Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alcorcon season 2017/18 from page 4

Comments

• Options
    I sort of follow Alcorcon from here in Catalunya, but I don't much like their owner. I have a soft spot for Girona and Rayo in the second division, and a loathing for Zaragoza - I've been a couple of times and they have nasty element there.
  • Options
    Rayo are a great team to follow: I go a bit and the fans are amazing. I have a bit of a soft spot for Sporting Gijon after going on their stadium tour last year. Since my fourth division team (Puerta Bonita) got relegated last year and then went out of business I have been without a regular team to follow, or at least distract me from Charlton.
  • Options
    Should be a good draw for Alcorcon in the quarters. Either:

Barcelona
    Atletico Madrid
    Real Sociedad
    Celta Vigo
    Alaves
    Eibar
    Real Madrid or Sevilla (second leg tonight; Real 3-0 in first leg).
  • Options
    Drawn against Alaves: not the glamour draw it could have been.
  • Options
    Aaargh. Could have been Alcorcon-Deportivo. Still, Alaves are a potentially winnable tie, but they will obviously thinking the same thing.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Alcorcon lost 0-2 at home in the first leg; 2nd leg on Tue 24 Jan. 2 goals in the 90th minute and stoppage time.

There was a certain amount of positive publicity about the Duchatelet regime beforehand, naturally.
  • Options

Drawn against Alaves: not the glamour draw it could have been.

Blimey they really do have the Charlton element about them when it comes to Cup draws!!
  • Options
    Impressive one nil win away against Huesca yesterday after the calamitous end to the Copa del Rey quarterfinal first leg midweek. They will need a miracle to progress in that, but yesterday's league win pulls them a bit further away from the relegation places.
  • Options
    Second leg tonight and RD will be praying for a milagro, if he is following the team at all.
  • Options

Second leg tonight and RD will be praying for a milagro, if he is following the team at all.

On a live stream
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No goals, no miracles. 0-0
  • Options
    Beat league leaders Levante 2-0 at home tonight to move up to mid-table.
  • Options
    Poor recent run and yesterday conceded in last minute yesterday to lose 1-0 away to Cordoba. Now 15th and only three points above relegation places. Last part of the season looking grim for Alcorcon and their perennially absent owner.
  • Options

Poor recent run and yesterday conceded in last minute yesterday to lose 1-0 away to Cordoba. Now 15th and only three points above relegation places. Last part of the season looking grim for Alcorcon and their perennially absent owner.

Any anti Roland sentiment visibly expressed?
  • Options
    Not much specifically against him but a lot of anti-management and players feeling generally on the message board. RD did manage to get a big feature recently in the national press though:

http://www.elmundo.es/loc/2017/01/18/587f86d4ca4741f3588b45bb.html
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    The last part is quite interesting: one of his priorities has seemingly been to expand the profile of the Alcorcon womens team as part of his equal rights plan.

Other than that, it is pretty standard biography though the headline describes him as 'hiding' behind Alcorcon.
  • Options
    Another crap result yesterday: 0-0 at home to Sevilla Atletico in front of a meagre 2,189 fans. Alcorcon currently 15th but most of their rivals playing today so could drop into relegation places later.
  • Options
    I would suggest the next anti RD protest in Madrid but I don't think he would notice what is going on in Alcorcon...
  • Options
    Ferry to Bilbao and then a drive for The 2percent and their equipment?
  • Options
    Another home loss yesterday, 1-2-against Valladolid in front of 2589 fans to drop down to 17th. Now only one point above the relegation places after seven games without a win. No sign of RD in Madrid despite the lovely weather here :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One nil home win tonight against Mallorca for those of you waiting in anticipation for the latest Alcorcon update.
  • Options
    Two nil home loss today against Cadiz means that relegation is now very likely with four games left. Levante won yesterday to secure promotion back to the Primera Liga at the first attempt.
  • Options
    Beat Oviedo on Friday night and now have five games left. Currently 20th out of 22 but it's very close with only six points separating the teams from 11th to 20th.

Win for Girona yesterday puts them closer to joining Levante for automatic promotion.
  • Options
    How many go down, CM ?
  • Options
    Four go down and only Mirandes in last place look stranded.
  • Options
    25 goals in 37 games. Must be a fun place to watch football.
  • Options
    Another win at the weekend, this time over fellow Madrid team Rayo Vallecano (who were relegated from La Liga last year), keeps Alcorcon just above the relegation zone with just four games left.

Am going to try to get to one of the last two home games of the season and see what the fans have made of this difficult campaign.
  • Options
    Lost 3-1 at home to Tenerife yesterday and have now dropped into relegation zone with just two games left...
  • Options
    Need to win tonight in last game to have a chance of staying up. Was thinking of going but decided that there are better things to do in Madrid on a Saturday night!