Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Updated Squad List - 14th July

22 professionals not including the U21s

Thanks to @Scoham for checking the details. All errors @Henry Irving .

Name - year contract expires.

Contracts expire on 30th June.

Goalkeepers

Marko Dmitrovic - 2017
Stephen Henderson 2017
Nick Pope 2018

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2020

Centre Backs

Roger Johnson 2017
Harry Lennon 2018
Patrick Bauer 2019
Naby Sarr 2020 (On loan to Red Star Paris for season)
Jorge Texieria 2020

Left Backs

Morgan Fox 2018
Tareiq Holmes-Dennis 2018

Right Midfielders

Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson 2019
Ricky Holmes 2018

Central Midfielders

Alou Diarra - 2017
Johnnie Jackson 2017
El-Hadji Ba 2018
Ahmed Kashi 2018
Jordan Cousins 2019

Left Midfielders

Callum Harriott - 2017
Cristian Ceballos 2018
Zakarya Bergdich 2019

Strikers

Karlan Ahearne-Grant 2017 plus 1 year option
George Tucudean 2017 (contract terminated)
Tony Watt 2018
Igor Vetokele 2019 (on loan on to Zulte Waregem for season)
Ademola Lookman 2020
Lee Novak 2019
Nicky Ajose 2019

U21 Development Squad

Goalkeepers

Dimitar Mitov 2017 plus one year option
Jordan Beeney 2018 (had heard he signed a 2 year scholarship and 2 year pro deal)
Dillon Phillips - 2018

Right Backs

Aaron Barnes 2017

Centre Backs

Daniel Bowry 2017
Terell Thomas 2017
Ezri Konsa Undisclosed "Long Term" (2019 estimated, signed December 2015)
Kenneth Yao Undisclosed "Long Term" (2019 estimated, signed January 2016)

Left Backs

Archie Edwards 2018

Central Midfielders

Joe Aribo 2017
Chris Millar - 2017
Anfernee Dijksteel 2017
Oliver Muldoon 2017
Regan Charles-Cook Undisclosed "Long Term" (2019 estimated, signed December 2015)
George Lapslie 2019

Strikers

Brandon Hanlan 2018
Mikhail Kennedy 2018
Josh Umerah 2018
Louis-Michel Yamfam 2018 (Signed from Stevenage)

Comments

• Options
    Naby Sarr was given a 5 year contract? The longest of anyone in the entire squad?!!

Makes sense.........
  • Options
    Has Bergdich actually gone or is he just still missing?
  • Options

Has Bergdich actually gone or is he just still missing?

not seen anything to say he's officially gone but then again havn't seen anything official about Dmitrovic either
  • Options
    Knowing that a couple of those names in midfield will be off soon it really does look a thin squad, especially with the injuries.
  • Options
    I'm surprised Aribo hasn't been given a go on pre season this year.. I remember last pre season Euell was talking him up saying he could be knocking on the first team door by the end of the year. That never happened and despite him playing and scoring fairly regularly for the u21s last year he's not featured in pre season...
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Would like to see Lapslie step up as the reserve centre mid.
  • Options
    Seeing that is Cook injured as really felt he would push on this year? Haven't seen his name mentioned in the pre season games.
  • Options

Seeing that is Cook injured as really felt he would push on this year? Haven't seen his name mentioned in the pre season games.

@Johnboy mentioned seeing one of our players going for a scan. Might have been him
  • Options
    What happened to bergdich? Did I miss something?
  • Options
    Sacked according to SLP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That looks a woefully weak squad, especially in midfield with JBG certainly going and Kashi perpetually injured.
  • Options

@Johnboy mentioned seeing one of our players going for a scan. Might have been him
    Was wondering the same. He seems to be the one closest to be capable of making the step up.

Also, Konsa has played as a holding midfielder, IF he's not ready to be a first choice CB think the two of them would equate to one senior player in holding midfield.
  • Options

22 professionals not including the U21s

Thanks to @Scoham for checking the details. All errors @Henry Irving .

Name - year contract expires.

Contracts expire on 30th June.

Goalkeepers

Marko Dmitrovic - 2017
    Stephen Henderson 2017
    Nick Pope 2018

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2020

Centre Backs

Roger Johnson 2017 Dog poo
    Harry Lennon 2018
    Patrick Bauer 2019
    Naby Sarr 2020 (On loan to Red Star Paris for season)
    Jorge Texieria 2020

Left Backs

Morgan Fox 2018
    Tareiq Holmes-Dennis 2018

Right Midfielders

Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson 2019 Will be gone soon
    Ricky Holmes 2018

Central Midfielders

Alou Diarra - 2017 - Good players always injured
    Johnnie Jackson 2017 - Not good enough to start
    El-Hadji Ba 2018 - Was pony last year but might be ok in league 1
    Ahmed Kashi 2018
    Long term injury
    Jordan Cousins 2019

Left Midfielders

Callum Harriott - 2017 Will he stay
    Cristian Ceballos 2018 Is he any good
    Zakarya Bergdich 2019

Strikers

Karlan Ahearne-Grant 2017 plus 1 year option
    George Tucudean 2017 (contract terminated)
    Tony Watt 2018 - Will he stay
    Igor Vetokele 2019 (on loan on to Zulte Waregem for season)
    Ademola Lookman 2020 Will prob be gone
    Lee Novak 2019
    Nicky Ajose 2019

U21 Development Squad

Squad looks fu**ed, they better start signing some players soon, especailly midfielders otherwise its going to be the same as last year, full of players who need 3 months to get up to speed and just before they do they pick up the same knock that has been bothering them for the last 3 years.

• Options
    The three new signings then nothing, except the cast offs on trial that are now over in Austria.
    I wonder when Slade will begin to see how difficult this job is going to be.
  • Options

The three new signings then nothing, except the cast offs on trial that are now over in Austria.

Cast offs ElfsborgAddick? Andrew Crofts is a very good player! Only just missed out on the Wales squad for the Euros
  • Options
    It's a shame we don't have a settled squad for pre-season but no real surprise.

Let's see where we are at the end of the transfer window eh?

Could be bad, could be better. Past form suggests the former, Slade looks like a good guy, may end up with the latter. I'm hoping for the latter.
  • Options

It's a shame we don't have a settled squad for pre-season but no real surprise.

Let's see where we are at the end of the transfer window eh?

Could be bad, could be better. Past form suggests the former, Slade looks like a good guy, may end up with the latter. I'm hoping for the latter.

I think Slade will be gone by the end of August. Hope I'm wrong
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Cast offs ElfsborgAddick? Andrew Crofts is a very good player! Only just missed out on the Wales squad for the Euros
    Rob has nailed it!

He must be s*** if Church went out there and Croft didn't
  • Options

uie2 said:

Rob has nailed it!

He must be s*** if Church went out there and Croft didn't
    Church is a Striker and Crofts is a Midfielder though...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob said:

uie2 said:

Well, Churchy made it so that doesn't say a lot :-)
    Rob said:

uie2 said:

Well, Churchy made it so that doesn't say a lot :-)
    Church is a forward Crofts is a midfielder!!! In the squad before Crofts was Ledley, King ,Ramsey, Allen etc the Brighton fans rated him