Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things I have learnt since Saturday....

1. It can sometimes only take one game to get sacked. All this would be a surprise after the FA cup win.

Form wise. It wasn't 2 consecutive defeats. Something probably happened on the inside. My guess, Slade woke up and maybe said some things the regime didn't want to hear.
Or maybe Slades sacking was just a direct result of someone having their lunch ruined.

Someone deserves to lose their job because someone else's lunch was ruined.

I believe it was probably a mutual decision, to be honest.

2. Charlton fans are excellent. Charlton fans have surprised me by just how passionate, caring, persistent, thoughtful, and more things combined.
I underestimated us, massively and to my fear, I thought a hopeless give up feeling was gradually starting to sink in, because really, this is a challenge....one that may feel like a bunch of endless thankless tasks. Maybe I'm not as creative.
The regime are apalling, that's why.

I am obviously a Charlton fan myself. I've excluded myself from saying "we are" great, because I haven't put anything in the protest fund, not been to a game for over a year (I'm long term abroad), and to be honest I'm off the grid and not involved via contribution in anyway.
In fact....I left the country a few weeks after Fraeye came in. It's fair to say, it's all gone to complete sh*t since that very moment.

3. Relegation to league 2 is a serious threat now. We need wins are we need them fast. League 2 is simply not an option, for everyone, the fans, the players, the club.
Wouldn't exactly be the end of the world....it's just football, but still. Charlton just doesn't deserve that.

4. Sue Parks still insists Katrien is great, misunderstood and the fans are horrible. Ok.
She said, it would be different if we, or any individual fan actually took the time to get to know her.

Maybe if I or anyone sees her;

"Oh hello Katrien, just wanted to have a word, maybe get to know you, sue said your ni......

*conversation abruptly stops when security guard grabs me by the throat*

5. Roland is a strange sad man.
Judging by the way he reacted, I think his weekend was ruined. The only way he will get past it is by actually selling the club. Acknowledging the mistake of the purchase, to himself, cut his losses, advertise the sale of the club with a realistic price tag, and simply just move on. That's what grown ups are good business people do. Good businessmen have always made mistakes and learnt from them. The mistake is part of the learning process and reason why they are the success they are now.
He may seriously consider the option to sell once his shock and anger has died down a bit.

I think he knows what he has to do. Time will tell.

6. As reported back to us, from the people that went to Belgium, it is quite clear that a lot of those folks really don't like Duchatelet much themselves. I've only just listened to Talksport. The excellently spoken "Alan Davies" no not Jonathan Creek, a Charlton fan, informed Jim white that St Trudian fans want Roland stuffed in the taxi and taken back to London.
They really don't like him much either.

Roland Dichatelet is quite the Mr Burns. He certainly is not a people person.
Me personally, I'm not much of a "people person" either, but not at all in the same way though.

If your not a people person, you minimize your effect on people. You don't purchase professional football clubs.... because that is something that emotionally involves people. If you ruin what certain people of a specific group love or care about, they will blame and hate you for it, then you have to deal with people, when they are specifically upset.

You know you are signing up for .... And that's an inevitable backlash. W@nker.

7. We all wish we had a lot of money.

Roland is the perfect example that money doesn't (always) buy you happiness. It may just give you an unrealistic sense of the world and a damaging ego of no return...

To the point where you start saying "huh" at the end of every sentence.

Anyone else learnt anything specifically Charlton related since last Saturday?

Comments

• Options
    Slade lost the dressing room, that is probably the reason he was given the tin tack.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Slade lost the dressing room, that is probably the reason he was given the tin tack.

That would certainly explain Saturday's performance, or lack thereof.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

How do you know that Dick?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

1. It can sometimes only take one game to get sacked.

Knowing this regime, i wouldn't put it past them actually doing just that.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

dickplumb said:

Because Dr Kish mentioned it and he is very close to people at the Club. Also Kevin Nugent is still with us. If we don't appoint somebody before Saturday he and Simon Clark will take the team. Josh Magennis is injured and he may miss Saturday's game.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Essex_Al said:

dickplumb said:

Josh Magennis is injured and he may miss Saturday's game.
    Injured on international duty?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

dickplumb said:

Essex_Al said:

dickplumb said:

Josh Magennis is injured and he may miss Saturday's game.
    Injured on international duty?

Yes
  • Options
    that we are really THAT bad, seeing as Swindon lost 3-1 at home to non-league Eastleigh last night.

they've lost 6 out 7.............they're only win was against us.
  • Options
    8 Mansfield is a better gig than Charlton these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mansfield is a club run in a proper manner.

• Options
    I'll always love Charlton and I know that man will never defeat us.

I'll never give in and I'll fight him tooth & nail until he sells up.
  • Options

I'll always love Charlton and I know that man will never defeat us.

I'll never give in and I'll fight him tooth & nail until he sells up.

Did you mean?:

We shall fight to save our club, whatever the cost may be, we shall protest on football grounds, we shall speak to the media, we shall make our voice heard both in SE7 and in the streets of St Truiden, we shall do whatever it takes; we shall never surrender.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

In fact....I left the country a few weeks after Fraeye came in.

I think a lot of us were tempted to do the same.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Mansfield is a club run in a proper manner.

Yeah. Evans' statement is another blow to regime credibility and has to be seen as a hopeful sign.
  • Options
    I think that relegation is a very serious consideration if OLoughlin gets the job
  • Options
    I have learnt not to ever get excited about any manager that takes charge whilst this lot are driving the bus. Not that I have been excited for one moment about the last 6.