Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anfernee Dijksteel & Joe Aribo

Heard that these two may be playing first team football for Charlton soon. Are they ready for the first XI?

Comments

• Options
    We will find out on Tuesday
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    It'll be good to have someone with balls of steel breaking up the opposition's play. I just hope Aribo has some sweet skills to unlock a defence.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Heard that these two may be playing first team football for Charlton soon. Are they ready for the first XI?

Going on those who regularly watch the U-23s, it sounds like Aribo at least should be in/around the first team squad. Djiksteel sounds like he's an uncomplicated holding midfielder, tidy.

I'm personally ready to see what they can do. Our central midfield desperately lacks pace and dynamism, and I think Aribo and RCC have both. It also lacks a natural defensive midfielder, which I think Djiksteel fits.

Over to @dickplumb and others with actual knowledge.
  • Options
    From the one game I've seen, Dijksteel wouldn't be out of place in the first team. Aribo is a good player but more of an attacking midfielder or a winger than a CM.
  • Options
    Surely they are network players with names like that
  • Options
  • Options
    edited October 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think they would improve the energy in midfield.
  • Options
    Or Charles cook or ba!!! It might be a good idea not to have 3 defenders on the bench each game too
  • Options
    Anfernee? Fucks sake
  • Options
    Has got balls of steel that one!!
  • Options

Anfernee? Fucks sake

He's Dutch.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Anfernee? Fucks sake

He's Dutch.

That's no excuse!!!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Oggy Red said:

Anfernee? Fucks sake

He's Dutch.

So? I wasn't commenting on his surname!
  • Options

Thanks for that little resume on Aribo, Canters.

I'll be interested to find out if he makes the match day squad for the Checkmate game.

• Options
    Slade has a perfect opportunity to put out a strong side v Crawley but with one of the young CMs in the team. See how they get on, it may just help turn around this season.

Charles-Cook or Aribo would make sense to me, given they seem to be more box to box than Dijksteel, but I don't know much about him.

Not sure about playing two together but it worked in 13/14 with Cousins and Poyet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised Kennedy hasn't had another sniff of the first team.

From reports he seems to have developed from a winger/striker into an aggressive ACM with an eye for goal.

Big step up from reserves to a struggling first time, of course but surprised he and many of the other young players have been given a go.

Yes Konsa and Lookman are in there and you won't win anything with kids but we are crying out for goals and pace from midfield.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Thanks for that little resume on Aribo, Canters.

I'll be interested to find out if he makes the match day squad for the Checkmate game.

I thought Aribo was a sweet.....
  • Options

Surprised Kennedy hasn't had another sniff of the first team.

From reports he seems to have developed from a winger/striker into an aggressive ACM with an eye for goal.

Big step up from reserves to a struggling first time, of course but surprised he and many of the other young players have been given a go.

Yes Konsa and Lookman are in there and you won't win anything with kids but we are crying out for goals and pace from midfield.

You don't win anything with midfielders who have their day!! It's a pointless cup so let's play them. Agree with Kennedy and also aherne-grant. Should be on the bench. Having 3 defenders is pointless
  • Options
    Is Aribo left footed?

I read that he was from a report from his time at Staines.
  • Options
    Kennedy has looked class in the few times I've seen him. Assumed he was out on loan seeing how he hasn't featured
  • Options
    Can't let any more yoof look too good before January or they will be the direction of Lookman and konsa, footballers for a fiver.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Is Aribo left footed?

I read that he was from a report from his time at Staines.

Yes he is all left foot.
  • Options
    Are we looking to put some players in the shop window for the January transfer window?
  • Options
    Better put Joe on a longer contract before playing him. Only given 12 months earlier this year.
  • Options
    So aribo is Scott Parker v2.0 confirmed?

Get hype.