Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Taxi from Beckenham to Gatwick - 9 people

Hi guys,

Off to Tenerife next Thursday with 8 others and we're after a mini-bus type jobbie to get us there.

Can anyone recommend anything that they have used before?

Cheers,

Joe

Comments

• Options
    I always use http://www.airport-pickups-london.com/

Reliable and reasonably priced. Everything can be booked online as well.
  • Options
    I've just realised that the way I've written my post makes it sound like I'm after a mini-bus to Tenerife!!

And cheers b_o_c, I'll take a look.
  • Options
    Unfortunately the link above only go up to an 8 seater. So still up for any recomendations...
  • Options
    Would recommend Addison Lee but they might be a bit pricey
  • Options
    They don't do cars big enough mate
  • Options
    I've used ubi cabs before. Very reasonably priced. Don't know if they do minibuses though
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Used lambs coaches a couple of years ago. Minibus from a couple of pick up points in eltham and one in plumstead to gatwick £200 return.
  • Options
    Cheers guys.

Will take a look at those.
  • Options
    Karel Fraeye recommends the kit mans minibus.
  • Options
    Regency cars in Beckenham will do a four and a five person car for you at very reasonable prices ........ Give them a bell they are really good for local in Beckenham.....0208 650 5050
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Would second what @No.1 in South London says about regency, have always been really good down to Gatwick when I've used them.

Not sure if they have a nine seater though.

Billy Bus Hire, from Hayes have a minibus and have always found them good as well, and would definitely be able to do the numbers you are after. Not too sure on the cost however
  • Options

Hi guys,

Off to Tenerife next Thursday with 8 others and we're after a mini-bus type jobbie to get us there.

Cheers,

Joe

New Regency at Beck Junc are mustard.
  • Options
    Kiwi Exec coaches Swanley reliable and reasonable .
  • Options
    I have no recommendations - but whoever you choose make sure there's room for the luggage as well as the people!
  • Options

Hi guys,

Cheers,

Joe

Just get 2 large cabs, you're unlikely to find a reasonably priced mini bus for that journey.
  • Options
    CAFC Luke said:

Billy Bus Hire, from Hayes have a minibus and have always found them good as well, and would definitely be able to do the numbers you are after. Not too sure on the cost however

Used these guys in the end.

£225 return, so £25 each.

Pretty good I thought...

Thanks all.
  • Options
    Juat a thought, why not get the tram to E Croydon and the train to Gatwick? It can all be done on Oyster and costs about £8 - £9 per person.
  • Options
    taxis only take maximum of 6 you'll need a private hire vehicle.

Pedantic to the extreme but it matters to us proper taxi drivers

thankss
  • Options
    Laziness to be honest - it's 3:30 in the morning...

Plus, £25 return in the end instead of £16/18 return with all that hassle early morning.

No brainer IMO.
  • Options
    I'll hire a smart car and do 9 airport runs for you. £100 a time. Deal?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

taxis only take maximum of 6 you'll need a private hire vehicle.

Pedantic to the extreme but it matters to us proper taxi drivers

thankss

Fair dos - sorry :-)
  • Options

Juat a thought, why not get the tram to E Croydon and the train to Gatwick? It can all be done on Oyster and costs about £8 - £9 per person.

Now that's proper Charlton. I like your thinking.
  • Options

I'll hire a smart car and do 9 airport runs for you. £100 a time. Deal?

I'm 6ft 4 - so no thanks :-)
  • Options

Laziness to be honest - it's 3:30 in the morning...

Plus, £25 return in the end instead of £16/18 return with all that hassle early morning.

No brainer IMO.

I missed the 'return' bit in your £225. 3.30am is not the time to be taking the tram.
  • Options
    Search for a2b transfers, use them all the time they are cheap and reliable. Booked a normal bus spot in Lanzarote with them turned up in a brand new Merc air con leather seats etc just for us
  • Options
    That's a long drive and won't be cheap!
  • Options
    BTW guys, while 9 people is a different kettle of fish, I have quite often used a one-way car rental rather than use a cab or airport parking. One firm, helpfully I can't remember which, (Alamo?) Does a special deal on one-way rentals involving an airport pick-up or drop-off.
    It really comes into its own at LGW south terminal as the rental place is adjacent to the terminal and a gentle stroll with your bags.
    PS As you get the car for 24 hours you can use it to load up all your crap and take it down the council tip so you don't mess up your own car.