Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New VOTV128 (August 13th, 2016)

More at www.votvonline.com

Comments

• Options
    Oi! Where's mine???
  • Options
    Anyone buying this will have to go to the club office to sign an ABC or have their season-ticket withdrawn.
  • Options

Oi! Where's mine???

Probably in post with mine ...no hand delivery these days :wink: Although that could be awkward for you :smiley:
  • Options
    Love how, in that photo, Slade's 'Betdaq' is pointing up!
  • Options
    Got mine :-)
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Oi! Where's mine???

Probably in post with mine ...no hand delivery these days :wink: Although that could be awkward for you :smiley:
    Airman kindly sends me a digital copy.

However I had to sign an ABC. And I'm not joking :-)

• Options
    Mine arrived whilst I was at the Valley ...very quick
  • Options
    I wonder how "Lazy Daisy" went down in the boardroom?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

You assume she lowers herself to reading
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "bread role" ?

Who edits this rag ?

And what does he know about reading The Telegraph on the train ?
  • Options
    Ahem ... Printer's error, obviously!
  • Options
    "Sign disappeared from Bartram Entrance"
    Last time I entered the ground in that corner it was via the Laundry into the Karzy. Can you elaborate Airman?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Probably not well, mind you it was truly dire.
  • Options

Glued to the Olympic coverage since arriving home from the match so no post match comments from me thus far, but managed to read most of the new Voice in the car.

It's ALWAYS a great read & I look forward with anticipation for each issue but I have to comment on Kyle Andrews' piece : " Familiar Tune from Slade" .

I have tried without success on several occasions of late to describe how I currently view our team & how the volume of my vocal support is suffering this season.

Kyel has managed to put into words what's in my head & my heart and illustrates the angst many fans are experiencing under the regime.

If you haven't already purchased your copy, this snippet may encourage you to do so on Tuesday evening ....

" Of the many deeply upsetting consequences of Roland Duchatelet's reign at Charlton Athletic, the unavoidable altering of the feeling a victory provides is among the saddest. Even in the bubble that exists during the course of 90 minutes, success feels tainted".

Thanks to the author of this article for putting so eloquently how I feel.

( And apologies to Airman if I have over stepped a mark in sharing this quotation )

Of course not. I'm interested to see to what extent people agree with Kyle.
  • Options
    Great read ...and 'Lazy Daisy' looks like it could be a lot of fun :smiley:
  • Options
    Took out an ongoing subscription a few weeks ago and returned from short break to find my first copy waiting for me. Great read and great value. Certainly recommend taking out a subscription.
  • Options

Glued to the Olympic coverage since arriving home from the match so no post match comments from me thus far, but managed to read most of the new Voice in the car.

It's ALWAYS a great read & I look forward with anticipation for each issue but I have to comment on Kyle Andrews' piece : " Familiar Tune from Slade" .

I have tried without success on several occasions of late to describe how I currently view our team & how the volume of my vocal support is suffering this season.

Kyel has managed to put into words what's in my head & my heart and illustrates the angst many fans are experiencing under the regime.

If you haven't already purchased your copy, this snippet may encourage you to do so on Tuesday evening ....

" Of the many deeply upsetting consequences of Roland Duchatelet's reign at Charlton Athletic, the unavoidable altering of the feeling a victory provides is among the saddest. Even in the bubble that exists during the course of 90 minutes, success feels tainted".

Thanks to the author of this article for putting so eloquently how I feel.

( And apologies to Airman if I have over stepped a mark in sharing this quotation )

Of course not. I'm interested to see to what extent people agree with Kyle.
    Definitely struck a chord with me. When I heard the Northampton goal going in yesterday, I just laughed.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haven't read my copy yet but I always enjoy reading anything from Kyle.
  • Options

Yep read the article and winning , drawing , scoring under this lot doesn't feel anywhere near as good as it has done previously

Agreed, any kind of success on the pitch will always be tainted with the feeling that the SMT will see that as justification of their own methods...
  • Options
    When will VOTV129 be released Airman?
  • Options
    September 17th v Wimbledon
  • Options
    don't agree

after our 4-1 win at Rotherham last season I was just pleased to see a good game and great result, I had no thought for Belgians as I left the New York Stadium, felt a bit different when leaving Gigg Lane the other week.

so for me it depends on the result and how the team played, I wonder how those people at the Valley last night were feeling as they walked away from the ground?
  • Options
    Could KM turn to Paul Elliott to be new chairman?
    http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2016-17-blogs/16-8-holmes-start-is-so-impressive/

Would be weird to see a prospective buyer so close to the board, if it even did happen
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    sammy391 said:

http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2016-17-blogs/16-8-holmes-start-is-so-impressive/

Would be weird to see a prospective buyer so close to the board, if it even did happen

I don't disagree but I'm not sure they can operate without a chairman and suspect they will want someone they think they can use.
  • Options

sammy391 said:

I don't disagree but I'm not sure they can operate without a chairman and suspect they will want someone they think they can use.
    Surely Elliott knows that , and can use the position to his and his buyers advantage?
    Here's hoping anyway, should he be hired!
  • Options
    Potential step in the right direction and perhaps it's KM trying to do a Murray and stay involved under a new regime.

Or is it just Elliott's ego wanting to be a Chairman and nothing to do with new owners?