Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tim Peake

In the papers again. Can't think of anyone more pleased with themselves but him.
Wish he'd been left in perpetual orbit.

Comments

• Options
    Got a lot to be pleased with himself about.

I like him too - and the more he does the more it gets kids interested in science etc.
  • Options
    Skyping school kids from the ISpaceStation?
    What's not to like?
    Top bloke
    Inspiration
  • Options
    I think he's a proper twat.
    But i understand there are many different takes on stuff.
  • Options
    Andy hit them, Tim rode them.....
  • Options
    Think he's an absolute inspiration

He's a spaceman. An astronaut. Give me a cooler job than astronaught
  • Options
    He's a smug git.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Penguin photographer.
    Glaciologist.
    Night's Watch actor.

All a bit nippy.
  • Options
    Carter said:

This, my young grandsons idolise him.
  • Options
    I think everyone does. Except iainment that is.
  • Options
    Personally think he comes across as a top bloke, oh and he has a fair bit to back it up with.

Not sure quite how anyone could dislike him tbh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The thing is Peake has had the most extraordinary experience. One that for me is beautifully summed up by his hero Piers Sellers

Sellers is a vastly experienced ‘British’ astronaut who currently works at Nasa in the field of climate change. Back in January he announced that he was suffering from stage 4 pancreatic cancer which means he has little more than a year to live.

He said, “As for me, I’ve no complaints. I’m very grateful for the experiences I’ve had on this planet. As an astronaut I space walked 220 miles above the Earth. Floating alongside the International Space Station, I watched hurricanes cartwheel across oceans, the Amazon snake its way to the sea through a brilliant green carpet of forest, and gigantic night time thunderstorms flash and flare for hundreds of miles along the equator. From this God’s-eye-view, I saw how fragile and infinitely precious the Earth is. I’m hopeful for its future".

“And that is why I’m going to work tomorrow.”
  • Options
    I advise people to search Danny Baker and the spaceman on Campbell Davidson Media (something like that).
  • Options
    When he first went up a friend of mine said he thought he was a 'prick'.
    The whole pub frowned.

I have to say ,after seeing more and more footage of him, I'm leaning toward my mate.

A harmless one though!
  • Options
    Tim Peake has been a positive beacon in a time when there has been little to celebrate.
  • Options
    Tim has had an experienced that most men dream of and for that reason I can only admire him.
    Why someone would dislike him baffles me. He should be an inspiration to everyone .

• Options
    It makes me well with pride that we live in a world where millions of kids are starving to death yet we spend billions sending grinning cretins into space.

Only one Peakey rocket worth thinking about as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    Haven't you heard? He's been canonised, it's Saint Tim now.
  • Options
    erithalf said:

No he hasn't.
    I've just checked everywhereand what you've said isn't true.
    Why would you lie about this?

Maybe you were confused with Saint Timothy from the 1st century who was the Bishop of Ephesus. Easily confused, I guess.
  • Options

erithalf said:

No he hasn't.

Maybe you were confused with Saint Timothy from the 1st century who was the Bishop of Ephesus. Easily confused, I guess.
    OK Then, he come across as a smug , nicey nicey, Kumbaya My Lord singing, holier than thou twat...better?
  • Options
    erithalf said:

erithalf said:

No he hasn't.

OK Then, he come across as a smug , nicey nicey, Kumbaya My Lord singing, holier than thou twat...better?
    Not really, but if those are your feelings, about someone with a long Army service, dedication to space and a willingness to inspire kids, so be it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's reached his peake unfortunately...
  • Options
    Yeah proper twat that one. Realising a lifetime ambition and having the audacity to smile about it. Who does he think he is?
  • Options
    He obviously doesn't have a cat
  • Options
    buckshee said:

It makes me well with pride that we live in a world where millions of kids are starving to death yet we spend billions sending grinning cretins into space.

I'm really into cosmology but I tend to agree about the first part. How India have got a space programme is disgusting. But there have been a lot of advantages in technology and research because of space exploration.
  • Options
    He is my girlfriend's friend's nephew. He phoned her from space (on a withheld number) and she nearly didn't answer.

There are plenty of smug people who have achieved a fraction of what Tim has. I think that he has the right to feel proud of his achievements.

Legend!!
  • Options
    buckshee said:

There are a ridiculous amount of things we waste money on. I don't see space programmes as one of them (apart from Star Trek, which is awful).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_spin-off_technologies
  • Options
    Carter said:

Proofreader
  • Options
    ground control to Major Tim ..