Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2016 Question

Does anyone genuinely know if you can get in to the stadiums even if it is not your name on the tickets?? I've heard that they are asking for ID at the gates and they will have to match up with what's on the tickets, otherwise you won't get in!? I hope this is not true as I have someone else's name on my tickets.

Comments

• Options
    Same rubbish gets spouted at ever single tournament.
    Unless you are incredibly unlucky or draw attention to yourself, I don't envisage that you will have any problem whatsoever.

In 2006 I bought of a tout for the Ecuador 2nd round game and had an Arab name on my ticket. No problem.
  • Options
    I was wondering about this. The French carry ID cards with them everywhere so it would work at a French league match. British fans don't have ID cards, and are they really likely to take their passports to the game? If they are intending to ask for ID then they should have stated so on the tickets because otherwise it will cause problems. I shall have my driving license in my wallet as usual.
  • Options
    Depends if you've got a name like Russell
  • Options

Unless you are incredibly unlucky or draw attention to yourself, I don't envisage that you will have any problem whatsoever.

In 2006 I bought of a tout for the Ecuador 2nd round game and had an Arab name on my ticket. No problem.

2006 was not the same as 2016, not in France anyway. Security in France is still on high alert -even our end of year school party is still under threat of cancellation. This tournament is taking place at a time of real instability in the country. Not only is there the terrorist threat but there are strikes, blocades, and general social unrest. My advice would be not to do anything that is likely to cause the police problems because they will be very very edgy and uncompromising. Have some ID in your pocket.
  • Options
    I managed to get 4 tickets for Czechs v Spain. But because my buddy who is terminally ill didn't feel able to commit to it, we scrubbed the idea. I sold them to my assistant, her hubby is going with their son, and two mates. All four tickets have my name on. In such a case, if two people with such tickets turn up and when asked where the named person is, say "he's already inside", how could they possibly check if that is true?

To give them some peace of mind, I wrote a "to whom it may concern" letter, but I really don't think they will need it. I am sure @The Organiser is right, he is probably the most experienced England international fan on here.
  • Options

2006 was not the same as 2016, not in France anyway. Security in France is still on high alert -even our end of year school party is still under threat of cancellation. This tournament is taking place at a time of real instability in the country. Not only is there the terrorist threat but there are strikes, blocades, and general social unrest. My advice would be not to do anything that is likely to cause the police problems because they will be very very edgy and uncompromising. Have some ID in your pocket.
    I get all that mate, but 1. It's practically impossible to check the I.d. of everyone entering and 2. During the FIFA sale you could buy up to 4 tickets per person and each of the 4 had the name of the person who purchased them. No way are the other 3 holders going to get turned away in that scenario.

It's just to deter people from travelling without tickets, as always.
  • Options
    does anyone know how the segregation willl work i bagged england russia tickets in the general ballot so will it just be mixed fans, planning on wearing england shirt etc.
  • Options
    Yeah other than the two official allocations it will be mixed all over the show mate and I'm sure plenty will be in colours.
  • Options

Yeah other than the two official allocations it will be mixed all over the show mate and I'm sure plenty will be in colours.

cheers mate, yeah thought it would be.
  • Options
    pioneer said:

Does anyone genuinely know if you can get in to the stadiums even if it is not your name on the tickets?? I've heard that they are asking for ID at the gates and they will have to match up with what's on the tickets, otherwise you won't get in!? I hope this is not true as I have someone else's name on my tickets.

imasgine doing that at parc de prince with over 50k fans . never happen