Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dallas police shootings

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:

Rather than blame trump has anyone thought about blaming the music industry? You know the rap stars the youth in America look up to so much? Thes ones opening bragging about carrying guns and killing etc?

Unbefuckinglievable
    You're unbelievable Jeff, I think you've been offended by everyone of my posts that disagrees with yours. So unless you have a point to make, bore off.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Rather than blame trump has anyone thought about blaming the music industry? You know the rap stars the youth in America look up to so much? Thes ones opening bragging about carrying guns and killing etc?

Do you listen to a lot of rap?
    No.
    No shit!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    My point is that you are revelling in your ignorance and it's quite funny embarrassing
  • Options
    Leuth said:

My point is that you are revelling in your ignorance and it's quite funny

If you mean ignorant as in disagreeing with your point then yes I am.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    You're postulating that rap is the cause of violence rather than a response to it, which is a staggeringly inept reading EDIT and yeah what SE9 says
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

You're postulating that rap is the cause of violence rather than a response to it, which is a staggeringly inept reading

Didn't suggest its the sole reason for it at any point you read it how you want, you don't listen to other views anyway, bit of a bigot it seems.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    se9addick said:

Leuth said:

You've insinuated that rap is the cause of the violence in America but admit to not having listened to much. Isn't that essentially the definition of ignorance ?
    I did as a kiddy till I realised the best artists are dead or have lost it(tupac,biggie,Eminem). Try switching on MTV Base once in while you'll see where I'm coming from.
  • Options
    Listen to this, carefully

• Options
    edited July 2016

se9addick said:

Leuth said:

You've insinuated that rap is the cause of the violence in America but admit to not having listened to much. Isn't that essentially the definition of ignorance ?
    I did as a kiddy till I realised the best artists are dead or have lost it(tupac,biggie,Eminem). Try switching on MTV Base once in while you'll see where I'm coming from.
    > uses an mtv channel as a marker for modern music

Fucking LOL.

There is some amazing modern hip hop out there, listen to cunninglynguists, common, Pete Rock, j fills etc, all 21st century.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Leuth said:

> uses an mtv channel as a marker for modern music

Fucking LOL.

There is some amazing modern hip hop out there, listen to cunninglynguists, common, Pete Rock, j fills etc, all 21st century.
    You swear a lot when responding to me Kent Addick just use another meme if you're angry.
  • Options

7 minutes of my life I can't get back.

My ears are hurting.
  • Options
    Well I listened carefully and while it is musically better than a lot of music of that genre I still don't get it.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

You're postulating that rap is the cause of violence rather than a response to it, which is a staggeringly inept reading EDIT and yeah what SE9 says

I don't listen to rap or hip hop music, for reasons like that video above (it's dreadful)...but didn't Notorious BIG bring out songs about abusing women and commandments of selling crack cocaine? Is that a response to violence?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

bobmunro said:

53 years ago in Dallas, the best hope for Black America to make some progress disappeared with the Shooting of JFK. How ironic that the Grandchildren of black Americans from the 60's still feel the same way despite having a Black President.

IMO had MLK and Robert Kennedy not gone the same way then things would have progressed, however shocking JFK's assassination was. At that point it seemed that anyone trying to do the right thing was a target.

The gun culture is out of control. If everyone is (potentially) armed, then not surprisingly the police will overreact at the merest twitch from someone in a tense situation, and we know they are more likely to overreact more to people with particular profiles. Prison & arrest are not deterrents, which is why the jail population is ridiculously high.

Agreed. For me it was Bobby's death that ended the hope.
    Spot on.

The triple killings of first JFK in 63, then Martin Luther King in April 68,
    Followed by Bobby Kennedy in June 68 sowed the seeds that are still coming to fruition today.

The Kennedy Brothers upset so many different people,
    That they could have been killed by Mafia, Right wingers, Russian supporters or even spurned lovers ETC.
    And in the end it was organized by a select group of CIA operatives and carried out by some of them along with some mafia members (mad about Bobby's pursuit of the mob) and anti-Castro Cubans, still mad about the Bay of Pigs, JFK shutting down their covert ops in the swamps of LA and FL, and about his refusal to nuke/invade Cuban during the Cuban missile crisis.

Oliver Stone's film "JFK," which is based on a lot of very good investigation and then given the Oliver Stone filmmaking twist, puts forth the notion that he was killed over Vietnam, which could tangentially have been true. If you believe that Edward Landsdale was in Dallas that day, he the former CIA chief of the East Asia region (I believe) and a man well versed in covert ops, then you could certainly point to the correlation between him and Vietnam. Vietnam was a war he and the CIA were pressing for desperately in the early '60s when our involvement there was still light.

Lastly, in recent years there's been an influx in people saying it was orchestrated by LBJ. I suspect he knew about it in advance. He was good friends and neighbors with J. Edgar Hoover, and LBJ was anything but stupid, he would have known what actually happened in Dallas shortly thereafter, if not beforehand. When he got older he stated he thought the Russians might have done it. There were a lot of people associated with the CIA at the same time (and I am of the belief that Oswald was meant to be tied directly to Cuba, but that's another story) who said the Russians might have done it. All of these men knew better. Kennedy had started a thaw in the cold war, and was viewed domestically as being "too soft on Communism" (see Cuba).

Sorry, what were we talking about?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leuth said:

I don't listen to rap or hip hop music, for reasons like that video above (it's dreadful)...but didn't Notorious BIG bring out songs about abusing women and commandments of selling crack cocaine? Is that a response to violence?
    Stop being ignorant..
  • Options

Watched many movies lately? Seen much TV? Read many books? Played or seen adverts for xbox or PlayStation? Think you will find people were killing people long before Hip Hop turned up pal.
  • Options
    Don't ban guns, ban rap and hip hop.
  • Options

Something about the whole thing just doesn't seem to add up to me, randomly woke up to it happening and saw one of the earlier videos and it certainly didn't sound like sniper fire, it was relentless shots from what sounded like at least 4-5 at least semi-automatic guns. I'm not one for conspiracy theories or set ups but something seems off.

Was thinking the same thing, with the extra added irony that this all happened pretty close to Dealey plaza where Jack Kennedy was shot.

The early reports were two snipers, and later that there were as many as four people involved.

There was a video that did the rounds on the night (and I really have no desire to find it again) where you could hear what sounded like two high-powered weapons being fired down at police. They noticeably never fired at the same time. The man Johnson was former Army, and could well have had multiple weapons stationed around he vantage point.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Watched many movies lately? Seen much TV? Read many books? Played or seen adverts for xbox or PlayStation? Think you will find people were killing people long before Hip Hop turned up pal.
    Okay StevieG, that's a fair point. Thanks for putting that across without getting flustered or swearing.

Take note Leuth, Kent Addick etc.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Leuth, Rap is just a cog in an ever spinning wheel, whether a cause or response popular music is very influential on young people.
    The current trend in music for sexualising everything is another example. Boys, black and white, only see girls for one thing.
    Have a look at some of the computer games available to kids.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Dazzler21 said:

se9addick said:

How many black lives are saved by the police in the US every year?

Why is it relevant ?
    Why isn't it relevant? It supports the fact that Black lives do in fact matter. ALL lives matter is what they should be championing.

Regarding taser use on baggy clothes

“The most effective place for a TASER probe to hit is one probe above the belt and one below the belt with a spread of a foot or more,” Tracy said. Baggy clothing can get in the way of probes making contact with the skin. Denim can stop the probes getting through all together. The probe can also come loose of the wire/skin and the probes can be shot too close together.

All of these scenarios would leave the intended target unaffected.

“A lot of times the top dart misses or the bottom dart misses,” Paxton said. "The top probe has a laser sight on it and is fired directly, while the second probe is fired at an angle. Firing it from a distance usually means a better spread of the probes, but the probability of missing is greatly increased by distance.”

It also is difficult to hit a moving target. If the probes are not shot directly into the subject, the TASER takes time and can be difficult to reload.

“The TASER X-26 (U.S standard Police issue) is limited to one deployment at a time,” Tracy said. "While the cartridge can be dropped and reloaded, reloading is difficult under stress.”
    But black lives clearly don't matter to all coppers in the states, that's entirely the point.
    And neither do white lives matter to all coppers otherwise no white people would have been killed.
    there was a really high profile case in america not long ago where a white college athlete essentially got off scot free on a sexual assault and rape charge because it might "hurt his career" further down the line. The reporting of the case used a college grad photo of him, not a police mug shot they usually use
    Yeah, there was a meme doing the rounds after Alton Sterling got shot that went something like "get shot while unarmed by police, they print your previous record. Rape a girl and they print your swim times."
  • Options

No one said don't ban guns babe.
  • Options

Sandi Shaws Puppet on a string put me on the right path.