Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Return of banner

Below is the email I sent Charlton on behalf of my friend who would like his banner back after the game on Saturday. I sent it to the 'info@cafc.co.uk' address. How long do the club usually take to respond to correspondence? Should I be expecting a reply within 24 hours?

Hello Charlton

A banner was put on display during the second half of the Coventry game on Saturday politely (and humourously?) asking our owner to leave the club. If there had been enough space the request would have added "ideally selling to someone who knows what they are doing and also taking the SMT with you" but the curtain was only 6ft long apparently.

Anyway, the person responsible for the banner didn't hang around waiting to be assaulted by the thuggish, bullying blue vested stewards currently being employed on a match day. The banner was taken down within a couple of minutes once they realised there were bigger Addicks to fry than a handful of people blowing up balloons.

What with the unsavoury events after the game, the person who spent 6 hours making the banner was understandably reluctant to approach said bullying, thuggish stewards to ask for the banner back and left the ground thankful to be in one piece.

However, after giving it some thought, he considered the considerable sacrifice of six hours hard work, the purchase of pens and paint and the fact that the missus will probably kill him when she realises what he has done to one of the curtains! With that in mind, he has asked me if I could ask you to let him have the banner back please? He was also wondering if you could return the two cute toy pigs he had in his possession but somehow misplaced, as his kids really want them to play with having seen them on the extensive media coverage during and after the game?

My friend did ask if the items could be posted, possibly fearing the blue top bullies would be lurking nearby if he came to the Valley to retrieve them. I told him posting the items may not be such a good idea as I believe the club has had problems with Royal Mail misplacing correspondence in the past, so, as I am not intimidated by intimidating types, I am volunteering to collect the banner and pigs. When would be a good time for me to pop over?

Comments

• Options
    Tony Kraphole will hand it over personally, he's just got to find out if his thugs can also be there in case you say BOO!! to him...
  • Options
    I do hope your friend gets his banner back. The Valley is turning into a ghost town.
  • Options
    Can you also ask for a freinds very large North Korea Flag too please
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Tony Kraphole will hand it over personally, he's just got to find out if his thugs can also be there in case you say BOO!! to him...

'Tony Kraphole' LOL
  • Options
    If anybody wants a new banner we print them as well as anything else you might want printed. Mates rates!
  • Options

i also misplaced my 2998 pigs, could you ask for them as well?

Well here's three you're not going to get back :-)

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Reply from the club below. Surprisingly prompt.

Dear Mr Newell,

Thank you for your e-mail to Charlton Athletic Football Club.

We are more than happy to return the item in question to the owner themselves, if an appointment is made to collect it from The Valley.

We need to be sure that we are returning it to its rightful owner, and cannot return property to third parties – therefore, if the owner of the banner could contact us and arrange a mutually convenient time to collect it, that would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Supporter Relations Team

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just begging for a "how can he be certain he won't get beaten up" or "is it ok if he brings his own close protection team" response :smile:
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Just begging for a "how can he be certain he won't get beaten up" or "is it ok if he brings his own close protection team" response :smile:

If @foresthillred needs a hand, count me in.
  • Options
    'Supporter relations team' my arse.
  • Options

Reply back to them from me.

Ok. I am the rightful owner. Can I come in to collect it on Friday please?

I reckon you'll get interviewed by Eager and a couple of Big Tone's men, the others will be giving his Bimmer a clean in the car park. Tone himself will be watching you through the mirror on the wall. Go to it and adjust your tie or something, he'll shit himself on the other side. They will try to make you sign one of their ABCs there will be a big pad of them on the desk that they got printed up in the summer.
    Good Luck
  • Options
    Share the time and date and maybe get a few people to have an impromptu protest outside.. ;)
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Much appreciated G, I might just take you up on that
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Much appreciated G, I might just take you up on that
    Don't forget to take your phial of holy water & bunch of garlic just in case.....

• Sponsored links:

• Options

To quote one of the terrace favourites of the seventies, you're going to get your f###ing head kicked in.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

To quote one of the terrace favourites of the seventies, you're going to get your f###ing head kicked in.
    No worries there's an NHS call centre on site so 'you won't be going home in a St Johns Abulance' :wink: .
  • Options

Reply from the club below. Surprisingly prompt.

Dear Mr Newell,

Thank you for your e-mail to Charlton Athletic Football Club.

We are more than happy to return the item in question to the owner themselves, if an appointment is made to collect it from The Valley.

We need to be sure that we are returning it to its rightful owner, and cannot return property to third parties – therefore, if the owner of the banner could contact us and arrange a mutually convenient time to collect it, that would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Supporter Relations Team

How thoughtful of them. Or is it that they want a ' chat' with the owner and the opportunity to get him on camera, either cc or zoom lens and then add it to their shameful portfolio? You think they would have realised by now that we see straight through their ploys, but then again....
  • Options
    Sounds too blasé and matter of fact. Al Capone used this sort of tactic to lure his enemies into a false sense of security so they just walked into the arms of their assassin.
  • Options
    I do actually have a Darth Vader mask with a voice modulator but I would rather go in as me and show I'm not intimidated. I will probably pop down there during my lunch break tomorrow as the club have invited me to collect it from reception (see below). I have no intention of going in for a meeting as I will need to get back to work.
    Let's hope Dippenhall's assessment of the situation is wrong or I might next be seen on a CAFC Official video chained to the fans sofa in full club kit, two blue top bullies standing behind me menacingly as I extoll the virtues of the SMT and slag off CARD, all the while sharing a platter of vol-au-vents with Sue Perks!

Dear Mr Newell,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you. Yes, coming in to collect the banner tomorrow is fine - let me know what time you're planning to come to The Valley and I'll ensure it's ready for you.
    If you make your way to main reception and let them know you're here to collect your banner, someone will come down to return it to you.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Staying in The Specials' theme don't forget "Guilty 'til Proved Innocent!." Wee Tony probably thinks of himself as a "Conquering Ruler".
  • Options

Staying in The Specials' theme don't forget "Guilty 'til Proved Innocent!." Wee Tony probably thinks of himself as a "Conquering Ruler".

Funny, I heard that he has a fear of Rulers longer than 3 inches.