Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016/17 Betting Thread

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    btts and match result from sunday.

man united
    spurs
    celtic
    city

128/1

so close.

@IdleHans the lower leagues are actually quite predictable although lincoln lost a game tonight my 14/1 pre season bet for them to win the league is still looking strong - shame i doubled it up with ebbsfleet as they are currently 2nd to maidenhead but do face each other 2nd last game of the season.
  • Options
    Reading 11/8 tonight to beat Blackburn who haven't won away in 10. Surely this is free money.
  • Options
    West Ham have ruined me

Arsenal, Chelsea, Southampton & Spurs
    4 fold - win and both teams to score
    140/1
  • Options
    Did 5 matches over 2.5 goals waiting on soton v palace and like a prick I cashed out £95 a minute before Soton scored to make it 2-1. I just didnt want Palace to be the ones that let me down thats why i cashed out. Would have won £300 if I had left it. Silly twat.
  • Options
    Put a fiver on Arsenal, Hull, Southampton, Spurs & Liverpool. All the matches had finished and Liverpool kicked off later, two minutes before Bournemouth equalised I cashed out for £60. Phew.
  • Options
    Bet 365 again
    A.Madrid v Leicester £50 inplay bet.
  • Options
    Had a double for £5.

Palace to beat Liverpool and Leicester to beat Arsenal.

Would return £220 if Leicester win.. 0-0 after 53 mins, anyone know how the game looks and should I cash out for £22 now instead!
  • Options
    no, don't cash out. I am always wrong when I do, and hate myself for bottling out for pennies.
  • Options
    Happily my bad advice came too late. What did you do?
  • Options
    Best season ever for me on my pre season bets. 85 laid out.

Chelsea, Newcastle, Scunthorpe, and Portsmouth. 30 X 1 Lucky 15 e/w

Paid out 324.45

No luck on the other bets

Straight 10 pound win on the accy above.

25 notes on Aguero to be top Premier league goalscorer

Straight 10 pound win accy on Celtic, Hibs, Alloa and Clyde

10 pound on Scunthorpe at 16/1 for the League One Handicap (Bloody Fleetwood)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shirty5 - I always go for the Paddy Power top goal scorer deal at the start of the season. Had 5 bets this year @ £12.50 e/w (top 6 places); Lukaku, Aguero, Kane, Ibrahimavic and Mahrez. Was looking good for 4 out of 5 paying out (£220 for Lukaku alone) until Ibrahimavic got injured but still looking like £300 for the other 3........plus will have had over 75 free £2 bets throughout the season. I recommend it to everyone to have an interest throughout the season.
  • Options
    Echo that Meldrew
    Done £12.50 ew on Lukaku.
    Had 24 x £2 free bets so far for his 24 goals goal, without any potential winnings on top.
  • Options
    My pre season bet this year is nearly in, fingers crossed

Wednesday top 6
    QPR bottom half
    Burnley to stay up
    Hull to go down

Just waiting on Hull, can't believe I'll be cheering on Palace tomorrow.
  • Options
    Taken 13 months bit finally has a football bet come in!!

Bournemouth
    Ebbsfleet
    Arsenal

4/1

Won't be giving up the day job yet...
  • Options
    Last week I had a 14 fold, it would've paid out £937.56 but one team let me down.. Juventus at home to Torino

I felt like crying, ended up with £80 instead
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Sage said:

Last week I had a 14 fold, it would've paid out £937.56 but one team let me down.. Juventus at home to Torino

I felt like crying, ended up with £80 instead

Gutting, but I got done a head for £16k on the last leg a horse racing accumulator last July.
    I noticed the same horse was running last Saturday, so recouped a bit with a winning bet of £10 at 9/2 !
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

Happily my bad advice came too late. What did you do?

Got lucky and cashed out seconds before Arsnal scored!

Had a decent season, prob c£1K up, similar to last season. Have scrapped most long shots and gone. Bit bigger on 1-3 game accys generally where I see undue value.
  • Options
    came very close to landing a couple of huge over 2.5 goals accys, for tiny stakes you can get massive returns,

14p on a 16 fold returned £2,879 was 3 goals away

7p on a 12 fold was 1 goal away in the sudanese premier league, unfortunately because they dont offer live betting no cash out was available bloody 1-1 draw return would of been £1,257.60!!!. and all other legs had won.
  • Options
    Anyone use any 'tipster'. I always see loads advertising on facebook /Twitter and they all claim to have made lots of profit . I assume they're all crap?

Anyone ever found a decent 1?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anyone use any 'tipster'. I always see loads advertising on facebook /Twitter and they all claim to have made lots of profit . I assume they're all crap?

If these 'tipsters' were real, they wouldn't need to charge people for their tips cos they'd make enough off their own bets.
  • Options
    'Football Fella' is pretty decent and doesn't charge
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    A lot of them lay out so many bets, that you need a small fortune to bank roll them, as a bit of research i tracked there NAP of the day on the horses over a 2month period, after hypothetically placing a £10.00 bet on each one the net result was a loss of just over £260.00. the naps are usually a short price anyway, so unless your putting on big its not worth it. the evens challenge is another one they do even that you could probably pick out yourself.
  • Options
    Have a read of this, tells you all you need to know about these 'tipsters'

https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/article/78n8wb/a-mugs-game-how-twitter-tipsters-are-profiting-on-losing-bets
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

If these 'tipsters' were real, they wouldn't need to charge people for their tips cos they'd make enough off their own bets.
    True in 90% of cases. However, most pro punters have had all their accounts either closed or restricted to 10p bets (so bookies can say that they don't close accounts) and Betfair doesn't have the liquidity to back/lay on weak markets without adversely affecting the price. Which is why they use Commission Agents to place those bets but the bookmakers networks and technology makes that hard to do too.
  • Options
    Never sign up to a bookmaker via a banner on a "Tipsters" page, they make money off you, every time you credit the account, place a bet etc they get a % commission. Always go straight to the official website, Bob will be able to enlighten people further.
  • Options

Best to buy the Racing and Football Outlook every Tuesday and follow one of the many pundits in there.

Also buy a copy of the Racing Post on the first Tuesday of August for season predictions