Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managerial sackings, comings and goings

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Bristol Rovers manager Darrell Clarke leaves by mutual consent.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46551125
  • Options
    I have to say they looked awful against us and have not gotten any better. He did a cracking job there and I am sure will get a chance somewhere else.
  • Options
    Feel sorry for Clarke... like Ardley he's been a victim of his own success there and was always eventually going to go as far as he could with them

Its certainly becoming harder to begrude any Manager from wanting to better themselves like Paul Hurst when he went to Ipswich because whatever happens any Manager is only X number of results from the sack
  • Options
    Jose gone.
    Caretaker til end of the season
  • Options

Jose gone.
    Caretaker til end of the season

Said to my family prior to the game on Sunday that if they lose he’ll be gone before Christmas.

Getting a caretaker in until the end of the season is brave and quite ridiculous in a way. They’re all to blame from the board down to the players. I don’t think you can solely point this on Mourinho.

They’re a shambles and completely written off their whole season now. Wouldn’t be surprised if they finished about 8th.
  • Options
    Whilst nothing should surprise me in football this does.
    Where now for Jose?
    International manager, retirement/punditry or will another big club take him?
  • Options
    iainment said:

Where now for Jose?

Next PSG or Bayern Manager perhaps whenever they decide to replace their current choices - Be nice to see him back @ Porto
  • Options

iainment said:

Where now for Jose?

Next PSG or Bayern Manager perhaps whenever they decide to replace their current choices - Be nice to see him back @ Porto
    Remember the Porto team he brought to the Valley for a friendly.
    He left 3 up when defending a corner. We didn't know what to do.

That adventurism completely gone from him now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

Where now for Jose?

Remember the Porto team he brought to the Valley for a friendly.
    He left 3 up when defending a corner. We didn't know what to do.

That adventurism completely gone from him now.
    At Man Utd he was more likely to be be 3 down defending a corner.
  • Options
    Interesting
    They approached the Guimaraes manager last week and he rejected them, now they are going for the Rio Ave manager.

Does they owner have ties in the Portuguese league
  • Options

Interesting
    They approached the Guimaraes manager last week and he rejected them, now they are going for the Rio Ave manager.

Nah their owner is from China
  • Options
    Seems to be a few clubs with Portuguese influence now.

The Katrien Meire thread has a bit about Portuguese agents, Wolves have similar and now Reading.

Plus the two super agents are Portugueses.
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday have parted company with their manager.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Sheffield Wednesday have parted company with their manager.

So last night at the FF their owner said theh were not gonna sack him and today yhey did haha
  • Options
    Rumoured to have offered Steve Bruce £2m to take charge.
  • Options

Interesting

Nah their owner is from China
    Macau?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dansk_Red said:

Knowing Katie she's offered the job to Fiona Bruce!!
    Or Bruce Forsyth.

imageimage
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

Knowing Katie she's offered the job to Fiona Bruce!!
    Or Bruce Forsyth.

imageimage
    He’s already got his celebration sorted.
  • Options
    Leicester manager Claude Puel is on the brink of being sacked after losing the support of his players. (Daily Mail)
  • Options

Leicester manager Claude Puel is on the brink of being sacked after losing the support of his players. (Daily Mail)

Wow yet only four points from sixth!!
  • Options

That really would be a bit of a joke.

The way the club, the staff, the players and Puel himself have conducted themselves since the disaster a couple of months ago, has been incredible.

If he has lost the support of the players, that would be a bit of a shock and a real shame. I hope that isn’t the case and he keeps his job.
  • Options
    Have also heard from a reliable source that Katrien has interviewed 962 people already for the job and have narrowed it down to her favourite 3. The criteria she has been looking for is:

Can the new manager pay for an all inclusive trip to Dubai for her and 3 friends?

Can the new manager work out the capacity of Hillsborough if they took away 2%?

Can the new manager put all 14 chips in their mouth at the same time?

Seems as though Steve Bruce might well be the favourite as has been suggested.
  • Options
    Sage said:

That really would be a bit of a joke.

The way the club, the staff, the players and Puel himself have conducted themselves since the disaster a couple of months ago, has been incredible.

If he has lost the support of the players, that would be a bit of a shock and a real shame. I hope that isn’t the case and he keeps his job.
    Puel is certainly a coach who has been a bit hard done by of late after being unfairly sacked by Southampton too I felt
  • Options

If I never see another Claude Puel interview it will be too soon . SPEAK UP MAN !
  • Options
    Frankie Bunn and Martin Allen sacked by Oldham and Chesterfield respectively.