Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New seat new experience

So after spending the last 18 years up in the west upper in the same seat, me and a fellow fan decided to move to the lower north. Not just for the cheaper seat but hoping for a better atmosphere, I was a little nervous at first thinking we would be stuck next to a load of morons but it turned out OK, the guys around us seemed to be in good spirits and supporting the team, I look forward to spending the season around them. My question is, has anyone else moved seat and after today thought, my god what have I done!?

Comments

• Options
    There's no legroom in the lower north. I know because I used to sit there.
  • Options
    'a load of morons'?

Well ok, there are some.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

How tall are you ? Seemed OK to me and I'm 6ft 1in tall, unless I'm in a row that's exceptional
  • Options

Off_it said:

How tall are you ? Seemed OK to me and I'm 6ft 1in tall, unless I'm in a row that's exceptional
    6ft 3.

Some seats are better than others, but generally it's pretty poor.

• Options

It was.

One of us shouted out and about a dozen people turned round and stared

What did you shout though??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It was.

One of us shouted out and about a dozen people turned round and stared</blockquote

I had some riff-raff shouting at me at half time.

I tried to ignore them but I think it was @wss and @afkabartram

• Options
    Sat in the Family stand in NEQ , used to sit in NWQ and it was no real difference, although the sun was in my eyes for a bit , thought the drummer had a decent game

In the bogs there were pictures of the "LIAR" banner and they have a sweet shop there which was being used far too much for my liking
  • Options

Was in the East

Absolutely no idea how anyone can get any pleasure whatsoever sitting so quietly and verbally disengaged in a game of football.

Weird. Unique

Sorry, AFKA.

I'll turn up my volume next time.

• Options
    Glutton.

You should try listening to it in your armchair.
  • Options

It was.

One of us shouted out and about a dozen people turned round and stared

Dan, I have to say that since relegation(s) the East Stand atmosphere has really died. When full it could create some real noise, warmth and togetherness but pricing, our general shiteness and being one large space has really had a negative impact on the experience in there. The grounds best view I think though.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Expecting to get shouted down for this but fuck it. My first game at the Valley since the Leeds game. Probably the best atmosphere I've experienced at the Valley for a number of seasons. I'm not one to pick on our own but if this protest means that some who go just to shout abuse at the players are staying away then good riddance.

Don't worry I'm back Tuesday evening, so normal service will be resumed :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Was in the East

Absolutely no idea how anyone can get any pleasure whatsoever sitting so quietly and verbally disengaged in a game of football.

Weird. Unique

Because all the noisy fans have boycotted ;)
  • Options
    I've moved apartments since the end of last season.

My new sofa is MUCH comfier.
  • Options
    Had a season ticket in the Lower West, right next to the directors box, for a good few years. Didn't renew this year and went yesterday, sat in North Upper, K Block and the leg room is unbelievable in comparison. Lower West was spacious but yesterday I could barely move.

Good different experience however.
  • Options
    Moved from upper to lower, view is great but its too cramped, much prefer to stand. Will give it a few more games if still dont like then will prob just walk up to the upper and stand up there
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

The Leeds game was in December before any protest started not sure what your point is, how can you know what the atmosphere was like if you were not there.

Bang to rights there
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

The Leeds game was in December before any protest started not sure what your point is, how can you know what the atmosphere was like if you were not there.

I wasn't talking about the protests. The atmosphere has been toxic long before that.
  • Options

Was in the East

Weird. Unique

If you are a remnant of the 70s and 3,000 crowds then days like yesterday don't seem so 'unique'. Hoped I'd seen the back of them, mind you
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Moved from upper to lower, view is great but its too cramped, much prefer to stand. Will give it a few more games if still dont like then will prob just walk up to the upper and stand up there

Done the same mate. Was actually a few rows in front of you. Gave up at half time. Went back up top and felt much more at home..
  • Options
    Moved from Upper West to the East. Have never been in a football crowd before where the ALL the supporters have apparently been struck dumb. Thank god I have not got a season ticket there
  • Options
    We tried having not renewed our seasons to try different seats. Unfortunately we found ourselves right behind one of those morons who seems to come for the sole purpose of abusing Morgan Fox. Rather than in evitably getting into a row with him, we moved to our old seats at halftime amongst old friends, and enjoyed the second half. Beware moving, test the seats first.