Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lets Stop Bickering and Get Behind the Team, Roland & Katrien!

Hi There

Been a fan of Charlton all my life and firstly I want to make it clear that this post is in no way Satire.

I Also would like to bring to the attention of any forum administrators that we are constantly shouting about Katrien shutting down free speech so I would like my voice to be heard and not be blocked or kicked off the forum for simply bringing this to discussion.

Why do we hate Katrien so much would be my first question? She has brought in some new ideas and is trying the best she can with the resources given to her. Its like we all like picking on her and being abusive because it makes us feel superior. I personally have seen a lot of positive changes and given time she could change Charlton for the better. I surely wasn't the only one who was glad to see the back of Chris Powell??? Boring Boring Boring, never saw him play as he was a bit before my time but his management skills were poor (And we all know that really)...Secondly, why the hate for Roland?? I mean to have that much money and influence in his life he clearly isn't stupid?? why is it bad if he is a businessman?? That's Great!! It means that he will be licking his lips at the idea of that Premier Leauge Money!! GIVE HIM TIME! Hes playing the long game and I can see that but others don't seem to be able too.

In Summary...Why the hate? Lets get behind the team, lets get behind Roland and lets give Katrien a break. Shes trying her best and yes some of the ideas haven't worked like the fan sofa (Shame on those who felt the need to rip it up), but shes clearly an intelligent astute women who WILL get things right. Also she has every right to ban fans who speak negatively and aggressively at her, how would you like the abuse she has received??

Finally whether we like it or not its ROLANDS club, yes we support the club but it is in no way ours, even though I love Charlton I understand its not mine, we need to chill out and let the people who are in the top seats do their job.

Surely someone out there can see what im saying???????

Comments

• Options
    To quote John McEnroe, you cannot be serious.
  • Options
    Her best isn't good enough simple as that, she hasn't done anything that's good for Cafc.
  • Options
    Gawd help us. Couldn't disagree with OP more if I tried.
  • Options

To quote John McEnroe, you cannot be serious.

He was pretty good on "A League Of Their Own" last week. That's a quality show actually.
  • Options
    TOO MUCH NEGATIVITY, GET BEHIND THE CLUB, ALL OF THE CLUB.
  • Options

Gawd help us. Couldn't disagree with OP more if I tried.

It's a WUM. Just look at the avatar. No point really arguing with it.

What are you having for dinner tonight? I'm gonna have a Chinese takeaway. #ThatFridayTaste
  • Options
    God help us, there are none so blind as those that cannot see. Can only think that the OP is an ostrich.
  • Options

God help us, there are none so blind as those that cannot see. Can only think that the OP is an ostrich.

Its you who can not see, things will get better, give them time.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    OAndyHunt said:

i agree with disgustedofdulwich

If Roland still has the club next year i would love to see no one buy a season ticket at the Valley. Then if everyone made that extra effort to get to the away games we will supporting the players without giving Roland & Co a penny. It could also be fun for us customers!!

You have changed your tune..........
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    The pod people are taking over.
  • Options
    OAndyHunt said:

We agree.

He will leave and things will get better.
  • Options
    Back in your box mate.
  • Options
    Nice try Katrien, not fooling anyone.
  • Options
    Katrien is a lawyer and sees herself as an advisor which is her training rather than being a decision maker which is what a CEO should be. She cant take decisions without deferring to Roland who as you rightly say is described as a businessman. So is Phillip Green so was Robert Maxwell. Just being described as a business man does not qualify them to run a football club. Most of the idiots that go onto the apprentice describe themselves as businessmen but it doesn't mean a thing. Judge people by results
    Roland -absentee owner of a football club
    Katrien - a CEO in name only who has made such wonderful decisions as the ever improving manager line up and the fans sofa
    Chris Powell - a highly respected football player turned manager. Achieved promotion from league one on a tiny percentage of the budget that has been wasted this season alone.

As I have said elsewhere - Roland may own the assets but we own the goodwill. His assets are diminished in value without the fans goodwill and he hasn't got mine.
  • Options
    Sorry Pal, I have been a supporter for almost 60 years, and during that time thought I had seen it all - until this shower came along. They are a cancer that needs to be eradicated before it becomes terminal. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but I have to say I disagree with everything you have written. And, of course, you have written this to deliberately provoke a response.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OAndyHunt said:

How much time have you got in mind, when we are bottom of the National League. Could you also list me five positive changes you have "personally seen" please, your words, not mine.
  • Options
    Someone is trying to up their LOL count.

Not very well done to be honest.

Try again.
  • Options
    To the OP I am sorry to do this but A HA HA AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAH AH HA AH HAH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Try again.

Im genuinely trying to get behind the Club, all of you are a bunch of NEGATIVE NANCYS.

We don't all hate Katrien and Roland. And I don't think these marches will prove anything.

• Options
    OAndyHunt said:

stonemuse said:

Try again.

Im genuinely trying to get behind the Club, all of you are a bunch of NEGATIVE NANCYS.

We don't all hate Katrien and Roland. And I don't think these marches will prove anything.

Oh shit, I gave him another LOL
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!