Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season Tickets......A call from the club

While i was out today, my other half took a phone call from Charlton inquiring if i was going to renew my season tickets. When she said that i wasnt, it seemed to her that the woman sounded extreamly concerned and was very keen to have feedback as too why!

She said it didnt sound like a noraml sales pitch type call, it sounded like a very worried lady!

Comments

• Waiting for my call, hope they ring as I have a few things to say, politely of course.
  • cafckev said:

While i was out today, my other half took a phone call from Charlton inquiring if i was going to renew my season tickets. When she said that i wasnt, it seemed to her that the woman sounded extreamly concerned and was very keen to have feedback as too why!

She said it didnt sound like a noraml sales pitch type call, it sounded like a very worried lady!

Perhaps to woman on the phone is on commission. If so she will end up owing her employers money.
  • Someone said on another thread that they had hired an agency to make the calls hoping to pick up on the positive vibes of the Slade appointment.

Thankless task for the agency staff who must dream of the chance to sell double glazing instead.

More money down the drain...

Katrien has already spent half the season ticket income on attending conferences and pointless marketing!
  • Waiting for my call, hope they ring as I have a few things to say, politely of course.

If they do ring, ask to speak to squirrel face and say them impolitely.
  • Had a phonecall about 10.30am. They wanted to know "where my head is in relation to taking advantage of the exceptional value offered by a season ticket and why I haven't renewed".

"My head is telling me not to give the current ownership another penny of my money".

Please tell me that they didn't really ask where your head was? Is that a 'thing' in sales now?
  • no call to us as far as we know - unless they are calling from a "number withheld"? - are they?
  • Sponsored links:

• Had a phonecall about 10.30am. They wanted to know "where my head is in relation to taking advantage of the exceptional value offered by a season ticket and why I haven't renewed".

"My head is telling me not to give the current ownership another penny of my money".

Please tell me that they didn't really ask where your head was? Is that a 'thing' in sales now?
    The first paragraph is exactly what the girl asked me.
  • Mandy left a message on my answerphone re a ticket query and was gone within a few days. I must get round to calling her back.
  • Got a call last week - number wasn't withheld and the woman on the other end was very polite, as was I when I explained that I couldn't renew while this owner was in charge.
  • Someone said on another thread that they had hired an agency to make the calls hoping to pick up on the positive vibes of the Slade appointment.

Thankless task for the agency staff who must dream of the chance to sell double glazing instead.

I just bought some double glazing from a lady on the phone , well I didn't have too but I had two choices! ;)

If they do ring, ask to speak to squirrel face and say them impolitely.
    I did wonder what would happen if I said I was thinking of renewing but needed to speak to Katie first.

The first paragraph is exactly what the girl asked me.
    Oh sweet Jesus that's the sort of bollocks guaranteed to wind most people up that they spout on The Apprentice. Not trying to convince lapsed ST holders during a dispute with the clubs owners.
  • I might switch my call screening off until I get the pleasure. My head is on my shoulders still and ready for the question.
  • Just tell them that you won't renew while the lying bitch remains in charge. Oh, I forgot, players are only signing because of her!
  • Sponsored links:

• Got the call this afternoon from 02082692555
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Got the call this afternoon from 02082692555

Would be a shame if people rang then back on that number
  • Give a little whistle....
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Got the call this afternoon from 02082692555

Me too...but it was to my mobile phone and I missed it.
  • If you are not going to renew and receive a phone call from the ticket office then politely ask if you can get a call personally from Meire to explain why.
  • I am waiting for a call and intend to try to cut a deal like with insurance, or broadband, or energy, or car servicing.
    I hope they allow the poor callers autonomy and flexibility.
  • edited June 2016
    I get the feeling there may be a "don't even bother calling them" list and seth is at about no. 5.
  • I reckon those of us that left our season tickets at Sam Bartram's feet won't be getting a call... unfortunately.
  • I reckon those of us that left our season tickets at Sam Bartram's feet won't be getting a call... unfortunately.

Yep as Tony the Testicle has your details and has put them all on his banned list