Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

tribute bands

13»

Comments

• Options
    - here in Broadstairs we get a lot of tributes at the Pavilion - this year Blondie. Crosby Stills, Nash and Young and Santana - The Wrotham Arms (which is a good blues venue} recently had The Konks ...
    Personally cant stand tribute acts.
  • Options
    I had a real "Phoenix Nights" moment earlier this year. My band was booked to play a social club and I went round to take a look... my mate asked if the stage was big enough for us, before I could answer the manager said " it should be, we had the Rolling Stones here last week... well, not the real ones and two weeks ago it was Blondie... well, not the real Blondie"!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Saw Aussie Floyd at the Liverpool Echo last night - utterly superb. It was a Christmas present from last year from my eldest - he got a VIP package bless him so we met the band and had front row and centre seats.

Planning to see them early next year in Lux.
  • Options
    Speak & spell , Depeche Mode Tribute band, they play all the songs from their golden era ( Violator , songs of faith & devotion ) seen them a few times and they are quality , regarded as Europe's premier DM tribute band
    http://www.depechemodetribute.co.uk/in-a-different-light/
  • Options
    Saw Coda, Led Zep tribute Saturday, great value at £10 a ticket. A few weeks ago saw Purple Zeppelin, not quite as good but two for one ;-)
  • Options
    Aussie Pink Floyd are brilliant and saw them many times in England, but virtually unheard of here in Australia. The female singer was superb singing the great gig in the sky.....
  • Options
    TEL said:

Aussie Pink Floyd are brilliant and saw them many times in England, but virtually unheard of here in Australia. The female singer was superb singing the great gig in the sky.....

I went to see the Polish Pink Floyd.
    Not only were they cheaper but the finished The Wall in half the time.
  • Options
    Another version of the various pink Floyd acts for me on Saturday, this time it's the pink Floyd effect at the castle theatre in Wellingborough, I'm a glutton for punishment.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    This is spooky, I have this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUQwE4pBhXM
    playing in the background at home and the Pink Floyd track is playing.......is it a sign?
  • Options
    That's a great sign mike, and I'll take any I can.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Mimik Floyd - seen them twice now, these guys are very good

http://www.mimikfloyd.co.uk
  • Options
    Saw Oz Pink Floyd 2 weeks ago - very professional performance, and the show was pretty much 7/10 - good, but nothing extra special. What got me was, people buying their CD's after the show - surely you'd want to go buy the real thing ?
  • Options
    Yep agree Mr P, I collect a lot of pf stuff but wouldn't buy any other groups version, to me it's just a night out hearing a version of the music I enjoy.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Saw The Smyths this time last year in Kilburn.

May have been the beer or the packet, but it was one of the best night I've had in London.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

May have been the beer or the packet, but it was one of the best night I've had in London.

So they don’t sound anything like The Smiths then?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Got any vids/photos ?
  • Options
    I'd love to see Bjorn again,not old enough to have seen ABBA live, nearest I've got to is a few dodgy tribute acts but after a few sherry's who gives a monkeys.
  • Options

I'd love to see Bjorn again,not old enough to have seen ABBA live, nearest I've got to is a few dodgy tribute acts but after a few sherry's who gives a monkeys.

I saw them a few years ago at Blackheath, had a great night
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Croydon said:

Theres someone who posts on here who is the roadiesound technician for The Smyths.
  • Options
    The Counterfeit Stones are pretty good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seen the Aussie Pink Floyd and thought they were great. Rly enjoyed the show. Would go again.

Seen Nirvana UK a few times now and they are top notch. Very, very realistic and great fun. Saw them first at a cover band festival called WV1Fest and they blew me away. Slipknowt are a great Slipknot cover too.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Planning to see them at the 100 club in July