Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Duchatelet live interview on Belgian TV today - talking about Charlton and 'Stupid People' protests

Comments

• Options
    Domme mensen or stomme mensen ? Stupid in Dutch is stomme.

All that expensive PR undermined by Duchatelet showing his arrogance & genuine stupidity. Shows how little he knows. Talks about helpful advice around football to a very experienced coach. What the hell does Duchatelet know about football ? The new Pitch PR agency manager cannot be happy about this.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

As ever, even when CARD (of which I'm not a member or spokesman) are taking a protest breather over Christmas the regime does their job for them.

More nonsense, insults and lies all of which just fuel the flames and keep the dissent alive.

Thanks M. Duchatelet, happy Christmas.

A-hem, Henry, i'd like to think that maybe some of the other protest groups might have had a teeny-weeny little bit of influence in this too ?? - after all, the B20 have engaged with RD twice over the last month - about 2 times more than CARD have.
    No slight on the Belgium 20 (of which I do consider myself a foot soldier, I did coin the name after all) or their work intended.

The B20 are doing a great job of taking the fight to Duchatelet.

I was saying that while the in stadium protests aren't happening in SE7, RD just takes more rope to hang himself.
  • Options
    Wasn't me, case of mistaken identity I'm afraid.

Am looking into* having the best of the letters, say 50 or so, made into a small book.

Can include new messages in that maybe. Post them in the messages for Roland thread and when and if that happens, will include as appropriate.

*TM @i_b_b_o_r_g
  • Options
    BDL said:

Roland, the stupid people are coming for you. AGAIN!

Great motto :smiley:
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

I would love to have a dance after the game. That makes everything so much more AWESOME!

At least we know where that Lady T nonsense idea came from now !
  • Options
    Both
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

i am going to have a banner made.... does it say ..... 1) "Stupid People" or 2) "Domme Mensen"
    I'm edging towards #2.

That'd look good draped over the directors box :)
    I think we should ALL bring a pillow case sized placard with this on to the Bristol Rovers' game.
  • Options
    I wonder what age Roland calculated he will live to?
  • Options
    3blokes said:

Oh and another thing, Roland, I love Chris Powell more than ever, now. A top notch brilliant bloke 1000 times better than you, you nob.
    So there.

I like this and it made me laugh out loud.
  • Options

Here you go - best I can do just now:

Presenter: STVV doing well – must please the owner and chairman, RD, welcome.
    RD - Yes, a relief. Football is sometimes good, sometimes bad. The meaning of football for me is for people to meet and enjoy themselves and (at STVV) it’s always a party - we always have dancing after the match – that’s the tradition there.
    Presenter: Last month you were 70 – belated congratulations – also an age to look back on things. But your sporting activities are still topical. Emails have recently come to light in the media in England that you sent a while ago to the former coach of Charlton, your club there. We have a few extracts from them (shows the Thuram email and the tactics one). Do you still support the sending of those emails?
    RD Yes, of course, that was just after we had bought Charlton. That involved an awful lot of money – buying such a club in England. We had of course thoroughly investigated everything with our scouts beforehand, screened all the players one by one, what they were good at it, what they were not good at, the kind of mistakes they made etc. Our scouts knew them much better, I think, than the coach who was there. Then we also brought in half a dozen players whom we knew and the coach didn’t know and we tried to help the man, while the team were more or less last in the division.
    Presenter: Should the sporting staff not have independence?
    RD: I think in principle they were independent. They could make their own decisions. (Presenter makes a gesture suggesting they might be moved out and RD begins to get irritated.) If people don’t understand, if the coach could not understand, that he was getting help, and threw that help in the rubbish bin, when he was getting all these players whom he didn’t know, and he thinks he can continue without the advice from outside, well, then he is not a clever person and those who think the same are also not clever. In principle we were giving them the advice so they had responsibility and could take responsibility and that is how we work. I find it very stupid that a person who is getting help, an important person for the club, does not accept it. I also find that the activists, some activists at the club, who from their reactions think the coach was right, well they are just stupid people too.
    Presenter: So imagine if the head of the Belgian FA (?) sent a letter to Roberto Martinez saying select him or select him, you would find that OK?
    RD: Yes, I do it with other coaches, certainly at the beginning. It’s good for a coach that there is consideration/ discussion. When STVV were regularly losing and letting in a couple of goals a game, I called in the coach and said, you can do what you want but you have to stop letting in two goals or we’ll never win a match, bad football, whatever, but no more two goals conceded each match. He went away and thought about and changed some players and you see the results. I think it is good that there is such discussion.
    Presenter: Moving on. Charlton – there is a group there, some supporters, I won’t say all supporters, who are strongly protesting. (Describes protest and shows footage of the birthday encounter and the coffin). Is this situation still retrievable?
    RD: Football is itself emotional, of course, but there are a number of people behind this who are doing it for all sorts of reasons.
    Presenter: They are not real supporters, you are saying?
    RD: They are activists acting out of other considerations than pure interests of the club. Of course when things are not going well with the club…It is not the first time. It is the third time. (Presenter points to a picture of the taxi). They started it when I let that famous trainer go – the one who was only getting a point per match. Then Jose Riga came in and with all the other players that the other coach had said were bad players, got 1.5 points per match and saved the club, then it all stopped.
    Presenter: With all these things going on are you not planning over time to sell the club?
    RD: Look, no, yes, well, I got into football in the first place as a sponsor. I think I have done a reasonable job but I am also not planning to be doing this forever. It’s unexpected that I’m now back in football at STVV because the club had to be sold by the former to someone else and there wasn’t anyone and it was also an annoying situation, but actually I think that I can input much more in other areas – in social/ economic areas.
    Presenter: We’ll come to that. So now that you are 70 have you not had enough with these clubs?
    RD: Well, for a while, it is now two years since I sold Standard. (Not quite catching the next bit). Football for me has become less important. I have done calculations – I will only reach a certain age.

Then they move on to discuss the basic income and other ideas. He is much more fluent and animated when talking about this kind of stuff - far less defensive!

Hmmm yes ok whatever!
  • Options
    Currently on loop at Douchebag Towers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AXzDCUoOUoc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was expecting Paola Fisch to come on at the end and say 'Scorcio'
  • Options

se9addick said:

1StevieG said:

I would love to have a dance after the game. That makes everything so much more AWESOME!

At least we know where that Lady T nonsense idea came from now !
    The only place WE want to dance is around his grave !

( Note to local Old Bill. " As one of the actors described by RD, I'm the comedian of the group")

A bit morbid but I like it...
  • Options

RD - Yes, a relief. Football is sometimes good, sometimes bad. The meaning of football for me is for people to meet and enjoy themselves and (at STVV) it’s always a party - we always have dancing after the match – that’s the tradition there.
    Presenter: Last month you were 70 – belated congratulations – also an age to look back on things. But your sporting activities are still topical. Emails have recently come to light in the media in England that you sent a while ago to the former coach of Charlton, your club there. We have a few extracts from them (shows the Thuram email and the tactics one). Do you still support the sending of those emails?
    RD Yes, of course, that was just after we had bought Charlton. That involved an awful lot of money – buying such a club in England. We had of course thoroughly investigated everything with our scouts beforehand, screened all the players one by one, what they were good at it, what they were not good at, the kind of mistakes they made etc. Our scouts knew them much better, I think, than the coach who was there. Then we also brought in half a dozen players whom we knew and the coach didn’t know and we tried to help the man, while the team were more or less last in the division.
    RD: I think in principle they were independent. They could make their own decisions. (Presenter makes a gesture suggesting they might be moved out and RD begins to get irritated.) If people don’t understand, if the coach could not understand, that he was getting help, and threw that help in the rubbish bin, when he was getting all these players whom he didn’t know, and he thinks he can continue without the advice from outside, well, then he is not a clever person and those who think the same are also not clever. In principle we were giving them the advice so they had responsibility and could take responsibility and that is how we work. I find it very stupid that a person who is getting help, an important person for the club, does not accept it. I also find that the activists, some activists at the club, who from their reactions think the coach was right, well they are just stupid people too.
    Presenter: So imagine if the head of the Belgian FA (?) sent a letter to Roberto Martinez saying select him or select him, you would find that OK?
    RD: Yes, I do it with other coaches, certainly at the beginning. It’s good for a coach that there is consideration/ discussion. When STVV were regularly losing and letting in a couple of goals a game, I called in the coach and said, you can do what you want but you have to stop letting in two goals or we’ll never win a match, bad football, whatever, but no more two goals conceded each match. He went away and thought about and changed some players and you see the results. I think it is good that there is such discussion.
    Presenter: Moving on. Charlton – there is a group there, some supporters, I won’t say all supporters, who are strongly protesting. (Describes protest and shows footage of the birthday encounter and the coffin). Is this situation still retrievable?
    RD: Football is itself emotional, of course, but there are a number of people behind this who are doing it for all sorts of reasons.
    RD: They are activists acting out of other considerations than pure interests of the club. Of course when things are not going well with the club…It is not the first time. It is the third time. (Presenter points to a picture of the taxi). They started it when I let that famous trainer go – the one who was only getting a point per match. Then Jose Riga came in and with all the other players that the other coach had said were bad players, got 1.5 points per match and saved the club, then it all stopped.
    Presenter: With all these things going on are you not planning over time to sell the club?
    RD: Look, no, yes, well, I got into football in the first place as a sponsor. I think I have done a reasonable job but I am also not planning to be doing this forever. It’s unexpected that I’m now back in football at STVV because the club had to be sold by the former to someone else and there wasn’t anyone and it was also an annoying situation, but actually I think that I can input much more in other areas – in social/ economic areas.
    Presenter: We’ll come to that. So now that you are 70 have you not had enough with these clubs?
    RD: Well, for a while, it is now two years since I sold Standard. (Not quite catching the next bit). Football for me has become less important. I have done calculations – I will only reach a certain age.

Then they move on to discuss the basic income and other ideas. He is much more fluent and animated when talking about this kind of stuff - far less defensive!

Hmmm yes ok whatever!
    Probably not worth giving you a response as that's what you want so I'll leave it as 'none so blind'.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Hmmm yes ok whatever!
    Probably not worth giving you a response as that's what you want so I'll leave it as 'none so blind'.
    I'm being sarcastic. I am flabbergasted once again at he is coming out with.
  • Options
    Arghh, stumbles into table as have eyes shut.
  • Options

I'm listening and will do my best to translate if I don't get too angry. He's already called the activists "domme mensen" - stupid people.

BOO

Says he will not be involved in football forever...

Hurray

• Options

stonemuse said:

Hmmm yes ok whatever!
    I'm being sarcastic. I am flabbergasted once again at he is coming out with.
    Fair enough, I missed your inference.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

1StevieG said:

Thanks for the translation @Weegie Addick.

Definitely.

Did anyone manage to save the video before it was deleted?
    I've still got it, how don't know how to save it on an iPad? :(
  • Options
    Late bid for Overseas Sports Personalality of the Year maybe. Just when you thought, etc...