Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Protests

Will the protests diminish slowly,as we have a English Manager and British players coming in,or is a wait and see how we do during the season.?

Comments

• Options
    Derek1952 said:

Not Interested.

Me neither, we're rubbish lol
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Not Interested.

sensible
  • Options
    It's never (in my eyes) been against the club or those who work for it- it's only ever been against Duchatelet and miere , to be able to actually have a prosperous future rather than one filled with seasons like we've had under Duchatelet!

Maybe the signings mean they have admitted that the fans were/are right OR that they are desperate!
  • Options
    There was an earlier similar thread which addressed this theme. IMO the protests were always separate from team performance good or bad as encapsulated in the support the team not the regime mantra of CARD.

So, in theory nothing has changed although of course the operative words are in theory and in practice I think the Slade appointment is good for the team but the continuation of Meire in post negates for me any benefits for the regime. Plus, I remain to be convinced that RD would ever admit to being influenced by fan pressure. Still want to see them go irrespective of how the team performs next season. Can't now predict how the protests will pan out when season starts.
  • Options
    What happened to the summer protests?
  • Options
    In Russell Slade we have made a good step forward. Hopefully by the time the new season starts I hope to see more good activity. Whilst we need to watch the situation carefully, I believe that we need to get behind Russell and the team and avoid pitch protests for the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Derek1952 said:

Will the protests diminish slowly,as we have a English Manager and British players coming in,or is a wait and see how we do during the season.?

Protests have, quite clearly, been ineffective. Hence the strokers are still here.
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

I've been banging on about this for weeks .. the CARDistanis are determined to carry on protesting .. the signing of an experienced manager and potentially a few English players butters no parsnips with this determined band .. anyhow I am sure that the newbies are aware of the situation
  • Options
    As mentioned elsewhere - moratorium on in match protests for me. Not fair on new players and manager. The damage has already been done for many. I've given them the benefit of the doubt on a number of occasions now

They have to show a complete 180 for me, and that can't be judged until this time next year. If that
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    I have been protesting all summer but only because my gut is now so big I have not seen my cock since Christmas AND no-one else is likely to either!!!
  • Options
    No chucking crap on the pitch until confirmed we are in league 2....
  • Options
    Meire is pathetic....

Roland doesn't give a shit pit.....and strangely, weirdly, Meirely, laughably, thinks he knows something about football.

What a complete undermining c*nt.

Murray has sold his soul to a pair of muppets......

And Fraeye went to Hollywood....

Seriously I just hate them.

Whatever they do, it still won't be enough for me to think

"Oh, they are no longer complete w@nkers and I now hope they stay"

IT WONT HAPPEN.
  • Options

Derek1952 said:

Protests have, quite clearly, been ineffective. Hence the strokers are still here.
    In no way do I intend to compare our present circumstances (or insult the memory of the many casualties of war) to those that Churchill was referring to when he said:

'Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.'

But I take the same view (and I am pretty sure others do) that this was always going to be a long and difficult campaign but we will get there in the end. There will be highs and lows, some events more successful than others, but one day they will be gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2016
    I think it's really important that we back the team and manager next season.

Protests should continue, absolutely. The reality is that next season we'll be winning games and things are already going in the right direction in terms of how the club is run with signings and 'manager' (not head coach) so it won't be the same as last season. There's also going to be a LOT less of us!

The fact is that we need a CEO who knows what they're doing, fits in with the club (e.g. no stupid shit like a fans sofa) and an owner that wants to take us places... regardless of how wealthy they are. That's fundamental. A good thing, as I've said before, is if Slade is really as hands on like it sounds he is - CEO incompetence won't matter as much as it has in the past, but we do need to be rid of her.
  • Options
    My only hope is that we do not produce two sets of Charlton supporters opposing each other, that must not be the way forward. I will approach next season concentrating upon getting fully behind Russell and the team, but I will expect the two stooges to start understanding that this is no ordinary Club. I hope that CARD will open a communication channel to them, and approach the m with intelligent, positive views and comments. I do not care if I never see Roland at a game, but I do demand that he either listens to us or gets the hell out of our Club.
  • Options
    Brilliant post, Chizz. Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Granpa said:

My only hope is that we do not produce two sets of Charlton supporters opposing each other, that must not be the way forward. I will approach next season concentrating upon getting fully behind Russell and the team, but I will expect the two stooges to start understanding that this is no ordinary Club. I hope that CARD will open a communication channel to them, and approach the m with intelligent, positive views and comments. I do not care if I never see Roland at a game, but I do demand that he either listens to us or gets the hell out of our Club.

I agree with most of what you've said here. But why should CARD open a communication channel to RD and KM? The whole point of CARD is to gather and garner protest against this awful duo. Their role is to do everything possible to remove them. Not to cosy up to them and chat.

These despicable, awful, selfish people who own, run and are ruining our club need to go; not just change.

Some of the things they have done in the last few weeks seem positive. But they're only positive when compared to the cataclysmic incompetence of the past two years.

So, CARD, if you're reading this - which I'm sure some of you are - carry on doing what it takes to get rid of them. Don't chat with them. Don't consult with them. Don't advise them. Remove them.
    What this fine gentleman (possibly) said.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

If we win the league or go up we will merely be back where we were when the protests began.

I do not wish Slade or the players ill, indeed I predict a good start when everybody will think the problems are solved, but that start will have to be sustained in order to succeed.

I believe that Slade and the players ought to be judged mainly on results next season, and there will be fall out if the results are poor, or become poor when fatigue, injuries, suspensions, or other teams sussing us out kicks in.

There will be no acceptable (to me) excuses if we don't storm this division.

I think it is appropriate to have an undercurrent of protest all the time. I think the players and football side ought to be able to deal with protests that impinge on them as they did last season.

We are signing players, but when Lookman and Cousins and others go very soon, that for me will balance today's hope with tomorrow's disappointment. The only aim for this regime is minimum of Championship play offs in the spring of 2018.

If Katrien and Murray were to leave the scene right now however the landscape will have changed.

Given what has happened so far, why ought the mess in the future be any different, this regime are very good at alienation and cock ups on an almost weekly basis?

I also expect this regime that goes on about our Academy and community work to have fully completed the Sparrows Lane development by early 2017 (which would be way behind schedule anyway).

I would finally like to see a surprise announcement on Monday of all season tickets at £100 or £50 for next season with rebates for those who have already bought them.

Yes I know this is all a lot to hope for, but it would go some way to diminishing our angst.

Spot on Seth.

There will no doubt be disappointment to follow.

At last an English manager has been appointed and we've acquired players from other English clubs, used to the rigours of English football. I'd love to see, however, a public admission that RD has got the last two years completely wrong.

I don't believe that, under his ownership, this club can possibly move forward while Katrien Meire remains in charge (I know that others would prefer her to stay in charge, so that she can continue to cock things up - guaranteed if she stays).

Whilst I would much prefer that he sells the club, if that is not going to happen then the least that he can do, if he wishes to truly engage the fans, is to remove her from the position of CEO.

Unfortunately, I do not believe that this will happen, The only course of action, therefore, is for the protests to continue to show that we will not be bought off cheaply with a few appointments that we all knew were necessary two years ago.

I would encourage fans to continue to not buy season tickets, as I believe that they will be desperate to sell tickets, at a reasonable price on a match-by-match basis, when they realise what the attendance figures will be.

• Options
    The majority of "during match" pro

seth plum said:

If we win the league or go up we will merely be back where we were when the protests began.

I do not wish Slade or the players ill, indeed I predict a good start when everybody will think the problems are solved, but that start will have to be sustained in order to succeed.

I believe that Slade and the players ought to be judged mainly on results next season, and there will be fall out if the results are poor, or become poor when fatigue, injuries, suspensions, or other teams sussing us out kicks in.

There will be no acceptable (to me) excuses if we don't storm this division.

I think it is appropriate to have an undercurrent of protest all the time. I think the players and football side ought to be able to deal with protests that impinge on them as they did last season.

We are signing players, but when Lookman and Cousins and others go very soon, that for me will balance today's hope with tomorrow's disappointment. The only aim for this regime is minimum of Championship play offs in the spring of 2018.

If Katrien and Murray were to leave the scene right now however the landscape will have changed.

Given what has happened so far, why ought the mess in the future be any different, this regime are very good at alienation and cock ups on an almost weekly basis?

I also expect this regime that goes on about our Academy and community work to have fully completed the Sparrows Lane development by early 2017 (which would be way behind schedule anyway).

I would finally like to see a surprise announcement on Monday of all season tickets at £100 or £50 for next season with rebates for those who have already bought them.

Yes I know this is all a lot to hope for, but it would go some way to diminishing our angst.

Spot on Seth.

There will no doubt be disappointment to follow.

At last an English manager has been appointed and we've acquired players from other English clubs, used to the rigours of English football. I'd love to see, however, a public admission that RD has got the last two years completely wrong.

I don't believe that, under his ownership, this club can possibly move forward while Katrien Meire remains in charge (I know that others would prefer her to stay in charge, so that she can continue to cock things up - guaranteed if she stays).

Whilst I would much prefer that he sells the club, if that is not going to happen then the least that he can do, if he wishes to truly engage the fans, is to remove her from the position of CEO.

Unfortunately, I do not believe that this will happen, The only course of action, therefore, is for the protests to continue to show that we will not be bought off cheaply with a few appointments that we all knew were necessary two years ago.

I would encourage fans to continue to not buy season tickets, as I believe that they will be desperate to sell tickets, at a reasonable price on a match-by-match basis, when they realise what the attendance figures will be.

Totally agree , and as I read on here somewhere- "it's like having your mother in law over" , but personally I'd only be able to accept her being over/RD being here if we are minus the crap CEO and close to if not in the premier league!

What I'd like to point out is that signing English players , working with an English manager and listening to a head scout is all a massive benefit to Duchatelets wallet when(IF) it is a success- it means he has a higher worth asset , with more earning potential ... It's not for us the fans but for his wealth!
    Let's not forget that whatever happens this season , it is to benefit RD and to regain value in his investment...
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

What happened to the summer protests?

Rained off
    They are being held in the church hall after the bring and buy sale