Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welcome Tom Rubashow - New CAFC Head of Comms

Comments

• Options
    Why the hell would you accept the job knowing what is going on?

Decent salary and job title that he wouldn't get anywhere else? If so, someone should probably let him know that when looking at a CV the performance is more important than the title, and he's definitely going to struggle here.
  • Options

He's on twitter for anyone that's interested.

@tomrubashow

Question. Is he Dreisens baby brother??

He's wisely made his Twitter feed protected. But he seems to be incredibly raw to take on a daunting job with such a high attrition rate. Suspect anyone with more experience would give it a wide berth? Or does Daisy want someone who will do as they are told and not ask questions?
  • Options
    What makes me laugh is that his first job will be to try to spin the announcement that Chris O'Loughlin being named as Slade's replacement is a good thing and that he is the best candidate for the job etc, all the time sitting next to the grinning idiot Meire who will then spout untruths that he will have to spend the following week defending.

Good luck, Tom. I give you three months.
  • Options
    May I just say Tom, I trust your (brief) stay will be an unpleasant one.

And don't worry about getting into work too early, Pinocchio normally rolls in around lunchtime I understand.

• Options
    This would seem to be another Charlton employee whose brazen ambition wildly exceeds their abilities. Enjoy the big chair Tom, don't say you weren't warned.
  • Options
    Posted without reading whole thread but hopefully I can be first to officially name him as Rubbish Show.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to know you're still reading CL Tom.

Regretting that decision that?
  • Options
    He deleted / changed that a couple of weeks ago
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Hah, so he was on the CharltonLife radar for a while I see.. Top marks there.

But please don't tell me he registered with a [@pitch.co.uk] email address..?!
  • Options

Really? I looked it up earlier today. He studied communications at Brighton from 2004 -7 if memory serves me correctly.

What does it say when a head of comms is afraid to have public profiles on Twitter and LinkedIn?
    That he may have picked the wrong job.. ;)
  • Options
    1st task - impress on KM and RD that they will never beat the fans
    2nd task - come up with a plan so that they can sell the club and leave graciously
    3rd task - embarrass them with leaks etc should they deviate form the plan whatsoever.
    4th task - take you place in the PR hall of fame and bask in your achievement for the rest of you life.

Alternatively - you could just become KM's lacky, be sacked on her whim when you don't scrape and crawl enough or upset Uncle Roly and face ignomy or an alternative career for the rest of your life.

Tom the choice is yours - cometh the hour cometh the man as they say!
  • Options
    He's a fan of some club's podcasts...

While not always as well produced I’ve also loved the passion of club focussed podcasts such as Cottage Talk (Fulham) or Five Year Plan (Crystal Palace)

...just not ours.

(from his wordpress blog https://tomrubashow.wordpress.com/category/football/ )

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The link still works for me?
  • Options
    The link didn't work for but I got him trough the app.

Likes Basketball too apparently. Looks like he wrote an idea interesting essay on euthanasia for his GCSE too
  • Options
    Poor fella
  • Options
    And me. Though he looks even more like a young Stan Laurel than Chris O'Loughlin does.
    I wonder if by any chance they are related?
  • Options
    and is known as Ruba
  • Options
    Leaving aside everything else, at least he looks qualified to do the job, unlike those above him
  • Options
    Ruba is still a Pitch employee. It's a temporary agency gig or short term secondment. An account manager. No way, would he be foolish enough to give up his position with Pitch to work under Duchatelet, who will smash up any carefully managed strategy, would he ?
  • Options
    If you join scum, you become scum. Good luck mate.
  • Options
    Maybe i'm just getting old, but employing someone who has worked for an agency for 7 years (and look at the work covered) to deal with the toxic subject that is CAFC is madness....... but then what else do we expect.

I struggle to wish him good luck for this role, so I just wish him good luck in his next roll after CAFC around January 2017.