Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boxing tonight

Comments

• Options
    He's a party animal mate, never in it for the long haul
  • Options
    Not a big fan of these weight mismatches
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Regardless of all the weight issues and stuff one of the best and most exciting fighters will be on our door step. Literally Greenwich.

I was lucky enough to watch him take apart Martin Murray in Monte Carlo in 2015 and trust me he is worth the entrance fee. Fantastic boxer.

I will be at red alert for tickets for this.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Regardless of all the weight issues and stuff one of the best and most exciting fighters will be on our door step. Literally Greenwich.

I was lucky enough to watch him take apart Martin Murray in Monte Carlo in 2015 and trust me he is worth the entrance fee. Fantastic boxer.

I will be at red alert for tickets for this.

Already got mine :)

Agree with all that you say. I was hoping it would be Canelo/GGG in Vegas the week after but now I see GGG in London and then Canelo in Vegas 7 days later - shame it's not in the same ring.

Yes I am a very lucky boy - but I love my boxing especially when I take my two beautiful sons with me. One of the few pleasures left for this old man!!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Hearn said: "There is a huge future for Chris Eubank Jr. He can fight the winner later on in the year. He has got a big future ahead of him. He misses out this time but I am sure he will get his shot in due course."

There you go smoke and mirrors

I will be getting tickets for GGG vs Brook the minute they go on sale

• Options
    Kell Brook has done everything well in his career, one of the best performances by a British fighter travelling to win the belt against a dangerous Shawn Porter. Golovkin just looks impervious and whacks so hard. It's not a huge weight step up for Brook, he's a huge welterweight anyway and has looked sluggy at the weight his last few fights. If he wins it will be the biggest shock in modern boxing even fury beating little klit
  • Options
    Best way to see this fight will be the VIP tickets normally 250 reckon they will be 350 for this but we'll worth it
  • Options

Best way to see this fight will be the VIP tickets normally 250 reckon they will be 350 for this but we'll worth it

Blocks 102 and 111 VIP seats are a great view. I'm ringside for this one though - I want to see GGG up close. As @stonewallpenalty says, you don't often get to see fighters of Golovkin's stature in Greenwich and he's up there with the best PfP boxers at the moment. Kell is a very good boxer but Golovkin is exceptional.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Blocks 102 and 111 VIP seats are a great view. I'm ringside for this one though - I want to see GGG up close. As @stonewallpenalty says, you don't often get to see fighters of Golovkin's stature in Greenwich and he's up there with the best PfP boxers at the moment. Kell is a very good boxer but Golovkin is exceptional.
    How you got tickets already?
  • Options

bobmunro said:

How you got tickets already?
    A contact I have - the same guy who got me Mayweather/Pacquiao tickets last year (he can basically get anything) - inner ringside with full hospitality but not cheap :(

Most of the VIP stuff is pre-sold.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Golovkin isn't going to have it all his own way against Brook. It will be a proper scrap two of the top 10 fighters in the world right now goin at it.

Hearn said the Eubanks wanted full control of the show (basically no promoters) to stil fight under the Hearn brand and wanted to make ticket prices double extortionate.

Senior is ruining juniors career in my opinion.

Will definitely be attempting to get tickets for this
  • Options
    Good luck to you @bobmunro have a top night. Very jealous!
  • Options
    Ringside is the only way to watch this fight or else watch it at home Imo, Bellew at goodison was unreal and to see it from ringside was an honour
  • Options

Ringside is the only way to watch this fight or else watch it at home Imo, Bellew at goodison was unreal and to see it from ringside was an honour

Had this exact conversation today, it went from how many tickets my mate was getting to who is hosting it in about 3 minutes!
  • Options
    I am doing everything I can to get ringside on this one or I won't go GGG in London to good to miss the hospitality packages on offer if I can not just get the tickets and sort the day and night out myself, hoping something comes through
  • Options
    Earlier, promoter Eddie Hearn took to Radio 5 live in the U.K. to shed some light on the sudden and dramatic switch. “The problem was that Chris Eubank Sr. wanted operational control of the show,” revealed the Matchroom boss.

“He wanted to select his own ticket prices, his own undercard … talking about security and hotels. I don’t need that hassle — that’s what we do, that’s what we’ve done for 30 years.”

Come on Sr you are so far from that level you can't begin to believe you deserve that
  • Options

Earlier, promoter Eddie Hearn took to Radio 5 live in the U.K. to shed some light on the sudden and dramatic switch. “The problem was that Chris Eubank Sr. wanted operational control of the show,” revealed the Matchroom boss.

“He wanted to select his own ticket prices, his own undercard … talking about security and hotels. I don’t need that hassle — that’s what we do, that’s what we’ve done for 30 years.

Come on Sr you are so far from that level you can't begin to believe you deserve that

It makes me think, NLA the cynics were right.

If they really believed they could win the fight the reward would be unspeakable. I'm talking household name, sports personality of the year nominee.

I am now thinking they used Hearn and his promoters mouth and platform to build for a fight that never intended in taking.

It stank straight away and i was never convinced.

• Options

“He wanted to select his own ticket prices, his own undercard … talking about security and hotels. I don’t need that hassle — that’s what we do, that’s what we’ve done for 30 years.”

Eubank is an idiot, however i can't help but think they forced so many demands on Hearn, knowing that he wouldn't agree, simply because they didn't really want the fight at this stage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice guy Eddie I reckon may still have been involved in the smoke screen surely no way would eubank believe he could reach that level of control in a fight of that magnitude
  • Options
    Never believe a word Hearn says. He's as bad as Warren, just with a bit more money behind him.
  • Options
    Managed to get 2 £200 tickets for GGG V Brook.
  • Options

Managed to get 2 £200 tickets for GGG V Brook.

Well done! I had no luck at allm
  • Options
    Might be making this up but I vaguely remember reading on here about a Lifer whom is an up and coming boxer.

Am I right?

• Options
    Two days to go - that's come round very quickly.

Who's going from CL? Would be happy to buy have a pint with any fellow lifers!

My money will be on Golovkin to win by stoppage rounds 7-12 - 2/1 or thereabouts. I hope I'm wrong though and Kell pulls off one of the great British sporting achievements. He does have a chance and it will definitely be Golovkin's hardest fight.

I can't wait and also can't remember looking forward to a fight so much.

• Options
    I couldn't do it mate tickets were just too much for me, genuinely jealous of where your sitting, decided to go ringside for crollas fight 24th Sept instead 4 tickets for the same price of 1 ringside at the GGG Brooke show

It's a fight I would want to be as close as possible to witness but I think GGG takes Brooke out in rds 6-9

Genuine anticipation for this GGG is a machine and although I give kell total credit for taking the fight and total respect for having the belief that he is going to do what he wants to GGG, I just can't see it,

• Options

I couldn't do it mate tickets were just too much for me, genuinely jealous of where your sitting, decided to go ringside for crollas fight 24th Sept instead 4 tickets for the same price of 1 ringside at the GGG Brooke show

It's a fight I would want to be as close as possible to witness but I think GGG takes Brooke out in rds 6-9

Genuine anticipation for this GGG is a machine and although I give kell total credit for taking the fight and total respect for having the belief that he is going to do what he wants to GGG, I just can't see it,

That's a shame - but Crolla v Linares is also a huge fight.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I am sponsoring Isaac Lowe for the fight what do you think of his Chances making the step up from commonwealth to the next level, big fan of crolla
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I am sponsoring Isaac Lowe for the fight what do you think of his Chances making the step up from commonwealth to the next level, big fan of crolla

If Lowe's head is in the right place he will win comfortably - Munyai has obviously fought at world level but just past his sell-by date in my view. I've got a lot of time for Peter Fury and I'm sure Isaac will be very well prepared.

I too am a big fan of Crolla and would have gone, but I'm at the O2 Saturday and then fly out to Vegas next Thursday for a long weekend. I'm not sure the missus would appreciate three weekends on the trot with me away with the lads - and I can't afford a divorce!!