Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Utd game sold out

Well I presume so as they're not selling print-at-home tickets now according to the website and we were going to break our #notapennymore promise but now the club won't let us #shambles

Comments

• Options
    Don't do it Fumbluff, stay strong.

#notapennymore
  • Options
    I saw something about red card members only able to purchase. Was hoping to go and protest.
  • Options
    SU have sold out their allocation so tickets are now on restricted sale, and are no longer on sale online.

The fixture will initially be placed on general sale. However, if Sheffield United sell out their away allocation then tickets will be placed on restricted sale.

If this is the case, supporters wishing to buy tickets for the match will need to have been on the club’s database prior to October 31st 2016.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/index.aspx#dxShRCy3wPpBZpt5.99
  • Options
    Sounds like a cunning way to force people to pay the Kat-tax. Okay no worries we'll spend our money elsewhere again...
  • Options
    Sigh. Yes, it may do but with our database they'll probably have a purchase history from their last game here anyway. Still 3-quid is 3-quid
  • Options

Brilliant. Spoke to my son last night and we agreed we'd go along on Saturday for only the third time this season. He said he would order the tickets on-line today.

Now we can't. As I live a fair distance away, I'm not going to down the ground today or tomorrow to buy them. And I'm f***ed if I'm going to pay an extra £3 on the day to buy them.

So the club can stick it as far as I am concerned.

(PS Why not have a ticketing system that recognises people like me who bought their first season ticket in 1975 and actually makes things easy for us?)

Can't you order them and choose the option to pick them up at the ground on the day? That's what I've done this season to avoid the extra £3.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Fumbluff said:

Sounds like a cunning way to force people to pay the Kat-tax. Okay no worries we'll spend our money elsewhere again...

Sigh.

No it doesn't, it's a "cunning plan" to stop Sheffield United fans from buying tickets in the home areas of the ground.

Personally I'd stick them in East Stand Block A, no one sits there anymore and it's what we used to segregate for FA cup games
    Come on, Sheff Utd have already sold over 3000 tickets. All their "hard-core" fans will almost certainly have got in early to get their tickets. How many more Sheffield fans do you think are going to try and get tickets? A handful at most. And so what if they sit in the East Stand? It's empty anyway.

Can understand these restrictions if we were playing Millwall but we're not. This is just making life difficult for Charlton fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:

Brilliant. Spoke to my son last night and we agreed we'd go along on Saturday for only the third time this season. He said he would order the tickets on-line today.

Now we can't. As I live a fair distance away, I'm not going to down the ground today or tomorrow to buy them. And I'm f***ed if I'm going to pay an extra £3 on the day to buy them.

(PS Why not have a ticketing system that recognises people like me who bought their first season ticket in 1975 and actually makes things easy for us?)

Can't you order them and choose the option to pick them up at the ground on the day? That's what I've done this season to avoid the extra £3.
    Suppose so but the huge queues to pick them up puts me off as we will have to get there early to do it. What time do you arrive to get them?
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure this policy of only selling to members when the away team sells out pre-dates the current regime, Katrien probably doesn't even know it's in place.
  • Options
    TICKETS | Sheffield United fixture placed on restricted sale
    Posted: Wed 23 Nov 2016
    Author: George Jones
    image: http://www.cafc.co.uk/cms_images/sheffuhtickets4x383-3391045_613x460.jpg

Fans need to have been on the club's database prior October 31st in order to buy tickets for the match as the Blades have sold their away allocation
    image: http://www.cafc.co.uk/cms_images/hst48083-3425912.jpg
    HST480
    George Jones reports

Tickets for Charlton’s home, league fixture against Sheffield United on Saturday, November 26th are now on restricted sale, as the Blades have sold out their entire away allocation.

The game has been classified as an Addicks gold match, with ticket prices starting at £20 adults, £17 adult disabled, £15 over 65s, £12 concession disabled, £10 student and under 18s, and £5 under 11s.

Supporters wishing to buy tickets for the match will need to have been on the club’s database prior to October 31st 2016.

Seats can be purchased by visiting The Valley in person, by calling 03330 14 44 44, or by going online.

Fans wishing to buy online will need to log-in and refresh the page in order for the fixture to appear. If you are unable to log into your account, please contact the ticket office by calling 03330 14 44 44 or by emailing tickets@cafc.co.uk.

Please click here to visit our ticketing website.

Meanwhile, half season tickets are now on sale, with adult prices starting from just £100. Please click here for more information and to purchase yours.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-tickets-sheffield-united-3432185.aspx#66RtZhpJI9mwuQE1.99
  • Options

@ Clive

Thanks for posting that up. That makes more sense. Should have read the website before going into a rant!

• Options
    Scoham said:

sigh

there is always one know it all coming on these threads throwing common sense around!

:wink:
  • Options
    They'll have more fans than us!
  • Options
    If a neutral or casual football fan feels like taking in this game at the Valley, it looks like they can't.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

If a neutral or casual football fan feels like taking in this game at the Valley, it looks like they can't.

But then the same applies when the police make a match all ticket and someone wants to come along on the day, and can't
  • Options

seth plum said:

But then the same applies when the police make a match all ticket and someone wants to come along on the day, and can't
    this .. it's getting more and more difficult to just turn up to watch an FL or premier league game without some kind of club membership or purchasing history
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

I don't get why people try and use stuff like this as points scoring against the regime, there's plenty of other shit that's their fault, it just makes some fans look overly petty and bitter (there's a lot to be bitter about I know) but again, this isn't one of them!

totally agree, from some of the stuff i have read (not all on here) you would think anyone without a red card has been banned from every ground in England and Wales!
  • Options
    Seems a bit OTT, how many walk ups are there likely to be from Sheffield?

Even if a handful of away fans did tip up on the day, stick them in the nearest block to the away end in the east or west. They're not Millwall.
  • Options
    There was a fair bit of trouble caused by Sheffield United last time they were down Valley I believe, by the Cbeebies I think they are known as.
  • Options

Scoham said:

Suppose so but the huge queues to pick them up puts me off as we will have to get there early to do it. What time do you arrive to get them?
    I arrive after 2 and sometimes there isn't a queue at all. Occasionally wait a couple of minutes. I've found it uch easier than buying on the day where the queues are usually long.
  • Options
    Bubble said:

They'll have more fans than us!

I wonder if it will be the games with the highest ratio of away to home fans since we came back to the Valley ?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

I don't get why people try and use stuff like this as points scoring against the regime, there's plenty of other shit that's their fault, it just makes some fans look overly petty and bitter (there's a lot to be bitter about I know) but again, this isn't one of them!

This, hell of a lot wrong, but some would still find a reason to moan if the club stated that today was Thursday.
  • Options

Seems a bit OTT, how many walk ups are there likely to be from Sheffield?

Even if a handful of away fans did tip up on the day, stick them in the nearest block to the away end in the east or west. They're not Millwall.

There is clearly still a demand from Sheffield United fans for tickets, even though they have sold out, I would imagine the clubs have spoken to each other about this and decided it was best. Sheffield United would have a fairy large London based supporters club.
    They may not be Millwall, but they still have a large hoolie element, if it kicked off in home areas due to tickets being available without restriction to anyone, then this forum would explode with indignation at the regime and asking why they were not restricted.

This is standard practise for a high category game against a club with a large away following, move on, nothing to see.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Convince em that Katie is a closet Owls fan and let the feckers at her...
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

SU have sold out their allocation so tickets are now on restricted sale, and are no longer on sale online.

The fixture will initially be placed on general sale. However, if Sheffield United sell out their away allocation then tickets will be placed on restricted sale.

If this is the case, supporters wishing to buy tickets for the match will need to have been on the club’s database prior to October 31st 2016.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/index.aspx#dxShRCy3wPpBZpt5.99

Target20K is unattainable under this regime, but even appreciating the safety issues, the club don't exactly go out of their way to attract casual fans even on quiet days...