Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

XBox One help needed

My son has an XBox One that for some unknown reason has stopped automatically updating. When trying to update it gets up to 15% complete then stops and says "cannot complete the update". He has gone through all trouble shooting without any luck. Does anyone here have any ideas as to what is going on and can give any pointers? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    If you go on the Xbox website, there's a Live Support feature which lets you chat to a person from Microsoft who will help you fix the problem.

It's a great service and always worked well for me.
  • Options
    Type in to You Tube what the problem is. Normally you will get tech support there. By watching the vlog it enables you to follow the process. My son has done it a few times and tends to work
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    This happened to me when i first got my Xbox One back in 2013, i had to download the update to a USB and follow a few steps to install it manually.

I hope this helps, you'll find a more detailed set of instructions here

Failing that I'd recommend trying this....
  • Options
    Should of bought a ps4
  • Options
    I heard if you put it in water for 30 mins then the problem will be fixed
  • Options
    I heard if you put it in water for 30 mins then the problem will be fixed
  • Options
    Blinkant said:

Should of bought a ps4

I heard PS4 owners write gibberish.
  • Options
    Here's my opinion:

At present, the PS4's technical edge makes it the better bet in the long-term, that said the Xbox One makes a good case with its multimedia capabilities and proven online service. The more powerful PS4 still narrowly edges out the Xbox One for us, but if Halo, keen pricing, or multimedia features are important to you then don't hesitate to buy an Xbox One instead.

I won't lie someone that isn't me wrote that...

Either way use Microsoft support they'll assist you.