Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: The Championship Season 2015-16

many thanks to all of you who gave your marks as without you there would not be a Statbank, so here it is:
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    Good read that
    Lennon got the same number of goals and assists as Cousins, our POTY!!
  • Options
    Cousins was the worst POTY in our recent history tbf
  • Options
    Personally, I think a "6" = average.

We only had 2 players who scored a 6 or higher (average) & also played 30 games.
  • Options
    Brilliant mate, well done!
  • Options
    brilliant stats .. thanks @lancashire lad
  • Options
    Great work.
    Interesting that we haven't averaged more than 4 shots on target per game since the belgians came in, shocking really.
  • Options
    We used so many players and so few made 25+ appearances.

Comes down to not having a strong enough squad. That leads to us struggling, we rotate the team and bring in new players (and coaches) trying to make something work.

I'm expecting more of the same next season as RD and KM will want to see more academy players in the team and they might struggle to sign the players they want.
  • Options
    Great stuff @lancashire lad, must take ages to do all that and it's hugely appreciated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting/depressing read. Interesting that Luzon and Fraeye's records basically identical. And that quartet of knights in shing armour - McAleny, Poyet, Johnson, Williams - sitting at the bottom of the rankings: 17 games between them and an average mark of below 4. What a terrible season. Cheers LL.
  • Options
    Hope we can get Rhys Williams back, them stats are brilliant.
  • Options

Interesting/depressing read. Interesting that Luzon and Fraeye's records basically identical. And that quartet of knights in shing armour - McAleny, Poyet, Johnson, Williams - sitting at the bottom of the rankings: 17 games between them and an average mark of below 4. What a terrible season. Cheers LL.

Makes Richard Murray's sycophantic interview where he talked about how they'd addressed the recruitment problems with early, experienced signings even more of a mockery than it already was
  • Options
    @lancashire lad you're a fucking rock star. Thank you
  • Options
    Excellent work - and the figures don't lie.

We had as much possession as 2011-12 and more shots on target than last season.

What killed us was the poor defence - caused by selling, releasing, loaning out too many defenders over the summer. That and the general background of chaos.

If Riga had been there for all 46 games we would have stayed up finishing with at least 48 points and most likely more - around 50-55 - because of the stability and motivation he brought to the side. Instead we were relegated with 11 full Internationals, our strongest squad in many ways since 2008.

What a fiasco.
  • Options
    Brilliant stuff LL.

I hadn't realised Diarra had played so many games for us, only 8 fewer than Cousins. Him and Pope are better than Cousins, in their overall score, Top 3 positions and number of MOM

Can we have a revote for the POTY award :smile:
  • Options
    Kudos to you Lancs, how you still manage to produce the goods in the face of such adversity is beyond me. My little stats blog has died a death, and the museum is still waiting for stuff I said I'd finish by Christmas. This cretinous regime and it's hopeless brand of couldn't-care-less football has all but killed my enthusiasm. I hope Charlton Life are paying you well for this :wink:
  • Options
    39 players used! That must be a record in a season by a mile.
    Only 6 played more than 25 games.

If Riga had been manager all season we would have stayed up probably.

• Options
    redman said:

39 players used! That must be a record in a season by a mile.
    Only 6 played more than 25 games.

If Riga had been manager all season we would have stayed up probably.

In 2008-2009 (another relegation.......) we used 42 in all competitions + the pre-season home friendly v Athletico Bilbao. (39 in the League + Amdy Faye, Stuart Fleetwood and Rachid Yussuff in other games).

Very similar season in some ways: remember the euphoria after the 4-2 home win v Reading on 23rd August 2008? Thought we were going up? Same this year after the Hull game in August. Then the long drag as Pardew couldn't get a result followed by the rally under Parkinson in the last third? Same again this season - if Parkinson had been in charge throughout 2008-09 we'd probably have stayed up, as we would with Riga this year.

Taking a longer view than some I think we've been in trouble off the field one way or another - either with managers or directors or owners - since circa 2004.

For me Parker walking out and the team that was left being unable to see it through to finishing 6th and securing a place in what was then the UEFA cup was the start of a troubled period that has yet to finish.