Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Russell Slade - leading football data collection action (p2)

Looks set to be appointed Coventry Manager until end of season, out of the frying pan into the fire i think.

Comments

• As I've said here when we've had a vacancy, there will always be applicants to be a football manager, however bad the situation. And it doesn't get much worse than Coventry...

I wonder if Nugent will follow Slade there? Nugent wasn't with Slade at Cardiff, so it's not as if they've always worked together
  • taking any job he can get

Think its the same for any Manager though

You start picking and choosing your jobs then you'll quickly be forgotten and you'll be the next Alan Curbishley
  • He really doesn't give a shit who he works for does he. Obviously likes collecting the redundancy cheques.

Next he will become the North Korean Football team manager!
  • I think Nugent will be going to Coventry with Slade. Especially as Ritchie Barker could be heading our way.
  • He won't see old bones, keep taking these jobs
  • Sponsored links:

• Good god,

'you know your clubs proper fu**ed into the ground by insane owners who don't give a toss about football when...:.russell Slade is announced as your manager.'

Only Blackpool for the full house.
  • My first thought is that it's weird that he keeps getting jobs at big clubs but then I'm not sure Coventry fall into that category anymore...
  • SDAddick said:

My first thought is that it's weird that he keeps getting jobs at big clubs but then I'm not sure Coventry fall into that category anymore...

do we?
  • SDAddick said:

My first thought is that it's weird that he keeps getting jobs at big clubs but then I'm not sure Coventry fall into that category anymore...

do we?
    No... The only clubs that fall into the big club category are:

Arsenal | Chelsea | Liverpool | Man City | Man Utd | Spurs and maybe Everton

All other clubs are exactly the same, every so often they'll have a good run in their History, every so often they'll have a bad run in their History... Every single one of the clubs are nothing but selling clubs to another team in the chain and are just one bad player or managerial appointment away from relegation and thus another bad run in their History!!
  • We should definitely be looking forward to the return fixture then.
  • I wonder if he wants any of our defenders ?
  • Looks set to be appointed Coventry Manager until end of season, out of the frying pan into the fire i think.

SISU OUT !!
  • edited December 2016
    confirmed cov manager

The Club are delighted to announce that Russell Slade will take over as Coventry City Manager with immediate effect.

Slade joins the Sky Blues until the end of the current season and will make the trip to Bristol Rovers for his first fixture in charge.

The 56-year old parted company with Charlton Athletic at the beginning of this season, while has also spent time in charge of Brighton and Hove Albion, Leyton Orient and Championship side Cardiff City during a managerial career spanning 22 years

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/russel-slade-coventry-city-manager-3480175.aspx#lKR4eMoQROT7eH3g.99
  • confirmed cov manager

The Club are delighted to announce that Russell Slade will take over as Coventry City Manager with immediate effect.

Slade joins the Sky Blues until the end of the current season and will make the trip to Bristol Rovers for his first fixture in charge.

The 56-year old parted company with Charlton Athletic at the beginning of this season, while has also spent time in charge of Brighton and Hove Albion, Leyton Orient and Championship side Cardiff City during a managerial career spanning 22 years

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/russel-slade-coventry-city-manager-3480175.aspx#lKR4eMoQROT7eH3g.99

The beginning?
  • All I can say is they must be running out of absolute loons to manage these basket case clubs... How sad is that? we have been shit many times but a basket case? sad.
  • Sponsored links:

• LuckyReds said:

confirmed cov manager

The beginning?
    I see they've picked a photo of Slade, from near the end of his spell with us, when he was haggered and unshaven!
  • Nailed on goaless draw when we play them
  • hes obviously created a niche for himself ...
  • What are the odds that Coventry finish above us?
  • confirmed cov manager

That'll soon change.
  • Honestly, I know people need a job, but this amazes me after what he's gone through with us. I get football is a very abstract industry but come on. wow. I'm actually astounded
  • SDAddick said:

do we?
    No... The only clubs that fall into the big club category are:

Arsenal | Chelsea | Liverpool | Man City | Man Utd | Spurs and maybe Everton

All other clubs are exactly the same, every so often they'll have a good run in their History, every so often they'll have a bad run in their History... Every single one of the clubs are nothing but selling clubs to another team in the chain and are just one bad player or managerial appointment away from relegation and thus another bad run in their History!!
    Aw c'mon mate be fair. Sheffield Wednesday are massive!!
  • cabbles said:

Honestly, I know people need a job, but this amazes me after what he's gone through with us. I get football is a very abstract industry but come on. wow. I'm actually astounded

I'm not in the least surprised that an out of work 56 year old League 1 manager has taken a manager's job with a League 1 side. What else would he do ?
  • cabbles said:

Honestly, I know people need a job, but this amazes me after what he's gone through with us. I get football is a very abstract industry but come on. wow. I'm actually astounded

I'm not in the least surprised that an out of work 56 year old League 1 manager has taken a manager's job with a League 1 side. What else would he do ?
    So having been completely exposed to a club that is a circus and given what has happened to him, plus his knowledge of the situation at Coventry (or at least awareness), he's just gone in and repeated exactly the same mistake. He may kid himself that it might be different because it's only a contract till the end of the season etc, but I just don't get it.

As I said, I get he's out of work, but surely he's been paid off by us and will this move actually benefit him? I'm not blaming him, it's more symptomatic of football as an industry in that managers seem to take the first available job but I am genuinely surprised he's gone for it
  • He's getting paid for what he's most qualified to do. What else would he do ?