Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Remember when we were a model club?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x76gli_turning-the-tables-plymouth-argyle_sport#.UO9CqewgGK0

Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere, but I've not seen it before.

All very disheartening in the light of events since 2014....

Comments

• Options
    Yes, I do remember this and the programme went out on National TV when Steve Sutherland and David Tall of Plymouth Argyle swapped roles for a week. It's true to say that it was an eye-opener for both.

To view this now in the light of current events - well I started to do it but it was too painful.

It does graphically illustrate just how much damage Meire has done to this club and I choose my words deliberately. Duchatelet may be the architect of the failed experiment now unfolding but a strong-willed and independent CEO could at least have recognised the main failings and taken steps to alleviate the impact.
    Also, it is difficult to believe that anyone other than Meire could have achieved the depth of alienation between the fans and the boardroom - the one 'achievement' of Meire which stands out above all others.

Back to Plymouth, I work in the city having been an exile in the West Country since 1969. By coincidence I was speaking about Charlton's current plight to an Argyle fan the other day and he said unprompted 'remember when you were the model club for aspiring clubs like ours'

Yes, we were.
    I wished him well with his trip to Wembley for the play-off. After all if Argyle go up that will be my 'home' game of next season because (despite being a regular attender and former season-ticket holder at the The Valley since 1962) I will no longer attend home games whilst Meire sits in the Directors box and Duchatelet plays games with the Club whilst sat in Belgium.

This Club was indeed a role-model - now it is an unrecognisable shell re-modelled and re-purposed with its history erased and consigned to the dustbin and with a dwindling discenchanted and despairing fan base.

Perhaps the BCC could do a reprise of the documentary looking now at how PAFC and Charlton are run.
    I think I know how it would pan out now but no doubt Meire would want editorial control as she cannot face the truth even when (as was the case with the Liar banner) it is literally thrust in her face.

• Options

Then - model club for all the right reasons

Now - model club for all the wrong reasons
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    "There's a difference for a start - a new ticket office. Ours is not quite so grand as that".

So, the first thing that a proper club CEO notices is the ticket office. The first thing our interim idiots do is turn it into an NHS call-centre.
  • Options
    Bolton were also a model club.
  • Options
    What were we? HO or OO?
  • Options
    Oh yeah, those were the days...

• Options
    edited May 2016

Anyone on here?
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Anyone on here?

Yeah, I'm the big one with the bald head at the back, in front of the L in VALLEY
  • Options
    Yes I posted it earlier in the week.
  • Options
    One on the left is the late Peter Underwood. That's why we are still a model club, as fans, as proven when Pete left us and the real CAFC family united to mourn the loss of one of own. A spirit they will never take away.