Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alcorcon season 2017/18 from page 4

Comments

• Options
    Three nil win and stayed up on the last day!
  • Options
    What was the crowd CM?
  • Options
    Paper today says 4262 - bit higher than normal but still low for such a big game. Maybe another year in the second division will see some growth in interest.
  • Options
    Glad they stayed up - hate to think that Roland would have another failure on his hands...
  • Options
    any 2017-2018 thread?
    i notice they seem to be doing quite well so far.
  • Options

I'm afraid I lost much of my interest when Marko Dmitrovic was transferred in the summer to Eibar.
  • Options

I'm afraid I lost much of my interest when Marko Dmitrovic was transferred in the summer to Eibar.

So Charlton have been looking for a keeper all summer, yet a guy we let go on a free last year is deemed good enough to be starting against Lionel Messi tonight? Righto. (I know they are 3-0 down, before anyone says it)
  • Options
    Make that 5-1 down. Messi has a hat-trick. Dmitrovic (and Eibar as a whole) struggling to cope.
  • Options
    Looks like CM had a bit of a spat on the Article 50 thread in August and has left the asylum.
    Its a shame CM, I used to enjoy your updates from a Madrid perspective.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just kicked off away to Tenerife with a chance of going top with a win. Unbeaten after first five games in a competitive league with one of the smallest budgets of all teams there. Because of or in spite of RD's involvement still not clear though.
  • Options
    ...lost four nil.
  • Options
    @CharltonMadrid

What's the story on Eibar, where Marko has gone? Somebody on here was quite sniffy about them making out they were a village team. Still found €1m in the haystack for a keeper though....
  • Options
    Eibar are a tiny team but with big financial backing. Succesive promotions a few years ago put them in La Liga - historically they fluctuated between the second and third level. Typical tough Basque team that like to stick it to the overpaid dandies. For me the fact that they have such success and a loyal following despite being right in between Basque powerhouses Real Sociedad and Athletic Bilbao is the most impressive thing.

Struggling this season though already. Over the last years they have tended to start well before falling off midway (sound familiar?). Poor start this season could cost them.
  • Options
    Who do they have the financial backing from CM?
  • Options
    I think they are backed by the local council and businessmen rather than a main benefactor. It's an impressive story and below is a good write-up on them:

Eibar's remarkable journey takes them to the edge of Europe

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/01/eibars-remarkable-journey-takes-them-to-the-edge-of-europe?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

How can I change the title of this thread to reflect the new season? Good to be back on here and pleased to see there is an interest in Spanish football besides the big teams.
  • Options
    Another loss today, this time at home 1-2 against relegated Granada who are doing better after the Tony Adams debacle.
  • Options
    Lost again last week (three in a row) so the early season promise has turned into what looks like another relegation battle. Now just one place above the relegation places and away today to Real Valladolid, who could go top with a win.

Could a moderator change the title of this thread to the current season?
  • Options

Lost again last week (three in a row) so the early season promise has turned into what looks like another relegation battle. Now just one place above the relegation places and away today to Real Valladolid, who could go top with a win.

Could a moderator change the title of this thread to the current season?

@cabbles

What I don't get is a Roland team starting well then falling away.
  • Options
    Planning to go to Malaga v Leganes on Sunday. Just checked the league table. I had no idea Malaga were rock bottom without a win this season!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lost four nil yesterday, fourth defeat in a row. I have really cursed them since I resurrected this thread!
  • Options

Lost four nil yesterday, fourth defeat in a row. I have really cursed them since I resurrected this thread!

Definitely not your fault mate.

Where there's blame, there's a claim Roland Duchatelet.
  • Options
    Home tonight to Lugo and currently nil nil. Alcorcon on an awful run and need a win tonight to get out of the relegation places. Will update on the score later for keen Alcorcon watchers.
  • Options
    Conceded in injury time to lose one nil - fifth defeat in a row and now in 20th place. Desperate times for Alcorcon and the third level, the regionalised Segunda B, looks very possible.
  • Options

Conceded in injury time to lose one nil - fifth defeat in a row and now in 20th place. Desperate times for Alcorcon and the third level, the regionalised Segunda B, looks very possible.

Cheers CM - long way left in season. But sounds like a typical RD team.
  • Options
    Three nil away win Gimnastic Tarragona to climb out of the relegation places.
  • Options
    Two nil home win today against Real Oviedo, and now back up to mid-table in a very tight league.
  • Options
    Playing away tonight to Numancia if anyone is desperate for a bit of Friday night streaming/ live score updating action. Will post the result for those keen watchers of our distant Spanish cousins.
  • Options
    One nil loss: after a couple of decent results will put them back in lower half of table after this weekend's games. Still plan to get down there at some point this year.
  • Options
    Alcorcon, currently in 18th place, away today to 3rd place Osasuna. Form would suggest it's going to be a tough afternoon for the men in yellow.