Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jurgen Klopp and attitude to the FA Cup

Sky report saying he apologises for display against Plymouth.
I was left seething after concentrating on a major acca for the weekend - 15-fold / £20:
Arsenal to win 4/11 Las Palmas win 4/7 Empoli win 1/1 Napoli win 1/4 Nancy win 2/13 Nantes win 1/6 Guincamp win 1/2 Paris St Germain win 1/8 Tottenham win 30/100 Lazio win 2/7 AC Milan win 1/6 Juventus win 1/6 St Etienne win 1/3 Rennes win 1/12 LIVERPOOL LOST 1/6.
I am not a mug when it comes to betting, although I have put Charlton wins in my perms on a few occasions. I'm not looking for sympathy. I know there will be a fair on here few chuckling, cos I would.
But this w~nker Klopp has probably cost the majority of punters thousands. Mind you, the bookies were obviously rubbing their hands with glee when they saw the teamsheet. This is the worst betting result I've had, even though I cashed out for £60.50.
I have a mind to write to him personally to demand compensation!!!
Would be interesting to hear of other punters' experiences of 'bad beats' such as these.

Comments

• Options
    I had Bournemouth in my accy, didn't know they would
    put out such a weakened team.
    Don't learn though because I might put a tenner on
    dirty Leeds, at evens to make up for the weekend loss.
  • Options
    Boxing Day Lincoln cost me £608. Couldn't cash out cause it was in the shop and not online.

Lincoln who were top of the league, lost 2-1 to Guiseley who were bottom. A week later Lincoln beat them 3-1.

Gutted was an understatement.
  • Options
    Good news at least, but I actually gave the Spanners a chance at home. But Liverpool failing against Plymouth at home? Didn't think Klopp would want any fixture congestion!!!
  • Options
    I think he has more important factors to consider when picking his team than whether he is helping you win a bet or not.

I agree that it's a shame that the FA Cup is so undervalued by teams these days but that has what money and Champions League qualification has done so you can't blame the managers for prioritising things that they get judged on.

Give a Champions League spot to the FA Cup winner or give the winner some more money and things might change.
  • Options

"I am not a mug when it comes to betting"

No offence, but if you're backing 1/6 shots before you see the team sheet on the most notoriously difficult weekend for English football betting, then you've not got much cause to complain.

Besides, you got pretty lucky to even make it that far what with Milan, Lazio and Arsenal all scoring winners after the 89th minute!

Fair point. But I'd cashed out already when I could see it going pair shaped.
  • Options
    I don't do acca's for cup games for that very reason.
  • Options
    Unfortunately the FA Cup has probably been the biggest loser because of the CL and the Prem. the league cup is neither here nor there for a lot of people, but the FA Cup still captures the imagination. I'm not too fussed about it if Charlton are out, but if I were a fan of Bournemouth, WBA and Stoke I'd be pissed off about going out. All 3 of them are probably strong enough to stay up, the cup would really have got me excited if I supported any 3 of those teams as a chance for silverware.

Liverpool I can just about understand because the race to finish in the top 4 (let's be realistic they won't win the title) is such that if you miss out it massively impacts finances and player acquisition. I can understand Klopp's team selection in that respect

I do think if they really wanted to shake things up then the winners of the FA Cup get the 4th qualifying spot for the CL and then the top 3 in the prem. I guarantee that will prod a few clubs into life.
  • Options
    Had an acca on NY weekend, made 101 quid off 12x10p 12 folds, but had one game that let me down for 420 quid off a pound for the 13 fold.

FA Cup betting is horrible, Liverpool, Bournemouth both let me down, as did Barcelona
  • Options
    It's really not a good idea to bet on a cup game unless you know the teams.

I'm even reluctant to select those matches in the CL predictions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Had an acca on NY weekend, made 101 quid off 12x10p 12 folds, but had one game that let me down for 420 quid off a pound for the 13 fold.

FA Cup betting is horrible, Liverpool, Bournemouth both let me down, as did Barcelona

Sam, I'm glad you at least took something substantial off the bookies over the NY.
    If you see the FA cup games I selected I had thought the odds were more in my favour. I picked out some French cup games where the odds-on teams won by big scores. They obviously value their competition more. I won't get my fingers burnt on the cup again. It annoyed me that 10mins into the Liverpool tie I could've cashed out for £175. In that respect, it wasn't a bad bet I put on. I just feel mugged by Mr Klopp :frowning:
  • Options
    Can't remember where I read it but being punished for putting out a under strength side in the checkatrade cup, yet being able to spin your entire side for the FA cup just shows how fucked our game has become.
  • Options
    I hate the term 'acca', it really irks me for some reason.

That's my contribution to this thread.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Sam, I'm glad you at least took something substantial off the bookies over the NY.
    If you see the FA cup games I selected I had thought the odds were more in my favour. I picked out some French cup games where the odds-on teams won by big scores. They obviously value their competition more. I won't get my fingers burnt on the cup again. It annoyed me that 10mins into the Liverpool tie I could've cashed out for £175. In that respect, it wasn't a bad bet I put on. I just feel mugged by Mr Klopp :frowning:
    How much would the bet of come to if Liverpool had won
  • Options

ur 2 picky m8.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

sam3110 said:

How much would the bet of come to if Liverpool had won
    I had 5 matches to come after, but the return would have been £1277. Cashed out for £60.50, I did beat the bookie ok but I'd have laid the £60.50 alone on Liverpool beating Plymouth, regardless of what juveniles they cared to put out.
  • Options

'Acca' is definitely better than 'accy' though.
  • Options
    Serious betters would not use accumulators. At best they should be a bit of fun when spending the day in the pub with mates and just checking a couple of quid on.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Serious betters would not use accumulators. At best they should be a bit of fun when spending the day in the pub with mates and just checking a couple of quid on.

Agree Colt. That's the first time I loaded so much on 1 bet. Normally don't do more than 3 or 4 quid per week. Also, I don't get a cash out offer of £175 ever on a small bet. I was doing something ok with the bet!
  • Options
    I hate cash out. It really messes with your head.
    Well, mine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At what point in the Liverpool game did you cash out ?

As soon as that was done if Liverpool had scored it would have annoyed you ten times more than the fact they didn't(if i'm reading this correctly re your cash out)
  • Options
    I completely stopped football betting.

It's fun and addictive. Adds a little something to the weekend.

The addictive part though is the financial selling point that will always get you in the end.

I just now only stick with the free super 6 thing.

Sort of realised it's better to just work for money without thinking I can get something for nothing.

Im now saving a shit load in comparison to what I was averagely spending on bets.
    That's the way I look at it.

Football is way to unpredictable.

Just ends up in frustration.

I say that because I was putting way too much in...without consistent enough success in return.

If your gana do it. I recommend strictly limiting yourself without giving in.
    Only put £5 maximum in per weekend. Then if you (likely) lose. You don't care.

Never aim big in one hit.

Bet smart and just see the money hopefully gradually build up over time in a cautious way.

• Options
    The players are in the first team squad. He chose to play them. They didn't manage to win despite dominating the match. Football isn't completely predictable. People lose bets all the time.
    That's it really.
  • Options
    You seem to imply that football teams should be picked to make it fair to people who bet. This is pretty low down on his list of priorities and what he is paid for. Liverpool have a relatively thin squad when compared to the other of the big 6. Most Liverpool players had played most games this season other than where injuries forced changes. He needs to get Champions League football so he can increase the depth of his squad.
  • Options

At what point in the Liverpool game did you cash out ?

As soon as that was done if Liverpool had scored it would have annoyed you ten times more than the fact they didn't(if i'm reading this correctly re your cash out)

After half time the cash out was going down by 3 or 4 quid every minute. Got out about 1/2 way through 2nd half.
  • Options
    football bets saturday morning i do a 5 team £5.00 bet, £3.00 btts bet and a £2.00 btts and match result bet on paper if it wins i win it loses ive lost £10.00 and no cash out to worry about.
  • Options
    I thought this was going to be an in-depth examination of the nature of the FA cup and how managers currently view it. Perhaps with some detailed analysis on the future of the competition.

Instead its "Liverpool ruined by bloody accca!"