Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New club website next season

Comments

• Options

seth plum said:

The last player content was highlights of the Swindon match, and then, despite a lot of subsequent great activity with the U23'S it remained the same for over a month. Leaving an empty space we were paying for. Then the player service was summarily stopped for subscribers with a paltry take it or leave it refund which in my case I disputed and got nowhere when they used the 'we are never wrong' method of response.
    The now defunct player service is still advertised right up there on the current OS.
    There is no new website, or alternative to the player service available.
    The team play the first PSF in Ireland on Monday week, and it has been put out there that there will be full coverage, but I fail to see how. If it is on sodding Facebook then that means we would be obliged to join up with that poxy platform to follow the coverage, it might be covered on the clubs YouTube thing but we don't know.
    I intend to go the game in Limerick, but as I will be with Mrs Plum I am still trying to think up a strategy for getting to the UCD game when I take her to Dublin for the day.
    The communications team might well be a bunch of essentially nice young guys, but I wish they were much better at their actual jobs.

The U23s were covered online including live streaming the match against Hull City on FB Live where 198,000 people tuned in.

As mentioned before I gave you a direct email to try to assist your PlayerHD refund (which again to clarify is through the EFL and we have no control over with data protection) and I never received anything from you. I can't give any more help than that.

The new Valley Pass service which arrives when the new website launches will have coverage of Ireland and pre-season.
    I was at the match in person, and it would have been nice to see the highlights of it on player afterwards.
    The first game in Ireland is 10 days away.
  • Options

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

Dazzler21 said:

seth plum said:

The last player content was highlights of the Swindon match, and then, despite a lot of subsequent great activity with the U23'S it remained the same for over a month. Leaving an empty space we were paying for. Then the player service was summarily stopped for subscribers with a paltry take it or leave it refund which in my case I disputed and got nowhere when they used the 'we are never wrong' method of response.
    The now defunct player service is still advertised right up there on the current OS.
    The team play the first PSF in Ireland on Monday week, and it has been put out there that there will be full coverage, but I fail to see how. If it is on sodding Facebook then that means we would be obliged to join up with that poxy platform to follow the coverage, it might be covered on the clubs YouTube thing but we don't know.
    I intend to go the game in Limerick, but as I will be with Mrs Plum I am still trying to think up a strategy for getting to the UCD game when I take her to Dublin for the day.
    The communications team might well be a bunch of essentially nice young guys, but I wish they were much better at their actual jobs.

It'll likely be on YouTube if they're showing match highlights/interviews or even games. No need to burn the comms team, they're held back by management decisions and I would expect can only publish when cleared to.
    I accept that I have a thing about the Comms team that stretches back a fair distance to the days when the likes of Jamie Reed and Emma did the match commentaries and failed to describe the action, or the in house voluntary commentators reporting long trips away to northern clubs to commentate which they were obliged to do entirely at their own expense in terms of travel and equipment, even though subscribers were paying in actual money.
    The suffering of the in house commentators was sometimes used to justify a poor service and my thoughts at the time is they should take it up with the club or 'player' rather than take it out on the subscribers.
    We have had the sale of equipment from the electrical overflow draw indicating desperation, and we have had an unsafe PA system that has only just got a bit better. There was also a dreadful mistake regarding a memorial moment which was pitiful but I am sure not deliberate.
    If the Comms team are undermined by the club then they can be in Katrien or Tony's ear every day if they like.
    Mel Baroni chose a different method.
    Just to clarify, that has never happened.
    It may well have never happened, but that is not how it was reported at the time, both on the commentary itself, on the Sunday night programme, and in emails I exchanged when complaining about Jamie Reed. I am quite clear that several times I brought up the notion that as we were paying to subscribe then the in house commentary team should not be out of pocket.
    Thank you for your 'clarification', but I am sure that the message put out was different.
    Communications issue.
    I think it's very big of you to apologise and withdraw your comment Seth - especially as you have been making this claim for a long time and on more than just this thread.
    Which particular comment are you referring to?
  • Options

seth plum said:

Dazzler21 said:

seth plum said:

It'll likely be on YouTube if they're showing match highlights/interviews or even games. No need to burn the comms team, they're held back by management decisions and I would expect can only publish when cleared to.
    I accept that I have a thing about the Comms team that stretches back a fair distance to the days when the likes of Jamie Reed and Emma did the match commentaries and failed to describe the action, or the in house voluntary commentators reporting long trips away to northern clubs to commentate which they were obliged to do entirely at their own expense in terms of travel and equipment, even though subscribers were paying in actual money.
    The suffering of the in house commentators was sometimes used to justify a poor service and my thoughts at the time is they should take it up with the club or 'player' rather than take it out on the subscribers.
    We have had the sale of equipment from the electrical overflow draw indicating desperation, and we have had an unsafe PA system that has only just got a bit better. There was also a dreadful mistake regarding a memorial moment which was pitiful but I am sure not deliberate.
    If the Comms team are undermined by the club then they can be in Katrien or Tony's ear every day if they like.
    Mel Baroni chose a different method.
    Just to clarify, that has never happened.
    Can you report anything on the new website and the alternative to Player?
  • Options
    It's the first of July tomorrow

Perhaps we'll kick off the new month with a kickass new website.....and the opening story is

Jacko, Bow, Ricky, Reevesy and Maddison all commit their long term futures to Charlton...and all exhibiting the lovely new kits

• Options
    Swisdom said:

It's the first of July tomorrow

Perhaps we'll kick off the new month with a kickass new website.....and the opening story is

Jacko, Bow, Ricky, Reevesy and Maddison all commit their long term futures to Charlton...and all exhibiting the lovely new kits

Someone's been on the Friday beer already......

Am I the only one still thinking they are holding out on announcing Bowyer & Jackson until they also release some bad news.....?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Allegedly, my 6 months of free subscription should start tomorrow, had no email or login details from the kloob
  • Options
    Well, it would seem that our web site has been taken down so I guess it will be the new one asap.
  • Options

Well, it would seem that our web site has been taken down so I guess it will be the new one asap.

Still down.....04:24am
  • Options
    Up and running on my phone. Seems easy to navigate. 2 week free trial of the player included when its up and running
  • Options
    Hmmm, will take getting used to, but seems a bit over fussy and complicated to navigate, I build websites for friends, golden rule, make it idiot proof and easy to navigate.
  • Options
    It obviously seems alot more aimed at younger fans being able to navigate and reading the article on superstar signing fosu definitely seems OTT
  • Options

Only Charlton could build a website worse then the last!

Come on, it doesn't take hours to load like the last one:)

• Options
    Oops - I've spotted a typo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Theres quite a few typos as you go through the articles
  • Options
    Think its quite good, simple and effective and no sign of pop ups. I wonder when they'll contact me about my free 6 months for the pass.
  • Options
    It does seem that the new site is very much targetted at the younger generation. It might be that the club have given up on us oldies and are going to concentrate on building a new level of support which we will find rather frustrating.
  • Options
    No doubt the club and the web developers are looking in on here for our opinions, early doors but hopefully it will improve and become smoother (and proof read for typos)
  • Options
    Looks ok to me. I rarely use the official site anyway apart from CAFCPlayer.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    From a quick look on the mobile it looks better and cleaner than before, no pop ups and fewer adds.

Of course I like that the history section has been expanded. Must have missed the references to the museum though. Nothing when you search on "museum" either.

Not sure about the references to the community trust as if they are a branch of the club.

Yes, lots of kids content but as games start and we sign players ( it's first July and you're not allowed to sign players before then) maybe the balance will shift.

I did think some of the language was a bit evangelical almost as if the author had a background in PR but it's not OTT and I think with time it will grow into itself.
  • Options
    I see that the club have put no date against phase 4 of the training ground development, although they state it will cost an estimated £8m.
  • Options
    I don't mind it. Think it's pretty good infact. Easier to navigate than the last one, will take a little while to get used to the new layout. I'm sure they'll be fixing some bugs for the next few months.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Oops - I've spotted a typo

That will be the students
  • Options
    It's very "current" and in line with how most sites are going. Not my cup of tea personally but then again I ever use the OS.

When it's on CL...