Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LOL option?

edited December 2016 in General Charlton
Do you tend to use it because something is genuinely funny or because you are taking the piss, making fun of or disagreeing with the recipient?
Speaking for myself, I am never sure quite how it's going to be interpreted.

Comments

• Options
    If I think it's funny. Of course I don't genuinely laugh out loud most of the time.
  • Options

Do you tend to use it because something is genuinely funny or because you are taking the piss, making fun of or disagreeing with the recipient?
    Speaking for myself, I am never sure quite how it's going to be interpreted.

I thought you need an increase in LOL's
  • Options
    From time to time...all 4 of those options. Which I think is perfectly valid.
  • Options
    Well, it seems to me that maybe admin might like to think of one or two more options for the sake of clarity.
    Though you won't be surprised to know that I have no idea if that's technically possible?
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

From time to time...all 4 of those options. Which I think is perfectly valid.

this .. unstated context is everything .. if yer know wot I meen
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I quite like that there isn't a dislike button but I think it can be disrespectful when people 'lol' opinions they don't agree with instead of actually articulating why.

I tend to only click 'lol' when something actually makes me laugh out loud.
  • Options

It should just be used for things you find funny, not disagree with. If you disagree with something, comment and say why.

Hmmm...this seems a very North Vietnamese, controlling edict! Have you gone over to the dark side D?? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It should just be used for things you find funny, not disagree with. If you disagree with something, comment and say why.

What if I disagree with something and can't be arsed to explain why?

• Options
    edited December 2016

True Bart......and you might even think of starting a thread actually putting that idea / edict across.
    Problem is, that will clarify things for a few months or so but new posters or posters that don't see or read the thread won't know your take on the matter.
    Would you not consider some further options?
  • Options
    I assume when I get a LOL it is because I am a marvelously funny guy. If any of you bastards are being sarcastic then you've failed :smiley:
  • Options

Lol quiz: real vs pisstake

"Guy Luzon will be our Alex Ferguson"
    80 lols

• Options

Lol quiz: real vs pisstake

"Guy Luzon will be our Alex Ferguson"
    80 lols

That was in the Joke Thread though to be fair.

• Options

THIS!
  • Options
    I thought it meant Lots of Love
  • Options
    I have given you a Lol there SoundAs because I am just playing with your mind :wink:
    ( quiet morning in the 3B household)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3blokes said:

I have given you a Lol there SoundAs because I am just playing with your mind :wink:
    ( quiet morning in the 3B household)

Well thanks 3B......I think!
  • Options
    There are some comments that literally make you spit your tea over your computer key board and that's a genuine LOL. Then there are occasions when someone might say that KM is a goddess and that's a 'you're having a laugh' moment but equally deserve a LOL
  • Options
    And sometimes people say something that is so ridiculous and unbelievable that you spit your tea out.

Also worth a LOL and then ideally a post saying why.
  • Options

It should just be used for things you find funny, not disagree with. If you disagree with something, comment and say why. Unless its an stupid that you just have to laugh out loud!

Fixed!
  • Options
    If I laugh at a comment I LOL it. I do find it hard to flag someone though. If I see something offensive I usually just think that person is a moron and they have to live with that which is hard enough.
  • Options
    Not sure the LOL button on my posts works. Could you all test it out for me.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Doh!
  • Options
    I raise you a Doh!
  • Options
    Should be and extra button. Lol for funny and Lol - if you don't like the comment.
  • Options
    I click LOL if i find something amusing or if i think a post is absolutely ridiculous.

If i agree, i'll like it and usually add a comment saying why.

Don't think i've ever flagged anyone.