Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Foxy

124»

Comments

• Options
    I'd sign an experienced LB in January and let Fox learn from him for the rest of the season while being on the bench.

He's not good enough at the moment but he's still young so can learn things that might improve his game for when he hits his prime.
  • Options

I'd sign an experienced LB in January and let Fox learn from him for the rest of the season while being on the bench.

He's not good enough at the moment but he's still young so can learn things that might improve his game for when he hits his prime.

I'd see if Sheffield Wednesday are still willing to pay a 7 figure sum
  • Options
    SHG is bang on the money.
  • Options
    Please no more excuses. He's simply not good enough.
  • Options
    He is a total f*cking waste of space. He will struggle to find a Sunday side on Hackney Marshes that is shit enough for him to fit into.

Shite, shite, shite
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

He is a total f*cking waste of space. He will struggle to find a Sunday side on Hackney Marshes that is shit enough for him to fit into.

Shite, shite, shite

Disagree completely, I think @ShootersHillGuru has it right. I love the fact he never hides unlike many wasters we have had over the years.
    That is true. He's rubbish though and has been since he came in, other than the games when Bulot did a huge amount of covering for him
  • Options
    I think there's a good player in there and he's not been coached by a decent manager for 2.5 years. That must stunt the development of all our youngsters.

It's a shame he hasn't got an old pro overseeing his development, perhaps someone who played left back himself at the top level.
  • Options

Prague _ You are so right.Some of our fans are always looking for a scapegoat - Leaburn,Lisbie, Francis to name but a few.I will never boo a Charlton player and Foxy always gives his best

raytracey69. Can I ask you how can you delete a post and thinking of coming out of the forum, because of a few bullying and people threatening and abusive. thanks
    Don't let the bully boys get to you mate.You are perfectly entitled to your opinion.Sometimes going against the 'majority ' takes courage.I thought this was a forum for people's views.We can't all agree with everyone all the time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ha ha, never beat the first man with a cross in his entire time with us.

Orient goal, was one of a few.

Not like any of our players since then have consistently beaten 1st man since then.
  • Options
    Terrible LB in my opinion, doesn't deserve the ironic applause when subbed off however.
  • Options
    The lad ain't great but he gives 100% every game. Alongisde Jacko, he's often the only one geeing his teammates up, celebrating with the crowd and he genuinely cares when we lose, unlike some of the absolute shite we've had recently. If he was a tad faster he'd be decent, but it's his lack of pace that so often leaves him exposed. I think he'd be better suited as a centre back, but what do I know.
  • Options
    My main problem is that he doesn't seem to be improving, he is no better now than he was two years ago yet he is playing in a lower league and getting a decent run of games.
    He reminds me of Lisbie in some ways people kept on saying give him time and he will improve.
    Some players reach a certain level and that's it. I think fox is one.
    Having said that i don't believe in booing players it serves no purpose
  • Options
    I think he has improved over the last couple of seasons, his crossing is still a bit wasteful at times but he does get forward and does get decent balls in.

He does need some cover in front of him when he makes those runs though, and that has often been lacking.

I think he is a bench strength championship player at the moment and a decent league one left back but he needs some stability in front of him.

Personally I think Chicksen may be the answer to that in some formations.

And as others have said, he loves Charlton and sometimes, that is worth a couple of errors, let's face it we aren't a club full of players who feel a part of the club and want the team to succeed.

And we need those who are to hang around, if and when Duchatelet leaves, let's hope it's soon, the likes of fox can be a part of a promotion winning squad.

• Options
    edited December 2016

he cares, no doubt about that, but by God he was shite last night.

God you must wash that shit out your eyes, one of the only players who put a shift in last night you plank.
  • Options
    I'm sure KR has twice mentioned something about personal issues with Morgan in his pre game line up thing. I believe it was the reason he missed a game recently. I'm sure Morgan doesn't want his personal issues out there but it could be that he is playing in with other things on his mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have not changed my mind about Fox ever since I saw him play left back for the U19s as they were then. He spent a lot of the time coming up through the Academies as a left sided centre half. But he was converted to a left back. He is not good enough to play left back. You need pace and ability going forward. That is why, in the modern game, you see so many converted. wingers. That is why Holmes -Dennis would have been perfect for us. But the powers that be decided to sell him. As a regular U23 watcher I am amazed that Archie Edwards has not been given a try. He is quick can tackle is good on the ball. The only problem being he is very slight.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I have not changed my mind about Fox ever since I saw him play left back for the U19s as they were then. He spent a lot of the time coming up through the Academies as a left sided centre half. But he was converted to a left back. He is not good enough to play left back. You need pace and ability going forward. That is why, in the modern game, you see so many converted. wingers. That is why Holmes -Dennis would have been perfect for us. But the powers that be decided to sell him. As a regular U23 watcher I am amazed that Archie Edwards has not been given a try. He is quick can tackle is good on the ball. The only problem being he is very slight.

As slight as Chris Solly or even slighter...?
  • Options
    Solly is small in stature but is strong. Edwards is very skinny.
  • Options
    It's tough because he's obviously a nice lad, and you can see he cares, but unfortunately when the rest of the squad is so shit caring isn't really enough.

Under Powell and playing alongside the team we finished 9th in the champ with he would probably grow into a fairly solid player, but he doesn't have that luxury atm.

He'll have a good game 1/10, but he's so poor for the other 9, his defending for Millwall's first was sunday league stuff.
  • Options
    Struggling with the blame on him for first goal, ball goes over him after Millwall player leans into him, Jacko doesn't go with his runner, then Chicksen doesn't get no where tight enough to the full back making the cross, people find it very easy to lay the blame at his door, go back and look at the goal again. He was poor Saturday granted but was one of our better performers Tuesday always offering himself going forward and strong defending.
  • Options
    Painfully slow, positionally average, very one footed and just not technically that sound. He does suffer from a lack of cover from the LM but he's mid table league player at best. Better suited as a centre back prefferably in a back 3.