Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Russell Slade: Roger Johnson apologised for incident involving fans at Bury

Comments

• Options
    Oh thats Ok then, all is forgiven........ who's he apologised to exactly? Oh yer, Big Russ..... joke.
  • Options
    'Roger Johnson forced to apologise to fans by senior management' more like.
  • Options
    What bollocks. An apology comes from Johnson himself not a fake chat in the dressing room
  • Options
    'Alleged'
    'A fan'

Fuck off.
  • Options
    Well, that's the end of that, then. Move on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not defending Johnson, but believe Slade meant he apologised as a whole rather than the manager himself.

Have asked Shopper to change that, as I only sent them the quotes for that particular bit.
  • Options
    If, as a teacher, I had sworn at a "customer" aka a parent, I would rightfully be sacked on the spot.

Everything that keeps happening at Charlton I think unbelievable, but really we shouldn't be surprised. Chrissy Powell or Curbs wouldn't have stood for this.
  • Options
    Totally bizarre how this has been dealt with.

Imagine RS spoke to KM and said, 'think we should sack him' and she said, 'no, he is cheap'.

RS then said, 'think he should apologise publicly?' and she said 'no, the fans deserved it'

so RS said 'you going to say something to the press' and she said, 'no, I may be CEO and on the EFL Board but the boss does not let me speak'.
  • Options

Not defending Johnson, but believe Slade meant he apologised as a whole rather than the manager himself.

Have asked Shopper to change that, as I only sent them the quotes for that particular bit.

Fair dos (and thanks for interjecting with context, it always is appreciated). But it would be nice if RoJo came out and said something himself. He's clearly not afraid of talking. A five minute chat with the NewsHopper or SLP, an "I'm sorry, heat of the moment got to me, blah blah blah" would go a long way.

That said, I feel sorry for whoever has to edit out the expletives in his five minute chat.
  • Options
  • Options
    Incredibly vague.

Not taken seriously enough.

Slade and Johnson starting to share a similar theme considering Slade's little snap at Mendez

BE HAPPY WITH WHATEVER. DONT COMPLAIN.

YOUR ONLY ALLOWED TO BE POSITIVE AT ALL TIMES, OTHERWISE, F*CK OFF.

• Options
    I'm convinced Roger Johnson has Tourette's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he was "alleged" to have engaged with fans then surely the apology is "alleged" as well. I doubt very much there was an apology. And "something between A FAN and Roger" ? Someone's lying here.
  • Options
    "focus on the game"
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I build a up more of a dislike for slade as every interview passes

So do I. I hate him now.
  • Options
    Just so I understand things correctly, some fans were giving a player who we all know can be a bit angry/shouty/sweary a load of abuse after we lost the game against bury. When said player got angry/shouty/sweary back at these fans they were somehow surprised and feel the need to cry on the internet about it?

Don't get me wrong, the fans pay money to see the game and should be able to vent at the players who don't look like they care, but I would be surprised if it was constructive criticism thrown at RoJo.

All the talk of 'support the team, not the regime' is fine if the team is actually supported. Lots of games last season I had someone behind me chanting 'support the team, not the regime' then the ball went to fox and the same guy started booing and shouting "don't pass to that useless c*nt".
  • Options
    Chrispy51 said:

Just so I understand things correctly, some fans were giving a player who we all know can be a bit angry/shouty/sweary a load of abuse after we lost the game against bury. When said player got angry/shouty/sweary back at these fans they were somehow surprised and feel the need to cry on the internet about it?

Don't get me wrong, the fans pay money to see the game and should be able to vent at the players who don't look like they care, but I would be surprised if it was constructive criticism thrown at RoJo.

All the talk of 'support the team, not the regime' is fine if the team is actually supported. Lots of games last season I had someone behind me chanting 'support the team, not the regime' then the ball went to fox and the same guy started booing and shouting "don't pass to that useless c*nt".

The major flaw in your argument is that, by all accounts, Johnson wasn't getting loads of abuse.
  • Options
    Apologist....