Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Updated Squad List - 1 July 2016

With the players back in training and the transfer window about to open officially on Friday time for an update.

We know some players are likely to leave but this is how it stands as of today

26 professionals not including the U21s

Thanks to @Scoham for checking the details. All errors mine.

Name - year contract expires.

Contracts expire on 30th June.

Goalkeepers

Marko Dmitrovic - 2017
Stephen Henderson 2017
Nick Pope 2018

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2017

Centre Backs

Roger Johnson 2017
Harry Lennon 2018
Patrick Bauer 2019
Naby Sarr 2020 (On loan to Red Star Paris for season)
Jorge Texieria 2020

Left Backs

Morgan Fox 2018
Tareiq Holmes-Dennis 2018

Right Midfielders

Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson 2019
Ricky Holmes 2018

Central Midfielders

Alou Diarra - 2017
Johnnie Jackson 2017
El-Hadji Ba 2018
Ahmed Kashi 2018
Jordan Cousins 2019

Left Midfielders

Callum Harriott - 2017
Cristian Ceballos 2018
Zakarya Bergdich 2019

Strikers

Karlan Ahearne-Grant 2017 plus 1 year option
George Tucudean 2017 (contract terminated)
Tony Watt 2018
Igor Vetokele 2019 (on loan on to Zulte Waregem for season)
Ademola Lookman 2020
Lee Novak 2019
Nicky Ajose 2019

U21 Development Squad

Goalkeepers

Dimitar Mitov 2017 plus one year option
Jordan Beeney 2018 (had heard he signed a 2 year scholarship and 2 year pro deal)
Dillon Phillips - 2018

Right Backs

Aaron Barnes 2017

Centre Backs

Daniel Bowry 2017
Terell Thomas 2017
Ezri Konsa Undisclosed "Long Term" (2019 estimated, signed December 2015)
Kenneth Yao Undisclosed "Long Term" (2019 estimated, signed January 2016)

Left Backs

Archie Edwards 2018

Central Midfielders

Joe Aribo 2017
Chris Millar - 2017
Anfernee Dijksteel 2017
Oliver Muldoon 2017
Regan Charles-Cook Undisclosed "Long Term" (2019 estimated, signed December 2015)
George Lapslie 2019

Strikers

Brandon Hanlan 2018
Mikhail Kennedy 2018
Josh Umerah 2018
Louis-Michel Yamfam 2018 (Signed from Stevenage)

Comments

• Surely Phillips has to be classed as a First Team player now?
  • Surely Phillips has to be classed as a First Team player now?

Never played a league game
  • I take it Muldoon doesnt count either then as he's only played a League Cup match yet turns 22 in September so unless he goes out on Loan again for the season, he'll be classed as one of three over U21s in the Development Squad?
  • That's a side that should win League One at a canter.

Now for the departures.... :/
  • Isn't Millar a striker?

OS says stiker, handbook says midfielder although it adds he can play either side of a front three and as a centre forward.

Also says he is "tall"
  • edited June 2016

Isn't Millar a striker?

OS says stiker, handbook says midfielder although it adds he can play either side of a front three and as a centre forward.

Also says he is "tall"
    But is that 'tall enough'?

I like this bit in your preamble:

"Thanks to @Scoham for checking the details. All errors mine."

It makes it look like Scoham tells you all the information, then you put whatever comes into your head in the post.

Also says he is "tall"

It makes it look like Scoham tells you all the information, then you put whatever comes into your head in the post.
    Yes, that is exactly what happens *walks away wondering why he bothers*

Also says he is "tall"

Yes, that is exactly what happens *walks away wondering why he bothers*
    It was a whimsical aside; your efforts are appreciated by all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not many LB'S or RB's at the club are there!

Also says he is "tall"

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!!!!

What little I've seen of Millar he's been deployed as an attacking midfielder.

Agree @MeebaumAzanitch that we're a bit light on fullbacks. Worth noting that RCC has played RB (with mixed results).

Edwards at one point was pretty highly rated, and he's been a right footer playing left back so could provide cover for either fullback spot. Because he's on the small side, I wonder if next year, or at least in pre-season, he'll be given a go on the fringes of the first team. He seemed to be doing pretty well last year until injury hit. Insight from those who regularly watch the youth teams is always appreciated.
  • Going on this interview with Slade it sounds like he'll be looking to use Holmes on the left.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118808&headline=Charlton set to enjoy best years of Ricky Holmes' career, says boss Russell Slade&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

It'll be interesting to see what type of player he goes for on the right. An out and out winger, another player cutting in or a more defensive player (as Powell did with Pritchard/Wilson).
  • Momentary confusion as I was thinking of THD until I got half way through the article.

Holmes-Dennis to Holmes to Holmes-Dennis to Holmes.... GOAAALLLL!
  • Momentary confusion as I was thinking of THD until I got half way through the article.

Holmes-Dennis to Holmes to Holmes-Dennis to Holmes.... GOAAALLLL!

If only Mark Dennis was still playing, we could really confuse you :-)
  • Barrett?
  • Sponsored links:

• Chapel?
  • We have needed a decent attacking centre mid for a few year now. Lets hope Slade lets the scum in charge know we need one.
  • Nicholas said:

We have needed a decent attacking centre mid for a few year now. Lets hope Slade lets the scum in charge know we need one.

I imagined Novak will fill that role rather than be played as an out and out forward?
  • Nicholas said:

We have needed a decent attacking centre mid for a few year now. Lets hope Slade lets the scum in charge know we need one.

I imagined Novak will fill that role rather than be played as an out and out forward?
    isn't Novak primarily a target man striker ?

• Nicholas said:

Yes but Bournemouth used Yann in a similar role to feed the chances through to Wilson. Worked quite well...
  • Nicholas said:

Yes but Bournemouth used Yann in a similar role to feed the chances through to Wilson. Worked quite well...
    Yann has a very good 1st touch, can pick a pass, great awareness and vision.

Does anyone know how Novak compares?

• Oggy Red said:

Nicholas said:

Yann has a very good 1st touch, can pick a pass, great awareness and vision.

Does anyone know how Novak compares?

Ive always thought of Novak as more of a high-class Simon Church (no disrepect to Lee intended) in that he is a very hard working striker as opposed to a Target Man or creator.
  • Did t the Huddersfield fan that posts in here describe him as a worker who gives his all, gets a few goals but is not technically great. Sounded like Simon Church + rather than Yann by the description.
  • Did t the Huddersfield fan that posts in here describe him as a worker who gives his all, gets a few goals but is not technically great. Sounded like Simon Church + rather than Yann by the description.

He technically good has goals he scores are proof of that! He's way way better than Church
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!