Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No ball boys?

Ummmmm.... No ball boys tonight

Is that normal for a night game? Or cost-cutting from Roland and Nightmeire?

Comments

• Options
    Which Valley were you at mate?
  • Options
    They resigned, ill health
  • Options
    Undisclosed.
  • Options
    Was only one in the East.
  • Options

they all refused to sign their ABC's

Always Ball Collecting
  • Options
    Katrien said she would come in early and do it before the match
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not many pitch-side gate stewards either.
  • Options
    Hex said:

Not many fans to control.

However seriously if attendances like this continue we will need more ball boys not less. I too noticed how slow the ball was returned from certain remote areas of the ground. Yes some areas are looking remote
  • Options
    Ball boy's sourced from the Academy.

May have been a shortage of volunteers for Shrewsbury on a Tuesday night....
  • Options
    Many years' ago I -as a match-day Junior Reds volunteer - used to organise the ball boys. Only proviso was the boys (or girls) had to be Junior Reds. Believe me there were no shortages of willing youngsters. Also it didn't cost the club a penny and there were at least 10 for every game. No idea why there are so few now.
  • Options
    Normal ball boys were training but you will find they are made too as most nearly all couldn't give a fig about the first team especially in this league!! They had to ask my son (Ex academy and 100%CAFC) who was watching from the stand to ball boy the covered end!!!
  • Options

They had to ask my son (Ex academy and 100%CAFC) who was watching from the stand to ball boy the covered end!!!

So Alfie has left the Academy ?
  • Options

Hex said:

Not many fans to control.

However seriously if attendances like this continue we will need more ball boys not less. I too noticed how slow the ball was returned from certain remote areas of the ground. Yes some areas are looking remote
    Perhaps the netting for the Burnley game in May wasn't to stop missiles but a practice to stop time wasting this season when the ball is kicked into one of the many unoccupied areas at the Valley.
  • Options
    Another great example of how to run a professional football club.
  • Options
    probably needed for rolands chimney sweep network