Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FC Carl Zeiss Jena 2016-2017

Comments

• Options

Reporting for the record rather than with much enthusiasm - still defrosting after a bitterly cold and disappointing afternoon spent in the home end at Kingsmeadow.

After last week's postponement, yesterday saw FCC host one of only two matches in their division still on.

Normal service resumed - FCC 4-0 Budissa Bautzen Att : 2474

Thiele 34 (p), Bock 47, Eismann 57, Sucsuz 70

P19 W14 D3 L2 GF38 GA8 GD30+ Pts45 Still top of the table by 4 pts
  • Options

Last week's match was postponed, but today's game went ahead.

Union Furstenwalde 1-2 FCC

Sucsuz 26' Eckhardt 46'

P20 W15 D3 L2 GF40 GA9 GD31+ Pts 48 Still 4 points clear at the top
  • Options
    Last weekend -

FCC 2-0 Neustrelitz

Matthias Kühne 23' Dominik Bock 30'

P21 W16 D3 L2 GF42 GA9 GD33+ Pts 51 (still 4 pts clear of Energie Cottbus

Att: 3736

• Options

Week 24

Mar 12 BAK 07 1-3 FCC

Bock 4' Thiele 22' Erlbeck 84'

P22 W17 D3 L2 GF45 GA10 GD35+ Pts 54 Second-placed Cottbus lost at home - FCC 7 pts clear

Next match 18 Mar home to Hertha Berlin II
  • Options

From FCC's website - the first of two articles about the Germans' visit to Sint-Truiden last weekend

FCC bodies visiting Belgium

Partnership of the Supervisory Board and President with Roland Duchatelet.

FCC President Klaus Berka and the Supervisory Board of Carl Zeiss Jena under the leadership of its Chairman, Willi Obitz, took part in an invitation from Roland Duchatelet to the Belgian home of the Sint- Truiden.

The seven-member delegation from Jena with President Klaus Berka, the supervisory board members Willi Obitz, Hans-Dieter John, Ronny Schultz, Rico Tietze, Tobias Knuschke and Patrick Widera, who is responsible for the administrative tasks at the eV, took the opportunity to take part in the stadium STVV to get a comprehensive impression of the local conditions of the Belgian first division. In a 90-minute round tour in a relaxed atmosphere and under the leadership of Roland Duchatelet, the participants exchanged with their host on a wide range of topics and received a comprehensive insight into the infrastructure of the STVV.

This was followed by an informal meeting in the premises of the Stayen Stadium, where the committees and Ronald Duchatelet exchanged on a partnership basis with each other. After a joint dinner, the first game of the STVV and AS Eupen were played, in which Sint-Truiden retained the upper hand against the last very successful ascent from the German-speaking community.

On Sunday morning, the delegation from Jena naturally broke up in time to be punctual to the start of the home game of the FC Carl Zeiss Jena in the Ernst-Abbe-Sportfeld where, together with the mayor of Jena, Dr. Albrecht Schröter, the invitation of FCC coach Zimmermann were able to cheer the 2-0 against TSG Neustrelitz.

• Options

The second article. No mention of the simultaneous visit from London ....

Duchatelet: Glad over, warning of premature euphoria

Roland Duchatelet (70), a Belgian businessman and a shareholder of FC Carl Zeiss Jena for more than three years, welcomed FCC President and Supervisory Board members in Sint-Truiden last weekend.

Under the leadership of FCC President Klaus Berka and Chairman of the Supervisory Board Willi Obitz, the seven-member delegation from Jena exchanged with Roland Duchatelet on various topics.

We took the opportunity to talk about the current situation at FC Carl Zeiss Jena and his wishes for the future for the official club website with Roland Duchatelet:

The STVV, in whose stadium - the Stayen - we sit and conduct this conversation, has kept the class and remains the Belgian first division. How satisfied are you with the football club Sint-Truiden this year?

The team has a new coach and therefore the last year was also a kind of new beginning. Against this background I am satisfied with the season. Even if it could still be better, of course. No question. But we've played good football.

Good and successful football is currently also played in Jena. How close are you to the results, and how do you track the games of the FCC?

I follow the games and the results on the Internet. Luckily, all this is unproblematic nowadays. I am, of course, happy about all that has been done so far. But one must not believe too quickly that something has already been achieved. Here we have had bitter experiences over the last years. I assume that this season will be decided on the last day of the match. Here one must not look forward to early. I remember that Standard Liege had ten points ahead of the play-offs in Belgium. And yet we have not become masters. Optimism is good - but it must not elapse into premature euphoria. This is dangerous. I plead for restraint.

Then you, too, would have to be very satisfied with our coach, Mark Zimmermann, who always remains objective and brakes.

And that's good. Ultimately, those who are publicly euphoric and call for climbs are never the ones who have to do it alongside or on the square. Please do not misunderstand: I am glad about the provided and would like me like every fan also tremendously to Jena if we were up to the end up. But by then it is a very long way.

Where do you come from, where does your interest in soccer come from?

When I was a young guy, I played football myself - as my father played football. However, my father said that football was too dangerous for me because of the risk of injury. I then stopped at the age of 16 and committed myself to athletics.

Are you looking at the matches of the FC Carl Zeiss Jena completely? Do you send DVDs, or how do you imagine that?

Football is not my main activity. That's why the football can not be anything to do with. I could not afford to do that, even if I wanted to. Those who make decisions in the clubs and do the daily work are others - not Roland Duchatelet. That is why I am always amazed when I hear that I would interfere with the club's daily business. This is definitely not so. I am not someone who interferes in daily decisions. But, of course, I keep up-to-date with the current situation in the club and its surroundings. And of course I'm interested in football. Football has such a high social, social and also municipal importance as never before.

They recently celebrated their 70th birthday, have been a shareholder of FC Carl Zeiss Jena for three years. What is particularly important to you during the next few years at FC Carl Zeiss Jena?

It is important to me that FC Carl Zeiss Jena is placed in the position that the future of the club depends not only on Roland Duchatelet. The FCC must be set up in such a way that it would also be able to succeed with a healthy sponsor base on the ground.

In Belgium, you are not only a well-known business man, but also a political figure - you were also a member of the Belgian Senate. Are you still politically active?

No, I'm not - but of course it does not mean I'm apolitical. I am very interested in economics and in general for the events in the world. All of this concerns me very much, especially since I consider what is going on at the moment is not safe and triggers a certain discomfort with me.

"Discomfort": It is no secret that cooperation between you and the club committees has not been conflict-free in recent years and the atmosphere has been rather difficult. Would the fact of the joint visit of the bodies in Sint-Truiden be a clear sign of relaxation?

And that's how it is. With the new committees everything is in order. And the visit is a testament to this normality, which has once again come into contact with one another.

If we sit together in five years, what do you think FC Carl Zeiss Jena will look like?

The most important thing for the club, its fans and the city is that the team successfully plays football. But it is also important that the club is a place where you can meet people of different ages and social backgrounds. This is certainly already so, but could be much more intense. However, a more modern infrastructure is needed. A new stadium, which is clearly ahead of the game and in which one would be happy even after the end of the game, would surely raise the club in this direction to a different level. I find the place, the paradise, where the stadium is located, very good - dreamlike even. When I heard about the fact that it was thought about realizing a new stadium (Lobeda, editor's note) , my first reaction, That this should by no means happen. The stadium is in the middle of a great park, not far from the center of the city - that is wonderful! And I'm glad for the club and its fans that it stays there. (AT)

• Options
    Are you East Kent Addicks in disguise?
  • Options

In the land of the 50+1 rule it's remarkable what an "investor" can get away with. FCC have clearly still got a lot of time for RD, especially now that the Ultras have been sweetened up ....
  • Options
    First time I have seen him mention his earliest experience with football. Gave up at 16 and concentrated on athletics, he says. Hmm.
  • Options

Week 25 - Mar18

FCC 2-2 Hertha Berlin II Att: 3407

Sören Eismann 33' and 90'

P23 W17 D4 L2 GF47 GA12 GD35+ Pts 55 2nd-placed Cottbus play tomorrow

FCC play at Cottbus on April 2 - already over 1000 tickets sold for the away end
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Week 25 - Mar18

FCC play at Cottbus on April 2 - already over 1000 tickets sold for the away end

You fancy it, Alan? :-)

• Options

Week 25 - Mar18

You fancy it, Alan? :-)

I'd really like to go, Richard, but a few things to sort out first. Will keep you posted.
  • Options
    Played 22 Mar after wk 19 postponement

Auerbach 0-1 FCC Att: 1310 (approx 400 FCC)

Florian Dietz 25' All parties agreed - a very lucky win

P24 W18 D4 L2 GF48 GA12 GD36+ Pts58 8 pts clear of 2nd placed Cottbus

Next match SV Babelsberg (a) 26 Mar

In Dortmund on Wednesday German opinion considered that if FCC escape the 4th tier (not easy - they can romp their own league but must still go through play-offs) RD will be in a strong position. If FCC fail, however, things will be rather more uncertain. May be more news on the new Stadium soon, especially if promotion is achieved.
  • Options
    So 10 games still to go, followed by a 2-leg play-off in late May, to determine whether they get promoted (assuming they finish top).

Zwickau , also from the Nordost, got promoted via that route last season and are mid-table in 3. Liga. RD would do a celebratory jive to that.
  • Options

This afternoon

SV Babelsberg 1-1 FCC

Bedi Bastien Buval 88' pen - sounds like another close shave

P25 W18 D5 L2 GF49 GA13 GD36+ Pts59

Energie Cottbus in 2nd place did not play - 9 points behind, with a game in hand

Next match - Apr 2 Cottbus away !! Sadly, Richard, I can't make it, but there will be no shortage of support for FCC - over 1000 fans already booked.

Fact : Buval has played in Denmark, Greece, Poland, Portugal, Turkey, Albania and now Germany ....
  • Options

On Sunday afternoon

2nd in the table Energie Cottbus 3-1 FCC Att: a remarkable 13290 (almost 2500 from Jena)

Matthias Kühne 13' (0-1)

A real or imagined sense of grievance infected the home team with a tremendous aggression which intimidated the young referee. FCC given little but scraps.

P26 W18 D5 L3 GF50 GA 16 GD34+ Pts 59 5 pts clear
  • Options

On Sunday afternoon - a comfortable and deserved win, despite a number of enforced changes to the team

FCC 3-0 Luckenwalde Att : 4347

Maximilian Wolfram 28 Bedi Buval 62 Timmy Thiele 72

P27 W19 D5 L3 GF53 GA16 GD37+ Pts62 Second-placed Cottbus drew 1-1 so FCC now 7 pts clear

Next up : Wacker Nordhausen away - Thurs evening 13th
  • Options

On Sunday afternoon - a comfortable and deserved win, despite a number of enforced changes to the team

FCC 3-0 Luckenwalde Att : 4347

Maximilian Wolfram 28 Bedi Buval 62 Timmy Thiele 72

P27 W19 D5 L3 GF53 GA16 GD37+ Pts62 Second-placed Cottbus drew 1-1 so FCC now 7 pts clear

Next up : Wacker Nordhausen away - Thurs evening 13th

Enforced changes? They didn't all turn up at the Valley this morning ready for their trials, did they?
  • Options
    If FCC stays clear at the top they will play the champion of the Western Divison for promotion. Victoria Cologne are 5 points in front of Gladbach II and Dortmund II at the moment. The matches will be played Sunday May 28th and Wednesday May 31st and FCC playing first away.
  • Options
    On Thursday evening

FC Wacker Nordhausen 2-4 FCC Att: 1722 (approx 700 Jenaites)

Thiele 24' Thiele 35' Gerlach 44' Wolfram 80'

A tremendous game. After being stunned by an early goal FCC scored the next three. Once the home team came back to 2-3 (52') it became a real contest, fortunately finishing in FCC's favour after they scored the match's sixth and decisive goal. FCC's coach - "A champion's performance".

Cottbus won 6-1(h) against lowly opponents and remain 7 points adrift with 6 matches to play. FCC's likely play-off opponents Viktoria Köln won 5-0 (h) and are well clear in their league.

Next match 19 Apr - FC Oberlausitz (h)

RD watch - from FCC's website 10 Apr
    Following their pilgrimage to Sint-Truiden on Mar 4 (sounds familiar), members of FCC's Supervisory Board again travelled to Belgium last weekend to touch base with Mr D. Apparently his commitment to FCC remains as staunch as ever, although it is not understood (by me) why it was felt necessary to travel again to S-T for such re-assurance only five weeks after their previous visit. Anxious flies testing the strength of the spider's web, perhaps? A priceless quote from the great man -
    "I follow all the games and of course know the results very precisely. I like the fans as well, of course. But one must also not too quickly believe to have already achieved something. It is perfectly true if our coach does not accept the congratulations yet. It has not been decided yet. "
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It would be thoroughly tasteless to say it and I wouldn't dream of suggesting that these (supposedly independent) board members were only getting more orders to obey.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Earlier this evening - Apr 19 : matchday 29

FCC 3-1 FC Oberlausitz att : 3619

Wolfram 14' Thiele 18' Kühne 83''

FCC now on 68 points - with second-placed Energie Cottbus only drawing 1-1, FCC are now 9 points clear (plus well superior goal difference) with only 5 matches to play.

Next match Lokomotive Leipzig (a) 23 Apr

• Options

This afternoon - matchday 30

Lokomotive Leipzig 1-2 FCC att 4107 (approx 1200 from Jena)

Buval 5' Tuma 41' Another tough game and a fiery last 20 mins or so, with cards aplenty

Again Cottbus only drew 1-1, leaving FCC 11 points clear and able to take the championship in their next game (home to RB Leipzig II on Fri night 28th)

FCC's almost-certain play-off opponents Viktoria Köln are also 11 points clear and going well, with their latest three games won 5-1 (a), 4-0 (a) and 5-0 (h).
  • Options

Madhouse scenes in Jena this evening as FCC secure the Championship. Three matches still remain but Jena cannot be caught. In the play-offs they will face tough opposition in Viktoria Köln.

FCC dominated at home to RB Leipzig II but conceded in the 51st minute. It was not until stoppage time that Bedi Buval finally produced the equaliser. At the same juncture in their match away to Babelsberg, Cottbus fell behind 2-1 and are now 12 points adrift.

Att 5613

Gratulieren !!
  • Options

FCC's play-off opponents now confirmed as Viktoria Köln. Another 5-1 win today - against the team in fourth - means that VK cannot be caught. Their last four games 5-0, 4-0, 5-1 and 5-1.
  • Options

Matchday 33 - earlier today

FC Schönberg 2-1 FCC

After their furthest away match of the season - a round-trip of around a thousand km - the champions fell to a surprising defeat, their solitary goal a Timmy Thiele stoppage-time consolation.

However, their play-off opponents Viktoria Köln, in rampant form of late, also unexpectedly lost, going down 3-2 at bottom club Sprockhövel.

Play-off dates now May 28 at Viktoria and June 1 in Jena.
  • Options

FCC 0-2 Viktoria Berlin

The last regular season home match, and an all-round off day produced a second successive defeat. Play-off opponents Viktoria Köln recovered from last week's shock loss to the bottom club with a sound 4-0 home win. Both champions currently stand on 72 points from 33 matches - goals for/against FCC 64/25, VK 91/40.

Today FCC drew 4295 spectators (stadium capacity 13990) and VK had 665 (capacity 6214). For the away leg FCC have sold out their allocation of 2000 tickets and are hoping to get a thousand more. Tickets for the home leg already stood at 9000 sold before going on general sale this morning. Plans are being made to increase the stadium capacity - for major cup-ties in recent years they have managed to squeeze in 19000+. Matches are on May 28 (VK) and June 1 (FCC).
  • Options

Game week 34 - the regular season's finale this afternoon

BFC Dynamo 0-4 FCC Att: 1220 (around 300 FCC)

Sucsuz 5' Thiele 26' Starke 74' Thiele 79'

A comfortable last day, with four excellent goals. FCC's play-off opponents Viktoria Köln lost 2-0 away to Bonner SC - three of their last four games (one a cup match) have produced defeats. (FCC D-L-L-W.)
  • Options

The start of a big weekend for FCC. Tomorrow afternoon they face Viktoria Köln in the first leg of the play-off for promotion to the third tier.

After a final training session this morning, the full squad minus only one long-term absentee will be making the 250-mile trip to Cologne. FCC's initial allocation of 2000 tickets, soon boosted to 3200, was quickly sold out and there are sure to be many Jenaers in the home areas as well.

A tough game is expected - FCC will show their rivals "respect but not reverence". One notable opponent will be VK's 29-goal Mike Wunderlich.

Thursday's return leg was long-ago sold out. Despite extra seating capacity has been limited to 13200.

COYF !!
  • Options

Early advantage in the tie to FCC, 3-2 winners in Cologne !!

Before a crowd of 6241 (around 4000 from Jena) FCC took a 3-0 lead with two superb goals from Thiele (21 and 67 mins) and Sucsuz (27 mins), before VK pulled two late goals back.

For Thursday's return each team will have important absentees. FCC's Thiele sustained what could well be a serious injury, whilst VK's 30-goal Wunderlich was red-carded in stoppage time.

VK had their moments but FCC's powerful and convincing performance leaves them in an excellent position for the return leg.