Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CharltonLive podcast now out.

edited October 2016 in General Charlton
Tonight's show will still go ahead despite our website going down

You can listen via the maritime radio website here --> http://www.maritimeradio.london

We'll look back at yesterday's 1-1 draw with Gills and read out your tweets and emails.

Email studio@charltonlive.co.uk
Tweet @CharltonLive
Comment on this thread

Comments

• Options
    Lol, I thought you said Marmite!! Which seems quite appropriate for Charlton fans at the moment and the regime .. you either love 'em or hate 'em! Although, most hate 'em!
  • Options
    I think most of the stick Slade is getting is due to the anger with the state of the club. Definitely making some dodgy decisions but really limited with his squad. No doubt he's trying to work with these owners and realising they're rubbish, but he should have realised what they were like.
  • Options
    No sympathy for RS, he knew what he was letting himself in for when he took the gig, nice final pay day if you can get it. He's never won anything in over 20 years as a manager and was not our first choice so I was naturally underwhelmed when he joined and he's proving me right I'm sad to say.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Slade isnt limited with his squad though. Players like Holmes, Lookman, Texiera are amongst the best players in this league. We have the players to be top 6 but we're not because he picks the wrong players and formation and regularly makes the most bizarre substitutions I've ever witnessed.

As much as I dont want the owners to stay I dont think we can knock them too much for not backing Slade. We were one of very few L1 clubs to spend any money in the summer and Slade apparently chose Ajose, Crofts, Novak etc so he has to take alot of responsibility for their contribution and his failure to so far get them to play anywhere near the standard they have elsewhere.
  • Options
    Crofts immense....do me a favour? Most ineffective player on the pitch, hides for most of the game.
  • Options
    Spot on. Get the owners out before thinking about a new manager - nothing will change.
  • Options
    I still think Slade will keep us up, the danger of pushing him out is that Rolly will say "English manager ... I brought one in, now we are worst ever. Now I'll go back to what I am comfortable with" and bring in another eastern European no name.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

I still think Slade will keep us up, the danger of pushing him out is that Rolly will say "English manager ... I brought one in, now we are worst ever. Now I'll go back to what I am comfortable with" and bring in another eastern European no name.

That's all he's likely to get, Kap.

No sane British manager would touch us with a barge pole.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

When you look at statement, "Slade will keep us up," the fact that we're talking about that, that it's the sum total of what we expect from this season, surely that shows that he's quite drastically underperforming. Our squad is not perfect, but he made it, and we have the quality to be much higher than we are. Least of all defensively, we should have the best defense in the division with out back five, and yet we have...three clean sheets is it? I mean that's ridiculous to me.

I'd rather take my chances with O'Loughlin to be honest.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Kap10 said:

When you look at statement, "Slade will keep us up," the fact that we're talking about that, that it's the sum total of what we expect from this season, surely that shows that he's quite drastically underperforming. Our squad is not perfect, but he made it, and we have the quality to be much higher than we are. Least of all defensively, we should have the best defense in the division with out back five, and yet we have...three clean sheets is it? I mean that's ridiculous to me.

I'd rather take my chances with O'Loughlin to be honest.
    Oh I agree, keeping us up, is not a phrase I thought would be in my vocabulary this season. "Oh gosh are we really only going to be in the play offs" was my predicted worst possible statement
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Podcast is now out

Stream it online here - http://bit.ly/2f6wyIw

Or via iTunes or Acast podcast apps.