Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's MK Dons FA Cup replay match thread 13/12/16

edited December 2016 in General Charlton
Good evening one and all and welcome to tonight's match thread. This will be my last match thread until 31/12/16 as work, family commitments and my mums funeral happen at the same time as the next 3 matches.
KR says 8 changes for tonight's game, the question is are we going to be strong enough? Only time will tell, but here are the teams-:

CHARLTON | Phillips, Foley, Konsa, Teixeira, Chicksen, Jackson (c), Aribo, Botaka, Lookman, Hanlan, Novak

CHARLTON SUBS | Mitov, Johnson, Fox, Charles-Cook, Umerah, Ajose, Ahearne-Grant.

Comments

• Options
    Well that's pretty atracking. All or nothing...
  • Options
    Good side that
  • Options

May I also take this opportunity to wish everyone who follows the match threads a Very Merry Christmas, thanks for following week in week out, and I'll see you on New Years Eve, in the meantime COYR's

And to you RM
  • Options
    Like it. Hope the kids play well.
  • Options
    4 changes for MK?
  • Options
    Much stronger side than I think many anticipated. MKD 1-2 CAFC.
  • Options
    I like the explanation of the formation from KR. Good potential to get a result tonight!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

May I also take this opportunity to wish everyone who follows the match threads a Very Merry Christmas, thanks for following week in week out, and I'll see you on New Years Eve, in the meantime COYR's

Merry Christmas to you Red, thank you for all the match commentaries I have been able to read of yours over the last couple of years
  • Options
    4 3 3, he does like attacking
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Thanks in advance @Redmidland. Hope you and your family have a great Christmas, and filled with lovely memories of your mum.

That very kind of you @Davo55
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Merry Christmas to you Red, thank you for all the match commentaries I have been able to read of yours over the last couple of years
    Its a pleasure @ross1
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

4 3 3, he does like attacking

It sounded to me from the video, it was more 4-1-2-3, with JJ playing DCM as ForeverAddickted said

Phillips
    Foley | Konsa | Teixeira | Chicksen
    Jackson
    Aribo | Lookman
    Hanlan | Novak | Botaka

• Options

And to you RM. And thank you for the updates throughout the season too.
  • Options
    Would have gone with Umerah before Hanlan and disappointed not to see Djiksteel on the bench.

Good to see Charles-Cook back involved.
  • Options
    The cynic in me would assume the pre match tactical explanation is the work of the PR team, improve communication etc. I don't think there's anything too wrong with it actually, it's just a glorified run through of the formation, really. And that team is very attacking. 4-4, win on penalties :)
  • Options
    Super attacking formation, think the holding midfield role is probably Jackos best these days
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Keep well Red. Best wishes for Christmas and thanks for the nippy fingers!
  • Options
    Looking at that line up I don't think it will be long before Fox comes on and Chicksen moves to midfield.
  • Options

A Very Happy Christmas to you as well
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Has it started yet? has it started yet?

Soo excited!!!

(Merry Crimbo RM n all)
  • Options
    Debut for Aribo.
  • Options
    Evening all. I will update from the MKD player as usual.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:

Super attacking formation, think the holding midfield role is probably Jackos best these days

Let's hope you're right.

But what happens after 60 mins when Jacko slows down and runs out of steam, and before Charles-Cook comes on as sub in the 85th minute?

• Options
    seth plum said:

Evening all. I will update from the MKD player as usual.

Evening Seth and thanks as always
  • Options
    Merry Xmas Redmidland cheers , best wishes also
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

CH4RLTON said:

Let's hope you're right.

But what happens after 60 mins when Jacko slows down and runs out of steam, and before Charles-Cook comes on as sub in the 85th minute?

We will just have to defend our 3-0 lead until C-C is ready :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!