Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Skipper & Chris Powell (pg 3)- Class acts

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2016
  • Options
    Its a very tough read. Good luck to Kyle. What a struggle.

Nice one Johnnie Jackson.
  • Options
    Why the fuck did we have to bring Chris O what's his face in when you would have got far more from utilising Johnnie Jackson who was already in the building?

Think someone was cutting onions over here when I was reading this btw.
  • Options

Classy thing to do though things must be worse at the club than I'd realised, there's no paper left to write a note on. I wonder if he made a spelling mistake on any previous versions and had to screw them up and throw them in the bin ?

What on earth are you talking about?
  • Options
    not on the same level but after the loss to sheffield united he personally replied to every tweet sent to him which i thought was quite nice.
  • Options

Nice gesture.

Good luck Kyle.

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

Classy thing to do though things must be worse at the club than I'd realised, there's no paper left to write a note on. I wonder if he made a spelling mistake on any previous versions and had to screw them up and throw them in the bin ?

I winder what JJ wrote on in the pictures?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    ChiAddick said:

I think it was meant to be a "joke". Must try harder.

Nice one JJ - legend.
  • Options
    Great gesture byJJ. I have supported the Addicks for 55 years & he his most definitely in my top 5 favourite players, he looks like he really cares in everything CAFC. Let's hope his best days at The Valley are still to come as a future manager, after the rat & squirrel (good name for a pub that) have gone of course. If you are reading this Johnnie have a great Christmas & rest those legs before they really do go.
  • Options
    JJ is a true gentleman and this club's owner does not deserve to people like JJ around still helping out where they can to limit the damage being done. I wonder if Kyle's eloquent but tragic story has been told to Katrien or Roland? It sums up why us fans matter and why the club matters to fans so much better than I have seen written anywhere else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonderful gesture by Jacko.

Kyle, all the very best for the future, I just hope the clowns destroying our club read it and hang their heads in shame......................but I doubt they will, because they never have and never will have the faintest idea what Charlton Athletic Football Club is all about.
  • Options
    Like Chris a really great guy who understands our love for our club.
  • Options
    Johnnie Jackson deserves SO much better than being involved with the complete shitstorm of the last (almost) three years.

Top, top man.
  • Options
    The man just oozes class.
  • Options
    Lovely gesture Johnnie
  • Options
    Amazing piece initially from Kyle , and something I really connected to having gone through the same/similar but to a loss less extent!

It expresses everything I feel towards Charlton at he moment...

Great to see that there's still a part of the last Charlton we all loved still involved with The club ... an amazing gesture too!
  • Options
    Very classy. Didn't need to do that but he did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There are few players I could say are my idols over the last 40 years as I don't get attached to many but with JJ I get that lump in my throat and very emotional when I think about how important it is to have him at our club. His attitude and demeanour is clear for all to see and other players can learn a lot by watching someone that exudes professionalism. He has earned the respect of fans and to be referred to as a club legend is the ultimate for any pro.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Love JJ, we'd be in a far worse state if he hadn't been around the last 3 years.! Lovely gesture from him, he's one of the few that still makes Charlton a special club.

Yes indeed one of the very few players who care so much for our football club and yes somehow we must keep him on in some capacity.
    However, another class act Kinsella has been a coach at CAFC and it did not work for him.
    Agree JJ is a very much a class act indeed and what a gesture.

Folks just be thankful for what you have and indeed do not have and try to enjoy and appreciate life every day.
    Also to do the best for all our Families and Special friends.
    Yes we have strong disagreements and opinions and not just Charlton matters, but in real life too and often people keep quiet about the personal problems they face and some keep it with their close Family.
    Fair dues in someone explaining what they have been going through and yes very much have to pinch themselves several times.

Those who have had strong disagreements about CAFC and let's face it, even in our Premiership days there were lots of strong opinions and yes the passion sometimes comes out too strongly and people take it personally and feel insulted.
    However, when one sends Jacquie Lawson cards and notes and absolutely no acknowlegement is made and I know a few people who have stated the truth, yet get blocked on postings and do not tell me that all of us have made mistakes and possibly told it is insulting, but frankly I know of people who have had no acknowledgements cards or otherwise and that is insulting too.

I want to wish everyone a Very Happy Christmas and a Peaceful New Year and yes this includes everyone and please unblock peoples views and stick just to CAFC matters only ok.
    Yes some people are man enough to apologise and still not acknowledged and people state "burnt your bridges'!!!!

• Options
    Don't care what anyone says about his legs going - JJ's heart is working jut fine and is exactly the quality we need in a captain.

Doff of the cap

And Kyle, thank you for sharing your thoughts and emotions - that can't be easy to do. All the very best to you.
  • Options
    I don't know if Kyle posts on here at all, but I'd like to wish him all the best with his battles anyway.
  • Options
    amazing gesture from JJ, what a top bloke.

Just read Kyle's blog, a very honest and open piece and brilliantly written. I sincerely hope things improve form him and wish him well.
  • Options

Johnnie is the only true and unanimous legend we have had at this club in the last decade.