Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summary Of Todays Events

I've been at work all day and not been following today's events; has anyone got a couple of minutes to summarise, in a nutshell, what has gone on re. KM and PV and Billy Bullshit for those of us that have just turned up?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Just Meire being Meire really.
  • Options
    If you look at page 10 of the thread "Slade press conference updates" there is about 28 minutes of the press conference, start with that while you are waiting for other comments
  • Options
    As far as I can tell, RS had a press conference this morning with KM and RM as his first on being appointed manager. It was made clear that he is a manager but he only has "verbal assurances" from RD that he will be in control of who comes in/leaves. He said he has already been looking at getting players in.
    RM said he'd had a lot of abuse and didn't understand why and he's not going anywhere.
    KM said the club is not for sale and then said that the offer fronted by Varney to buy the club would mean a move from The Valley, which Roland would never do because he cares about us fans...
    Varney has responded demanding a retraction within 48 hours or that he will publish emails about a potential sale.
  • Options
    Press Conference. Slade has nothing in writing regarding control of transfers.

Meire bullshitting that Varney's takeover would result in Charlton leaving the Valley.
    Varney calls her out and gives her 48 hours to retract or he will publish emails between him and Duchatelet.

Murray. I am doing my best why does everyone hate me. Everyone, get lost, you deluded egotistical idiot.

The day basically summed up by Meire messing up some averagely good news by opening her mouth and showing how inept she is as a CEO.

• Options
    KM is asked a question towards the end of the 'Look we've turned a corner we are dealing with our mistakes here is an English MANAGER (not just a title but an influential guy) and on a 3 year contract' session.

Something to do with the club being for sale now or on promotion.

'No, as we have said before there have been a number of approaches including the one from Paul Varney but the truth is that an offer like this it involves a move away from the Balley and Roland knows how important it is to the fans to stay at the Valley.'

Paul Varney contacts the press to say this is bollocks and can she please provide proof of this assertion to the press. He then goes again and says she has 48 hours to retract her remark or he will publish emails from a month ago that were had with owner/regime.

Think that was it. In other news I thought Slade came across well and I wish him luck dealing with another set of mad owners and hope he can get a squad together. P
  • Options
    Makienok has joined Preston... Weve rejected a bid from Burnley for Nick Pope - Nothing else of note
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Varney's investors want to relocate Charlton to Sheffield to be near Chris Wilder. He denies it of course, so Katrien has suggested a cage fight between Varney and Slade to ascertain the truth. Cojones v Fanny Fanackerpan to be on the undercard. Tickets will be £38 to include 14 chips and a tour of the new trench at Sparrows Lane.

Bring it on !!!

As long as I don't have to wear a fankini....

• Options
  • Options
    It's Tony.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

Press Conference. Slade has nothing in writing regarding control of transfers.

Meire bullshitting that Varney's takeover would result in Charlton leaving the Valley.
    Varney calls her out and gives her 48 hours to retract or he will publish emails between him and Duchatelet.

Murray. I am doing my best why does everyone hate me. Everyone, get lost, you deluded egotistical idiot.

The day basically summed up by Meire messing up some averagely good news by opening her mouth and showing how inept she is as a CEO.

Missed the first bit about transfers, that's disappointing.
  • Options
    No it's ok because there will be an open discussion where Katrien and Roland say they want to move the club forward, Slade will say ok so here's how to do it, and then Naby Sarr Will be announced as club captain with JJ, Solly, Cousins all released.
  • Options

I've been at work all day and not been following today's events; has anyone got a couple of minutes to summarise, in a nutshell, what has gone on re. KM and PV and Billy Bullshit for those of us that have just turned up?

Cheers

She lied