Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alou Diarra - L'equipe (ed. Feb 18 - back training with Charlton)

Comments

• Options
    sammy391 said:

Great pro, but couldn’t/didn’t play many games the last few months he was with us so highly doubtful he could now - especially after areound 5+ months out

He had a fractured foot and I want to say he played just about every game in the run in the year we were relegated.

I think he's one of the best players I've seen in a Charlton shirt. His pace went long ago, whatever pace he had, so that's not a concern for signing him, it's more about fitness. But when we originally signed him he hadn't played in months and he came in.

I'd love to have him back in any capacity. When he was here I remember a lot of players saying he brought a classiness to training. I think he's going to be a really good coach so the closer we can keep him to us, the better. Whatever role he's up for, I'm up for giving him a chance. I think he's a far better option to come in and shut up shop than Jackson is at this point, plus not having Jackson on the bench means he can just focus on coaching.

• Options
    sent in by the new French owners on a spying mission
  • Options

Can’t see him playing to much, but what a fantastic player to have back at the clubs, great role model for the young pro’s, next manager?

I personally rate his potential as a coach higher than Jackson's based on their careers as players, but that's wholly dependent on if he's interested. Obviously he's played at the highest levels of the game, but his reading of the game was excellent. He's a player where I can't really remember him ever sprinting, and yet so often he was in the right place at the right time. Now, being a good player does not translate to being a good coach, but he certainly has a wonderful footballing brain.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Can’t see him playing to much, but what a fantastic player to have back at the clubs, great role model for the young pro’s, next manager?

I personally rate his potential as a coach higher than Jackson's based on their careers as players, but that's wholly dependent on if he's interested. Obviously he's played at the highest levels of the game, but his reading of the game was excellent. He's a player where I can't really remember him ever sprinting, and yet so often he was in the right place at the right time. Now, being a good player does not translate to being a good coach, but he certainly has a wonderful footballing brain.
    By that logic Robinson won't be a good coach based on his playing career : - )
  • Options
    Younger than John Terry ...

From the Telegraph ... Terry and Villa have a mutual option to trigger another 12 months to his current £60,000-a-week contract.

Terry turned 37 in December and his impact at Villa has been significant. Terry missed two-and-a-half months of the season with Villa after suffering a broken metatarsal in November but since his return Villa have racked up five Championship victories in a row.

Villa are now second in the Championship after the 2-0 win over rivals Birmingham on Sunday,
  • Options
    Give him a 5 year contract!
  • Options
    He deserves to be back just for that goal against Smallwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As someone said on the twitter replies - He's not the trialist who was on the bench yesterday was he?

@bolloxbolder you were at the Stoke game weren't you?

Didn't see the trialist as on other side of the pitch. He certainly didn't come on.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

SDAddick said:

By that logic Robinson won't be a good coach based on his playing career : - )
    Right and there's the brilliant Arigo Sacchi line when asked if he could be a good coach without being a player "I didn't know you had to be a horse first in order to be a jockey."
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Wasted on us. The mickey mouser will play him up front from the subs bench on 94 mins...
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Think people are getting carried away and reading too much into this, seems we are just doing an ex player a favour with fitness & training.
    Would like to be proved wrong though, even at his age,his experience and class would do a fine job off the bench if required.

It’s possible that we are just doing him a favour but I’m sure half the clubs in France where he lives could do that. It’s odd that he’s with us if we are not taking a look at him and he us.

• Options
    edited February 2018

iamdan said:

That finish v Millwall though..

Shame the ref had already ruined the game with that Red Card to Solly for a non Handball,
    I went into the game so confident and still think if we had 11 men we would have won
    I had £50 on us to win that day @3/1. Went to cash out in the 80th min, but it was suspended.... in true Charlton fashion we conceded at that very second. Then my misery was compounded by us actually losing the game.

Brilliant goal from Diarra - a real class act.
  • Options

Katrien's not here any longer, doncha know?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Is he going to sign for Sheffield Wednesday then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He might even sign for us ..... but it won't be a 5 year contract, that's for sure! :smile:

• Options
    I welcome him back and have to say it’s about one of the only positive things to come out the RD era. In as much as I’m surprised at his affection for us given the shambles we’ve been in during his time with us
  • Options

Absolute class. Wipes the floor with JFC.

JFC has been comfortably my player of the season so far
    What's the matter with Dasilva then , player more games too!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Knowing our luck, Meire is the Belgian branch of the Muir family!
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Knowing our luck, Meire is the Belgian branch of the Muir family!
    Katrien Muir ....?

Oh, NO!

• Options
    Better than Sarr and Lennon
  • Options
    I’d love Diarra to come back. Would be a big asset.
  • Options
    Class personified. Sort of professional you want around your Football Club. Be a superb asset for the youngsters to have around and learn from.
  • Options
    Rob said:

I’d love Diarra to come back. Would be a big asset.

D'accord.
    Football brain, great 1st touch, vision, can pick a pass, football intelligence, strong and composed.
    Proper footballer.

• Options
    Would be a good player to bring back, both on and off the pitch.