Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gary Rowett sacked at B'Ham replaced by Zola who's replaced by Redknapp

Comments

• Options

Stupid decision signing Michael Morrison on a free transfer.

He could have bought Nabby Sarr for 2m Euros but he had to go with an English player who knew the league.

Deserved to get the push just for that.

That free transfer scored last night too I believe.
  • Options
    'Trillion Trophy Asia', fucking lord.
  • Options
    That's ridiculous! ! Bloody scandalous!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Stupid decision signing Michael Morrison on a free transfer.

He could have bought Nabby Sarr for 2m Euros but he had to go with an English player who knew the league.

Deserved to get the push just for that.

That free transfer scored last night too I believe.
    lucky deflection no doubt
  • Options
    Powell would do there
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Cant wait to see what genius is hired by the owners now which'll hopefully take the club from challenging with the likes of Norwich and Leeds to challenging with the likes of Cardiff and Wolves at the other end of the table.

Apparently they're now in talks with Gianfranco Zola to replace him

Football really is being killed off at the moment!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    While I did immediately think it was a terrible decision, I can't help but think of other clubs where I thought the same when new owners came in. I didn't want Parkinson to go, but that gave us Sir Chris for instance. Then there's Southampton, who should've stood by Adkins IMO, but then they got one of the best young managers in Pochettino instead.

Odds are this will backfire, but it's not a certainty.
  • Options
    Donald Trump as interim manager until he takes up the presidency in January?
  • Options
    Hope they come in for KR would take GR like a shot
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

While I did immediately think it was a terrible decision, I can't help but think of other clubs where I thought the same when new owners came in. I didn't want Parkinson to go, but that gave us Sir Chris for instance. Then there's Southampton, who should've stood by Adkins IMO, but then they got one of the best young managers in Pochettino instead.

Odds are this will backfire, but it's not a certainty.

Watford like a change of manager to and it's working out for them at the moment. Still think sacking GR is madness but I guess time will tell.
  • Options
    Sam Allardyce?
  • Options

Sam Allardyce?

Doubtful but I hope so. Would be amazing for Palace to miss out on one of the only men qualified to turn their season around.
  • Options
    Good decision, should've won the league by now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well that's our next manager sorted!
  • Options
    what positon were we when Parky was sacked?
  • Options
    Salad said:

4th (?)
  • Options
    What the f**k has football come to ?
    Too many clubs owned by wealthy foreign owner who know sweet fa about english football
  • Options
    Sure there's plenty of clubs with UK owners who know fa about football.

Was it Len Shackleton book that had a chapter about what chairmen/directors know about football and it was a blank page.
  • Options
    Ex-West Ham and Watford boss Gianfranco Zola is believed to be high on Blues' list of potential replacements.
    Former Italy and Chelsea forward Zola's last managerial job was with Qatari side Al-Arabi, but the 50-year-old was sacked in June after just one season.
  • Options
    Salad said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/9337377.stm

5th, though we hadn't won for several weeks

Parky was unlucky, though to me there's a difference between us fighting for promotion in L1 (which with our resources we ought to be doing), and Birmingham fighting for promotion out of the Championship, where to most people their fighting well above their weight, when you look at the richer teams below them
  • Options
    What the hell is Zola going to bring to Birmingham that Rowett wasn't already doing?

Hope it goes as well for them as Walter Zenga did for Wolves. Idiot owners.
  • Options
    An incredible decision, given what Rowett has achieved there on very limited resources.

This is what happens when people who know nothing about football take over clubs. Mind you, if the new owners are that stupid, it could only ever end badly and Rowett is probably well out of it.