Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Bradford 0-0 Charlton

many thanks to the 17 Lifers who gave marks.

At this time of year yellow cards become important, the only players we have who are on 3 or more are:
Magennis, Bauer & Fox on 3
Konsa on 4

Comments

• Options
    Yellow card count got reset at the end of November I thought?

Good to see Phillips get the recognition he deserves.
  • Options
    Yellows count is usually at the end of the year, but I haven't checked to see if it has altered this year
  • Options
    Daft question: The Magennis shot that hit the post and rolled along the line - is that counted as off target?
    I'm assuming off target.
  • Options
    The cut-off date for yellow cards in the Premier League is December 31. (In the Football League, it is November 30)
  • Options
    jdmotion said:

Daft question: The Magennis shot that hit the post and rolled along the line - is that counted as off target?
    I'm assuming off target.

Interesting point because if it is deemed off target and goes in off the post you could have no shots on target and win 1-0 if no other goals scored.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    We used to have a catagory "hit the post" but I stopped using it. However it seems unfair to say he missed, but then he did miss as it wasn't a goal.

So I’ll open a thread to gauge opinion, you could say a Statbank referendum

EDIT Thought about it and I shall just revert to including hit the post from tomorrow onwards, so no vote, life is too short :smile:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

jdmotion said:

I'm assuming off target.

Interesting point because if it is deemed off target and goes in off the post you could have no shots on target and win 1-0 if no other goals scored.
    If it goes in it's on target, as even though it hit the post, it hit the inside of the post at the right angle to cross the line.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

jdmotion said:

I'm assuming off target.

Oh my god
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Leuth said:

RedChaser said:

jdmotion said:

I'm assuming off target.

Oh my god
    I forgot to add my usual winky smiley emoji however Lancs seems to support this view and his decision is final :wink:
  • Options

We used to have a catagory "hit the post" but I stopped using it. However it seems unfair to say he missed, but then he did miss as it wasn't a goal.

So I’ll open a thread to gauge opinion, you could say a Statbank referendum

EDIT Thought about it and I shall just revert to including hit the post from tomorrow onwards, so no vote, life is too short :smile:

I thought on target meant the goalkeeper saved a shot that was otherwise going in. Magennis' shot was off target because it wasn't going in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bauer was a 'good' sending off says Karl.
    Josh hitting the post might be called a 'good' miss.