Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crofts Called Up By Wales!

Slade confirmed this in his post match waffle.

Jesus wept! Has Coleman got shit in his eyes!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Wow, do we have to pay Coleman for this as well?

What size is the squad? More than 100 people?

I've lived in Wales for 6 months, does that make me eligible? And my son?
  • Options
    There have been a few pull outs from the Wales squad, but it really shows the chasm between Wales's best players and the rest of them
  • Options
    Oldham at home was my first Charlton game in about two years. Can honestly say out of all the shit I've seen over the past 8 years or so, he was without a doubt technically the worst footballer I have ever seen.
  • Options

Amazed there's another Charlton fan in Wales! What part? Moved to Cardiff in Dec for a new role and the wife's family are here.
  • Options

Beardface said:

Amazed there's another Charlton fan in Wales! What part? Moved to Cardiff in Dec for a new role and the wife's family are here.
    You two do know that our home ground is not The Valleys don't you?
    It may as well be. They're both full of shite currently.
  • Options
    Beardface said:

Now live in westcombe park, lived in Llanelli a while back now.

Got into some trouble in Swansea because had inadvertently picked up a Llanelli accent.

Have a soft spot for Wales though, spent time in the Gower, Lleyn peninsular is one of the best places I've ever been, went to Ceredigion this year and Pembrokeshire next for holidays....

Maybe should just move to Wales.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There MUST be a Championship or Premier League Midfielder out there who has a Great-Great-Step Aunt-Grandmothers sister can be called up ahead of him?
  • Options
    He's obviously been a decent footballer, he's past it and hanging on for this, his last playing contract. Reminds me of Gower. Crofts wasn't what we needed at this time. We have Jacko filling this role, difference is he has earned the right to still be in and around the team but even that is getting a bit of a struggle now and I absolutely love the bloke.
  • Options
    With the possibility of Crofts being called up in the future, that's 4 internationals in our squad. I doubt we'll be playing in any future international breaks this season
  • Options

With the possibility of Crofts being called up in the future, that's 4 internationals in our squad. I doubt we'll be playing in any future international breaks this season

Still beggars the question... Will Sky let us cancel the Swindon game with such short notice?

Unless of course they already have a contingency plan if our game is postponed
  • Options
    What? synchronised donkey racing team?
  • Options

What? synchronised donkey racing team?

I just said that Charlton might not play against Swindon if there are International Call up so SKY wont be able to show our donkeys!! ;)
  • Options
    'Crofts through to Bale...GOAL...a hat-trick for Bale and 3 pin point, slice the defence open assists for a rejuvenated Andrew Crofts.'
  • Options
    Fingers crossed he gets injured playing for them, Slade will forced to play a different midfield.
  • Options
    This surely goes to show that managers don't watch all the players they pick. Coleman simply cannot have seen him play this season and thought he deserved a call up.

We're short of players, who can we pick? Well he's playing in league one, that's not too bad, he'll do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cafc95 said:

Oldham at home was my first Charlton game in about two years. Can honestly say out of all the shit I've seen over the past 8 years or so, he was without a doubt technically the worst footballer I have ever seen.

Lost count how many footballers people have claimed to be the worse ever.

Crofts is obviously not the worst technical player we've ever had. Obviously not.
    I still don't think he's a bad player at all in League 1, but if I'd only seen the Oldham game - I've probably be of a similar opinion to @Cafc95
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited October 2016
    Crofts, will be a back up squad player for Wales, as he should be at Charlton. Croft as a back up put into proper context the strength in depth of the Welsh squad. When Ramsey was (needlessly) suspended for the European Semi Finals, it did for Welsh chances in the tournament as there was not similar quality back up. It is the achilles heel of the Welsh team.
  • Options
    Beardface said:

It looks almost certain that I will be moving to the Penarth area next summer. Like you my wife's family are down there. I have always used the " it's too far Charlton " argument but somehow I can't make it sound so convincing these days under the current regime.
  • Options

There have been a few pull outs from the Wales squad, but it really shows the chasm between Wales's best players and the rest of them

This has always been the principality's problem .

I remember back in the day they had four World class players in Neville Southall the goalkeeper , Kevin Ratcliffe at centre-back . They also had Mark Hughes and Ian Rush up front .The rest of the team was made up of assorted journeymen .

A good example of this would be demonstrated by asking who was the cover for Hughes and Rush for a couple of seasons ?

Our own Andy Jones .
  • Options

Cafc95 said:

Lost count how many footballers people have claimed to be the worse ever.

Crofts is obviously not the worst technical player we've ever had. Obviously not.
    Was just my thoughts when watching the game. I've never really seen a professional footballer struggle to get the ball out of his feet so much.

,Why it would be impossible for a player, playing at the lowest level I've seen Charlton play at could be the worst I've ever seen is beyond me.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Beardface said:

It looks almost certain that I will be moving to the Penarth area next summer. Like you my wife's family are down there. I have always used the " it's too far Charlton " argument but somehow I can't make it sound so convincing these days under the current regime.
    Penarth is nice - close to the centre but far enough away to have its own feel. At this rate CARD & the supporters trust will have to extend the rival valley express westwards....
  • Options
    Coleman just wants to make sure England can't call him up.
  • Options
    Opened this thread to enjoy all the memes and gifs. Great work, idiots.
  • Options
    Beardface said:

Mametz said:

Beardface said:

Penarth is nice - close to the centre but far enough away to have its own feel. At this rate CARD & the supporters trust will have to extend the rival valley express westwards....
    To get the proper Charlton feel, the destination should be renamed Penarf.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Our international players

Maginnes - target man who gets put up front on his own
    Lookman - best player in the team who keeps getting dropped to the bench
    Botaka - can't get a first team game to save his life even though he has showed glimpses of what he can do.
    Crofts - who is just cack and plays every game without fail.

Slade the master tactician.