Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My first proper match this saturday

I'm sooooooo excited ...... this saturday will be my first proper match (excluding the preseason dutch friendly) at my new local club Charlton Athletic. Many of your comments from my original post in June were negative and dismissal about the club (you're all entitled to your opinion) but that hasn't dampened my enthusiasm. For months I've been trawling the internet for the latest news on arrivals and departures, the excitement growing week by week, and now we are finally here!! At this stage I still firmly beleave my season ticket outlay will be money well spent. I'm a true football fan and can't wait to take my seat with my family at 3pm on saturday!!! Up the addicks!!!

Comments

• Options
    scab! :wink:
  • Options
    tonyb1974 said:

I'm sooooooo excited ...... this saturday will be my first proper match (excluding the preseason dutch friendly) at my new local club Charlton Athletic. Many of your comments from my original post in June were negative and dismissal about the club (you're all entitled to your opinion) but that hasn't dampened my enthusiasm. For months I've been trawling the internet for the latest news on arrivals and departures, the excitement growing week by week, and now we are finally here!! At this stage I still firmly beleave my season ticket outlay will be money well spent. I'm a true football fan and can't wait to take my seat with my family at 3pm on saturday!!! Up the addicks!!!

That's excellent, enjoy yourself. I probably have the most recent first Charlton match on here. It was February 9 (I think, early Feb) 2008 and we beat Palace 2-0 through two Luke Varney goals.
  • Options
    tonyb1974 said:

Well have fun, but expect fireworks this season, though not on the pitch.
  • Options

I take it this is a wind up?

Why would it be a wind up?

I'm a serious football fan, moved to east london recently and want to watch local football. For my 30 years of following football Charlton have always been preferable to other local teams (Millwall / West Ham etc)!

I'm genuinly excited and cant wait for saturday
  • Options
    tonyb1974 said:

I'm sooooooo excited ......

tonyb1974 said:

I'm starting to feel depressed ....... cheers everyone!

How are the mood swings?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    tonyb1974 said:

Have you completed your check list.

Flask?
    Blanket?
    Pencil Case?
    Note Book?
    Prozac?
    Flare?
    Beach Ball?
    Home shirt with Johnson 6 on the back?

Don't forget to as Bauer for a photo.

• Options

tonyb1974 said:

Flask?
    Blanket?
    Pencil Case?
    Note Book?
    Prozac?
    Picture of your favorite train

• Options
    tonyb1974 said:

I am pleased we have a new addick and hope you have an interesting day.
    At least by starting at the bottom the only way is up for you, hopefully.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Message me on Saturday and I'll add you to the birthdays/dedications/welcomes.

Oh......

Ooooh you are awful! :wink:
  • Options
    How you enjoy it, God knows what I would make of it all if I didn't have a lifelong affiliation with us
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

If the username is 1974 then that means he is 41 or 42. Surely no one that age talks like that??!

Also with a name like Tony it makes you wonder...

Just how old is Tony Cahones
  • Options
    By the way when you go into the Ground if you feel all the happiness disappearing from your body and start to feel depressed.

Dont worry the dementors from Harry Potter dont exist its Katrien and the rest of 'em making you feel like that, just dont want you yelling... Expecto Patronum every few minutes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

tonyb1974 said:

Flask?
    Blanket?
    Pencil Case?
    Note Book?
    Prozac?
    Flare?
    Beach Ball?

Don't forget to as Bauer for a photo.

If you let Johnson ( he's the hapless number 6 who throws the odd swear word in) know it's your first game I'm sure you will get a warm welcome.

Don't forget your train timetable and binoculars for before and after the game.
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

If the username is 1974 then that means he is 41 or 42. Surely no one that age talks like that??!

Give it 4 games and he will be using the finest swears money can buy.
  • Options
    If you ask nicely @Lincsaddick will introduce you to his favourite player.....add 2 swear jars to your check list, you'll be minted
  • Options
    Hope you Enjoy it though Tonyb1974.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Hope you make it though Tonyb1974.

• Options

bellz2002 said:

If it's Cajones, the 74 must be a reference to his IQ.
  • Options

bellz2002 said:

He certainly fails the height test. ;)
  • Options
    Enjoy your first game Tony, hopefully you can change our fortunes somehow
  • Options

Enjoy your first game Tony, hopefully you can change our fortunes somehow

If we win Saturday you're going to every match, home and away, until we lose. So probably one match after that then...
  • Options
    What a unique post.