Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wales and Simon Church

He won't score against England will he. Surely not.
I have this terrible sense of foreboding.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, England will be basing their whole game plan around him
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Yes, England will be basing their whole game plan around him

Very wise. That left sided midfielder they have is totally overated. We can leave him alone.
  • Options
    Having seen England's defending lately, I'm pretty sure Church could score
  • Options
    I bet he f***ing does. It'll be one off his back or arm or something.
  • Options

pettgra said:

Not unless they move the goal near to the corner flag.
    More like to the penalty spot... it's his power less than his accuracy that you have to watch out for with Simon "Thunderbolt" Church
  • Options
    This is why I love international football, Church in the same squad as Bale. :-)

Good luck Simon(other then against us), hope you have a good tournament.
  • Options
    I think back to the way Churchy mugged off that player to win a penalty in the away game a couple of years back (Cardiff? Reading? can't quite remember)
    I can just see Smalling falling for that.
  • Options
    What are his odds for tournament top scorer?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The best bet is to put money on him as scorer anytime against England, then he will not
  • Options
    pettgra said:

Now you've put it out there you know it's going to happen. A sponge foot pile driver from 4 feet hits Hart ricochets back in off Churches head, another Church classic.
    In all honesty I hope he has a great tournament a real 100% player
  • Options

I bet he f***ing does. It'll be one off his back or arm or something.

The word you're looking for is "arse".
  • Options

What are his odds for tournament top scorer?

Same as ours for L1champions.
  • Options
    Charlton fans at their best.
  • Options
    I have Wales in the work sweep, go on Church.........
  • Options
    Nothing against Simon, but how hard up are Wales's for quality strikers if Simon gets in their team at a major championship? Other teams will have Kane, Lukaku, Mandzukic, Vardy, Ibrahimovic, Griezmann, Muller, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, &c. and Wales have a Charlton reject.
  • Options
    He was on the pitch for five minutes and didn't touch the ball once...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nothing against Simon, but how hard up are Wales's for quality strikers if Simon gets in their team at a major championship? Other teams will have Kane, Lukaku, Mandzukic, Vardy, Ibrahimovic, Griezmann, Muller, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, &c. and Wales have a Charlton reject.

As galling to thin that the likes of Neville Southall, Ian Rush & Ryan Giggs never got to play in a major competition.......and to a lesser extent Jonny Robinson when he made numerous appearances for Wales.
  • Options

From what I seen so far at the Euros Kane is there with Simon in terms of effectiveness.
  • Options
    sm said:

From what I seen so far at the Euros Kane is there with Simon in terms of effectiveness.
    Many a true word said in jest.
  • Options
    Yep, not bad for an Englishman!
  • Options
    Here we go again "He runs around a lot" so does my 7 year old granddaughter but she isn't a footballer and neither is Church beggers belief he can be an international footballer.
  • Options

Here we go again "He runs around a lot" so does my 7 year old granddaughter but she isn't a footballer and neither is Church beggers belief he can be an international footballer.

If Ali Dia could convince Graham Souness that he was an international I'm sure anyone is capable of being duped.
  • Options

If only we could get paid to make the decisions on this players etc with our far superior football knowledge.