Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paris - City Break

I've booked a 2 night break in Paris at the end of July for me and my wife, can anyone suggest a good area to stay close to the tourist sites?

Comments

• Options
    Central can be very expensive but the metro makes it easy to reach most of the sites. Place de bastille amd Les Marias were less expensive relatively but @adrian is the man to ask, he lives there when he isn't in Blackppol
  • Options
    Thanks Henry, much appreciated.
  • Options
    I stayed here earlier this year. It's between Le Louvre and the Champs Elysee (both walkable), and Madeleine metro is less than 2 minutes away.

http://www.hoteldutriangledor.com/en/

The rooms are pretty plush and for Paris it's great value.
  • Options
    Cheers @RedPanda, I'll check it out.
  • Options
    Once you've nailed down an area I'd check out airbnb for the accomodation.
  • Options
    Central is good but as Henry says, it's all pretty accessible by metro. Some of the restaurants just outside the centre can be better value (& better food). I love Paris, a great place to just mooch about for a day, stopping for a coffee and bite to eat here and there.
  • Options
    The Tour De France finishes in Paris the weekend of the 23/24 July so if it is that weekend I would have a re-think. Paris will be heaving and expensive.
  • Options

The Tour De France finishes in Paris the weekend of the 23/24 July so if it is that weekend I would have a re-think. Paris will be heaving and expensive.

Thanks @eaststandmike Didn't know that, We were due to go on the 25th, hopefully it won't be so busy.
  • Options
    Onlyme said:

Thanks @eaststandmike Didn't know that, We were due to go on the 25th, hopefully it won't be so busy.
    Perfect, they will be begging for your business when all the Tour fans have gone home.
  • Options
    I work in travel. Paris will verge between expensive and sold out this summer, but there's always offers. Last time I was thereI was near Montmartre and Opera, and the area was great. Walking distance up Montmartre and easy metro everywhere. Transport is good so you can save money with a suburban hotel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I recommend Saint Germain, Le Jardin Du Luxembourg in particular, great restaurants and bars.
  • Options

Visit a bistro called Au Chien Qui Fume ( the dog who smokes ). Fantastic.
  • Options
    Have stayed in Paris several times now and each time we used Airbnb.
    Last place was a large one bed flat just two minutes walk from the eiffel tower.
    Was just £65 a night.

Loads of decent flats in central Paris for under €100 a night.
  • Options
    Thanks to you all for all suggestions, much better than trip advisor ! :wink: