Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Poyet

Had a text from someone with a bit of a tenuous inside line that he has been asked to train with us. Wasn't going to post it but have just seen it on another thread

Comments

• Options
    Sack them all its a joke

Joke club sack Carl Robinson get out of OUR CLUB

(I'm bored)
  • Options

Wouldn't be surprised - didn't Robinson have him on loan at MK?

If the Poyet we first saw in the team is still in there, I'd have him back.

He did and he struggled to get in their side. Was at least making the bench for them though...
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    What the f has happened to Poyet as a footballer the first time he was with us he was quality. Now he looks crap, why hasn't he progressed you would think with having Gus as his dad he would be getting the right encouragement and progressing
  • Options
    He played 18 times for M.K.dons. Seem to remember K.R. saying his loan spell ended as they had another midfielder (can't remember his name) who a was similar type as Poyet and was preferred.
    K.R. also stated that he thought in time Poyet would become a very good player.
  • Options

He played 18 times for M.K.dons. Seem to remember K.R. saying his loan spell ended as they had another midfielder (can't remember his name) who a was similar type as Poyet and was preferred.

Yeah a longstanding club servant came back from injury or something I seem to remember...
  • Options
    If this is kosher then having Pearce and Bauer behind him would be better than Johnson and Williams ! I still have nightmeires about that day trip to Hull.
  • Options

If this is kosher then having Pearce and Bauer behind him would be better than Johnson and Williams ! I still have nightmeires about that day trip to Hull.

But apart from the 90 minutes of shite i did have a good day out.
    Now where have i heard that before
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That day started badly Blackpool 72 when your bruv was late with train tickets and it got progressively worse.Remember seeing Poyet make his debut at Wigan and he was pure quality.He was unrecognisable when he came back to us but he is still young and maybe KR can get him back to his best
  • Options
    No thanks
  • Options
    Thought Poyet's debut was at Oxford in the Cup?
  • Options
    We might as well have played with 10 men at Colchester in the cup he was that bad. I was stunned at just how far he had fallen.

If he is costing nothing then there is no harm having him train with us, but is he really what we need? Another defensive midfielder is hardly a priority.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

We might as well have played with 10 men at Colchester in the cup he was that bad. I was stunned at just how far he had fallen.

If he is costing nothing then there is no harm having him train with us, but is he really what we need? Another defensive midfielder is hardly a priority.

You say we don't need another CDM but with Foley now playing right back every game we only really have Crofts who can do the shield the back 4 role.. I don't see Jacko or Ulvestaad doing that. Diego could come in and do a job. I agree not the most pressing area really needed for strengthening but if it's something we can do outside the window and him training with us costs nothing so I don't see what harm it can do.
  • Options

Yes it was Darren Potter who came back. Diego did OK at MKD but they ran with a very tight budget so they let him go back to West Ham, from where he came to us. He played in their 1-0 home win over us, though didn't stand out.

His father has been sacked, so may be back in England now.
  • Options
    Groundhog day
  • Options
    Worth a punt I guess.....but in not expecting much you never know we may get a pleasant surprise.....though I doubt any of us will be holding our breath.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What the f has happened to Poyet as a footballer the first time he was with us he was quality. Now he looks crap, why hasn't he progressed you would think with having Gus as his dad he would be getting the right encouragement and progressing

With us he had Jacko and Pritchard either side of him working their arses off allowing him to sit and have time on the ball.

He's not going to be a world beater but he's definitely better than what we have in the middle at the moment. Karl will definitely be looking to address central midfield in January.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

With us he had Jacko and Pritchard either side of him working their arses off allowing him to sit and have time on the ball.

He's not going to be a world beater but he's definitely better than what we have in the middle at the moment. Karl will definitely be looking to address central midfield in January.
    Think you mean Cousins, Pritchard didn't play much by that point. We also had Adjarevic in midfield at times, he was hardly known for his fitness and work rate.
  • Options

Yes it was Darren Potter who came back. Diego did OK at MKD but they ran with a very tight budget so they let him go back to West Ham, from where he came to us. He played in their 1-0 home win over us, though didn't stand out.

His dad has found another club already, Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua. His Fourth club in a Year and a half.
  • Options
    He's been without a club now for six months, has barely any match fitness which is going to take time to get back.

Sorry but if he cant do that by January at the latest then no I dont want us to sign him as it'll waste wages on someone who has at least been maybe playing at least U23 games for somewhere else etc.
  • Options
    It went downhill after the haircut!
  • Options

Poyet Snr is managing in China now

• Options
    Wet Spam - the team that taught Poyet that he couldn't tackle...