Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Morgan Foxy

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2016
    Rob7Lee said:

Sticking my neck out here, I don't think Fox is anywhere near as bad as people seem to make out, but I guess thats all simply debate, but many scouts rate him (assuming they aren't from the Network).

He does suffer when he's not got any protection in front of him. It's no surprise he has his best games when Jacko plays in front of him. TBH for all the hype Lookman is absolutely useless as any sort of protection in front of a full back, Botaka is little better.

I can see him leaving soon which will be a real shame, for one as I think we are losing a player who is 100% committed gives 100% effort and doesn't hide. I also think he can put in a mean cross, strangely often whilst on the move.

Agree with this. Fox suffers from a lack of protection & tracking back in front of him. When this is the case, I would be happy if Fox concentrated on his defensive role. Mostly, he is good when he does this. Chicksen at left midfield is likely to work well as Chicksen would provide decent support & know when to cover when Fox moves forward.

It may be that the managerial / coaching instruction was to get forward. This instruction may have neglected to acknowledge that the left back position would be exposed by a lack of cover (or the strength of the player ahead of him is not tracking back) or that pace wise, Fox is not a sprinter to get back quickly enough.

It is quite possible that he was hung out to dry by a managerial / coaching error in the set up & tactics of the team. The head coaches lacking an appreciation of the strengths / weaknesses of the players available in the squad to carry out a particular game plan / set of tactics.

This has happened on too many occasions over the last three seasons. Robinson / Loughlin appeared to be guilty of this yesterday.

The scapegoating of players for a poor team set up or performance is not good. Fox is a decent character & does not deserve that.
  • Options

Simon Francis. Those two words should make Fox's more vehement critics on here stop and think.
    Trouble is, I am not sure a lot of them are capable of thought.
    In my opinion the only justification for booing a Charlton player is if he obviously is not trying. Such as Hasselbank or Johnson, as said above.
    The people who boo Morgan Fox are cowards.

Simon Francis was utter Shiite when he played for us anyone who saw him play would agree unless they were myopic or they are his mum. Simon Francis is now a very good footballer.
    Morgan Fox is a L1 player and makes mistakes, but of course he should not be booed.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Dazzler21 said:

1StevieG said:

Same people that probably cheered off Makienok. Take a look where he is now. Scoring for Preston again today.

16 appearances 5 goals...
    And 3 of those in the same game, not really setting the world alight is he.

(for the record I thought Simon got a tough gig with us, as we didn't play to his strengths at all)
    Already matched his total goals in 36 when he played for us. #uncharltonised.
  • Options

I was very sad to see one of our own treated in that way. I notice there was no abuse directed at the real villains yesterday, how comes they escape, yet Fox who tried hard, never hid and was only slightly worse than most of the others, got that amount of abuse?

Think SuperKev.

One they get it in their DNA there's no shifting it.
  • Options
    I think it rather a poor excuse regarding Fox that it's others fault as he is not protected.
    He is in the first team so should not need protecting, accepting that it is normal team work to defend as well.
    I feel very sorry for him as I believe from what I see, is that he is not good enough.
    Defending, players go past him, or he is isolated in the middle when wide opponents have space. When he gets forward he appears to panic and not know what to do, or the pass is backwards.
    Maybe he is the current Simon Francis and in a few years will be playing top Premier League football, but I cannot see it.
  • Options

I think it rather a poor excuse regarding Fox that it's others fault as he is not protected.
    He is in the first team so should not need protecting, accepting that it is normal team work to defend as well.
    I feel very sorry for him as I believe from what I see, is that he is not good enough.
    Defending, players go past him, or he is isolated in the middle when wide opponents have space. When he gets forward he appears to panic and not know what to do, or the pass is backwards.
    Maybe he is the current Simon Francis and in a few years will be playing top Premier League football, but I cannot see it.

Its not about protecting the player... Its about protecting the Full Back so there isnt a two on one situation
    I sometimes wonder how Chris Solly would be perceived now had he not had Wagstaff in front of him while he was establishing himself for much of the time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Its not about protecting the player... Its about protecting the Full Back so there isnt a two on one situation
    I sometimes wonder how Chris Solly would be perceived now had he not had Wagstaff in front of him while he was establishing himself for much of the time.
    Or Lawrie Wilson?

Morgan Fox has put in his best performance when Chicksen | Jackson | Bulot etc. have been in front of him...

Its not coincidence its the fact that when opposition winger / full back attacking our own winger tracks back meaning Fox isnt having to go with one of the mentioned players whilst giving the other all the free space to pick their target
  • Options

He gets beat one on one plenty of times. People seem to think he's up 2v1 constantly when usually he isn't, he's just not very good at defending.
  • Options

I could see a decent player in Francis , I don't in Fox but the sarcastic cheering for his substitution was a rare bit of noise from our lame support
    Did Wednesday really bid over a mill for him ?

Bollox nobody saw a decent player in Francis when he played at Charlton
  • Options

I could see a decent player in Francis , I don't in Fox but the sarcastic cheering for his substitution was a rare bit of noise from our lame support
    Did Wednesday really bid over a mill for him ?

Bollox nobody saw a decent player in Francis when he played at Charlton
    I did. He was very poor defending, but he had pace and could put over a cross, that reminded me of Beckham (don't all laugh).
  • Options
    Ha ha, never beat the first man with a cross in his entire time with us.
  • Options
    I deffo saw a player I'm sure in an old thread I chose him over Solly , I can see potential , I have an eye for talent !
    Also I understand where covered end is coming from with the beckhamesque crossing technique
  • Options
    Yep so good that your beloved SCP saw him surplus to requirements.
  • Options
    Yep SCP is stupid !
  • Options

Ha ha, never beat the first man with a cross in his entire time with us.

Set up McCormack's goal in his first league start for us, Orient away on Sky.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Sticking my neck out here, I don't think Fox is anywhere near as bad as people seem to make out, but I guess thats all simply debate, but many scouts rate him (assuming they aren't from the Network).

He does suffer when he's not got any protection in front of him. It's no surprise he has his best games when Jacko plays in front of him. TBH for all the hype Lookman is absolutely useless as any sort of protection in front of a full back, Botaka is little better.

I can see him leaving soon which will be a real shame, for one as I think we are losing a player who is 100% committed gives 100% effort and doesn't hide. I also think he can put in a mean cross, strangely often whilst on the move.

Yes Rob you are so right and amazed he is still at CAFC and yes Raytreacy69 yes there is always a scapegoat and many clubs and then go to other clubs and perform so well, like Francis and Makieknok

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Prague _ You are so right.Some of our fans are always looking for a scapegoat - Leaburn,Lisbie, Francis to name but a few.I will never boo a Charlton player and Foxy always gives his best

raytracey69. Can I ask you how can you delete a post and thinking of coming out of the forum, because of a few bullying and people threatening and abusive. thanks
  • Options
    Think his big problem is that he strays too far from his opposing player. Then rushes in.

Also there is little point in playing hoofball with high balls towards Ajose.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    iamdan said:

Before the game MF geeing everyone up when the warm ups were finished and only 1 of 2/3 who were genuinely upset after the game.

He's an actual Charlton fan though isnt he?
  • Options

iamdan said:

Before the game MF geeing everyone up when the warm ups were finished and only 1 of 2/3 who were genuinely upset after the game.

He's an actual Charlton fan though isnt he?
    West Ham
  • Options
    he cares, no doubt about that, but by God he was shite last night.
  • Options
    I think he is playing with an injury even though he isn't the best. He has looked slower than normal even though he wasn't the quickest.
  • Options
    i care about the club immensely, but i couldnt play 90 seconds of a match let alone 90 minutes because im not a footballer - just like some of our sqaud fox included, think he should move on otherwise going to wreck his career, getting slaughtered every week.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

i care about the club immensely, but i couldnt play 90 seconds of a match let alone 90 minutes because im not a footballer - just like some of our sqaud fox included, think he should move on otherwise going to wreck his career, getting slaughtered every week.

Like Callum Harriott do you mean?
  • Options
    @ForeverAddickted exactly, fox just isn't a charlton player he could go elsewhere and be okay and i think he should do it.