Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting To Know The Network (4 Part Radio Documentary) (31/1 Part 3, pg. 17)

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options

I am still trying to figure who Varney had ready for the managers position? He said it was someone the fans would like.

Powell? If not him, who?

No mystery there. Don't forget this approach started in August 2015 but extended to at least January 2016, by which time Powell had left Huddersfield.
  • Options

I am still trying to figure who Varney had ready for the managers position? He said it was someone the fans would like.

Powell? If not him, who?

No mystery there. Don't forget this approach started in August 2015 but extended to at least January 2016, by which time Powell had left Huddersfield.
    Pretty sure he could have tempted Powell away from Udders had he needed to.
  • Options

Powell? If not him, who?

Pretty sure he could have tempted Powell away from Udders had he needed to.
    Much like Eddie Howe going back to league one Bournemouth from championship Burnley
  • Options
    Listening to Powelly at the end almost choked me up.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Anyone on SE7 Valiants want to put this to Ms Parkes? I know she may have other things on her mind at the moment but in the past she had written off Mr Varneys comments as rubbish simply because they appeared in VOTV.
  • Options
    I'm up to date now. What a fucking shambles.
  • Options

And what about the Lenglet kid... He's just signed for Sevilla in the last window - 18 months after we were linked.

Clement Lenglet being linked with Barcelona | Man Utd etc. for just under £30m
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    It would be great an "addendum" episode to this now the RD era is over (ground ownership aside). Although the craziness we were subjected to in the 19/20 season period just prior to TS buying us would probably need another 4 episodes on its own!
    Need an addendum to @Airman Brown Battle for the Valley ... actually, I say addendum, but it could be bigger than the existing book! 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Battle For The Valley needs a sequel I think, although you'd probably need some independent legal advice before publication given the litigious nature of some of the characters involved.
    I suppose C Farnell would consider himself independent.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Battle For The Valley needs a sequel I think, although you'd probably need some independent legal advice before publication given the litigious nature of some of the characters involved.
    Lawyers would advise not saying anything. Where’s the fun in that? 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Only some lawyers. The ones who felt strongly that:
    a) they would win for you
    b) doing so would aid justice
    c) doing so would reflect well on their professional credentials
    d) being confident about the win, they should get paid decently

Those are the sort of up and coming lawyers you’d want to listen to. 

Alternatively Better Call Saul is a decent guide 😃

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    Can we take this to mean there is something in the planning?