Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland Duchatelet - RC Lens takeover

I had a quick scan and can't see this subject on here. Apologies if this subject has been broached before.

One of my students (French guy) informed me this morning of Duchatelet's current interest in buying RC Lens. This is apparently at an advanced stage; and he's talking seriously with the authorities about this. Lens are currently stuck in Ligue 2, with an owner on the run with an international warrant for his arrest, no wages being paid yet the club still pull in over 35'000 fans per game.

At first I was filled with hope; hope that it could mean an imminent sale of Charlton. Then the pessimist in me decided that it would probably be just another network addition.

Don't shoot the messenger but my student, a guy in his late 40s, loves his football (happy as Larry as his local club, Toulouse, saved themselves from the drop this weekend) and knows his stuff aplenty. He knows a lot about us as well, which is always good.

Comments

• Options
    God help them
  • Options
    Didn't this come up last year. Hadn't heard any more about it.

Now we'll be able to off loan all our rejects to Lens
  • Options
    It was a rumour that was dismissed last year. Nothing recent about it in the French press.
  • Options
    can't find anything since May/June of last year
  • Options

No idea Henry. As I say, I had a quick butcher's but couldn't find anything.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

It came up during the Andy Delort saga.

I must say, if the owner of RC Lens is currently on the run - and Roland had a previous interest in the club - it would be a good time to capitalise on the mess and purchase it for a cheaper price. No doubt something Roland would try.
  • Options
    Lens are better than us at the level we are now I would have thought
  • Options
    Latest about it on Twitter? I don't speak French.

• Options
    Right close to the Belgian border also, for any fans wishing to distribute flyers to Meier's parents... :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wishful thinking, but surely Duchatelet & Meire should be on the run also, with international arrest warrants out for them!!
  • Options

No idea Henry. As I say, I had a quick butcher's but couldn't find anything.
    Thanks for posting it, might be something new happening. Was just saying that it came up before.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

He's suggesting their owner could try and get Duchatelet involved again. Sounds like he's speculating though.
  • Options
    Good opponents in a remake of the Anglo Italian cup but with French opposition in the third tier. Europe, here we come!
  • Options
    I would just wait for Katrien or Roland to deny it, then we'll know it's definitely happening...
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Who is their manager? And have they got any really shit players we can take on loan?

BTW good luck on 30 months of misery and your forthcoming relegation.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

He's suggesting their owner could try and get Duchatelet involved again. Sounds like he's speculating though.
    If they see Duchatalet as a white knight, how shocking must things be at their club?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016
    mogodon said:

Rob62 said:

If they see Duchatalet as a white knight, how shocking must things be at their club?
    They're not, the guy tweeting is suggesting it as a worse case scenario - that their mad owner deals with Duchatelet.
  • Options
    Lens would be a major step up in size from the rest of RD's network. I see they have one English player (he was born in London but his family moved to France when he was 7). Remember his name for future loan action...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Moore
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    RC Lens: Hafiz Mammadov may still derail the sale?
    There is a week RC Lens announced having received " two takeover proposals " and would give details " in the coming days" . But since then, nothing. Hafiz Mammadov, the current owner, it is still resistance? The Azerbaijani yet risk being stripped of the club.
    YFPublished on April 21, 2016 at 19:45, Updated May 6, 2016 at 19:48
    Hafiz Mammadov still has a say in the conciliation procedure. But a bankruptcy of the holding company could dispossess the club. © MaxPPP
    © MaxPPP Hafiz Mammadov still has a say in the conciliation procedure. But a bankruptcy of the holding company could dispossess the club.

Today's news =

If conciliation is to find a buyer for the conciliation procedure and the criteria for a finding or approval of conciliation are not met, the sale may also take place in fashion " prepack assignment " "explained Mr Laurent Assaya , who coordinates the practice" Restructuring and reorganization of companies "for the Paris office of Jones Day. " In this case, it is the court that decides in the end that is the right buyer and no matter what says the majority shareholder . There is an amicable conciliation phase (research of the buyer by the conciliator) and a phase judicial receivership (final choice of buyer by the court). the judicial phase can be very short if the work in conciliation identified the best buyer. This is the method used successfully in NextiraOne and FRAM . " The lawyer, however, that " the shareholder may appeal if necessary against the court decision ."

"Prepack Assignment"
    The "prepack assignment" was recently introduced into French law by an Order of 12 March 2014 on the reform of the insolvency law. However, it requires that the company is insolvent and files for bankruptcy . " We will tell the court when filing the report, we already have the solution ," summarizes Mr. Philippe Hameau , a lawyer at the Paris office of Norton Rose Fulbright, who worked on the first "prepack assignment" made ​​in France Autodistribution now. " The court must ensure that the candidate has taken all the required capabilities based on the conciliation of work. At the hearing, there may be several competing projects but one which is foreseen during the conciliation will often be privileged. the price is not necessarily the determining factor. the main criteria are primarily the job protection and sustainability of the company . " According to Mr. Hamlet, the time between filing for bankruptcy and the court judgment may take about a month when "prepack assignment". This "prepack assignment" is very similar to the solution that Gervais Martel was outlined in a press conference on 28 February . The president had lensois particularly recognized that the bankruptcy of the holding company , which is no longer funded by Mammadov for over a year was possible. " It can be done relatively easily ," he declared. " It's one of the possibilities on which we discussed and a number of operations have already been put in place . (...) If the holding company is in receivership or files for bankruptcy, it must immediately that there is a buyer who is present on the day to resume SASP ". The maneuver would also, he said, to avoid relegation to the lower level. " The holding company owns shares of SASP, but SASP is completely differentiated from holding ", he assured.

Ligue 1 as the ultimate lifeline?
    The President of RC Lens has worked hard for two years to overcome the difficulties and the absence of its majority shareholder, pushing some particular payment deadlines or getting the smoothing of certain expenses. But he said it no longer enough to convince the DNCG. " It will be important that we have brought a solution which is a solution of continuity" , he insisted on his last press conference. "We will not even fault we going to do wonders in the 2016/2017 season. It's just impossible. we will have to happen with a file that is concrete . " A possible rise in Ligue 1, however, could change that with TV rights significantly revised upwards. " EUR 3 million more per club fixed ", reminded the president lensois late February. Moreover, the odds of some young players like Jean-Philippe Gbamin, Wylan Cyprien or Benjamin Bourigeaud have surely risen in recent weeks with the fine performances of Blood and Gold. What hope maybe one or a few good sales during the next transfer window. " There's a lot of clubs who have made ​​mistakes because they will be worth much more expensive next season ," warned Gervais Martel after not having received any interesting offer at the winter market. At the same press conference, President lensois had said, to general surprise, that " this year the club will earn between 3 and 3.5 million ." What pay dividends to the holding company and avoid debt default?
  • Options
    Do they need a French-speaking CEO?
  • Options

Moreover, the odds of some young players like Jean-Philippe Gbamin, Wylan Cyprien or Benjamin Bourigeaud have surely risen in recent weeks with the fine performances of Blood and Gold.

We should get these lads in.
  • Options
    As mentioned above, this came up this time last year

forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2173636/#Comment_2173636

I've been to a few more Lens games since then and am even more convinced that the RC Lens supporters will eat Roly alive. If he thinks he has been getting aggro from CAFC fans, its nothing compared to what their "Ultras" will get up to.