Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Madrid - Things to do for a weekend break

2»

Comments

• Options

My first stalker!

I was only joking babe
  • Options
    Get the train to Barcelona!! No comparison between the two.
  • Options
    is it easy enough to get from the airport to centre of town @CharltonMadrid ?
  • Options
    Get the metro. You might have to change once, depending where you are going. One thing, it can be a very (very!) long walk from the airport gate to the bus/metro, so be prepared.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Metro is reliable, quick and clean and costs €5 to the centre (or a €3 upgrade on a ten ticket travel pass which costs 12.20 - well worth getting for using metro and bus in the city and you can share it till ten trips are used).

Where are you staying? I could tell you how many changes and route. Would be one or two changes from airport and probably take around 40 minutes. It is true that it is a bit of a trek from arrivals to the metro entrance at the airport though.

There is also the airport - city bus which is €5 and drops off at a couple of central places (Cibeles and Atocha) so depending on where you are staying this is a good option.

There is a fixed price of €30 for a taxi to anywhere from the airport which is a good option for convenience as well to take you right to the hotel with luggage.

So, between those options it is very easy. Let me know if you need info on anything else.

PS - it's much better than the tourist theme park that is Barcelona here :)
  • Options
    They do an express train to Alicante.
    Takes approx 2 hours.
    You could be in Benidorm in 2.5 hours, without a bloody art gallery or museum in sight.
  • Options
    Tapas in Madrid much nicer than fry ups in Benidorm though!
  • Options
    edited September 2016

cafc4life said:

Metro is reliable, quick and clean and costs €5 to the centre (or a €3 upgrade on a ten ticket travel pass which costs 12.20 - well worth getting for using metro and bus in the city and you can share it till ten trips are used).

Where are you staying? I could tell you how many changes and route. Would be one or two changes from airport and probably take around 40 minutes. It is true that it is a bit of a trek from arrivals to the metro entrance at the airport though.

There is also the airport - city bus which is €5 and drops off at a couple of central places (Cibeles and Atocha) so depending on where you are staying this is a good option.

There is a fixed price of €30 for a taxi to anywhere from the airport which is a good option for convenience as well to take you right to the hotel with luggage.

So, between those options it is very easy. Let me know if you need info on anything else.

PS - it's much better than the tourist theme park that is Barcelona here :)
    The hotel im staying in is called Catalonia Puerta del sol @CharltonMadrid
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    If you are arriving at Terminal 4 there is a special train called the cercanias which goes straight to Sol metro, close to your hotel.

Or from terminals 1-3 you would take line 8 to Nuevos Ministerios then the line 10 (dark blue) to Plaza de España then line 3 (yellow) to Sol.

From Sol it would be about a ten minute walk. Might be best, especially with luggage and for convenience, to get in a taxi. They are lined up right outside departures and you just give them the hotel and address. If they ask you for more than €30 ask for a receipt/recibo and they will know not to rip you off. Never happens though since this has been clamped down on in recent years.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Nearly time for me to go, off next friday, whats the weather like at the moment @CharltonMadrid ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely freezing at moment in morning but warming up during day. Very sunny though!
  • Options
    nice one
  • Options
    got to do the Prado if you're a 'old master man' .. else there are far more interesting cities in Spain, especially in Andalucia .. BUT when in Rome Madrid ... enjoy ((:>)
  • Options
    @CharltonMadrid had an absolute mare trying to get match tickets off real madrids website today.Kept saying error when i put card details in and my bank have confirmed the problem is there end not mine.Wheres the best place to get match tickets from mate once in Madrid do you know and whats the likelihood of them being available
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

@CharltonMadrid had an absolute mare trying to get match tickets off real madrids website today.Kept saying error when i put card details in and my bank have confirmed the problem is there end not mine.Wheres the best place to get match tickets from mate once in Madrid do you know and whats the likelihood of them being available

Went to three games in Spain last September and bought tickets online. Valencia website worked fine straight away, Sevilla website wouldn't work with any card despite about 20 attempts - ended up paying Viagogo about £15 extra for a worse seat, and Real Madrid I had the same problem as you, but kept trying over the course of a week, and eventually it went through. Really annoying though. Sociedad game won't sell out - I'd go in person when you get to Madrid. Maybe take a print of what you've been trying to book. Real must sell tons of tickets to UK customers, hard to believe they've not done something about this yet.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

cafc4life said:

Went to three games in Spain last September and bought tickets online. Valencia website worked fine straight away, Sevilla website wouldn't work with any card despite about 20 attempts - ended up paying Viagogo about £15 extra for a worse seat, and Real Madrid I had the same problem as you, but kept trying over the course of a week, and eventually it went through. Really annoying though. Sociedad game won't sell out - I'd go in person when you get to Madrid. Maybe take a print of what you've been trying to book. Real must sell tons of tickets to UK customers, hard to believe they've not done something about this yet.
    thanks Mate, absolute stress this morning.My girlfriend has tried on her computer too and gets the same message.absolute ballache
  • Options
    @cafc4life If you turn up on the morning of the game, they usually sell tickets then (don't buy from a tout, go to a window).
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

@cafc4life If you turn up on the morning of the game, they usually sell tickets then (don't buy from a tout, go to a window).

Managed to get them in the end, read an article on trip advisor about someone who has the same problem so changed his country of origin to spain and postcode to the hotel he was staying and it went through fine so we've done that,Thanks for your help @Pedro45
  • Options
    I also reckon the stadium in the morning will be your best bet. Doubt it will sell out. All the best for your time here!
  • Options
    Ah - see you got it sorted already! Enjoy the tapas :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    By the way, the metro line that serves the airport has started some maintenance work this week so it is not operating. There is probably some sort of replacement bus but you might be just as well to get a taxi to your hotel unless you want to use the cercanias line from T4 to Sol.
  • Options

Absolutely freezing at moment in morning but warming up during day. Very sunny though!

What's the current temp out there @CharltonMadrid? Due out on Giovedi. Know a little Spanish, but more Italian. If I just speak Iti well they understand me much? :smiley:
  • Options
    Getting pretty warm again during day though mornings are still pretty cold. There are a couple of days of rain forecast but hopefully better by the weekend. You'll be fine with English but a bit of Spanish will definitely help!
  • Options

Message me closer to the time about tickets and anything else you need

He will need you as his fluffer for the weekend